There are 228 users in the forums

1st 15 cuts, guess the cuts thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
K Schmidt- need to evaluate players that will make the team.
RB Harper
FB Schepler
OL Omameh
S Ventrone
DE Okoye nice story waste of time.
OL Tribue
NT Purcell
LS McDermott
WR Hawkins
S McBath
LB Skuta - too many ahead of him and Johnson has more up side
QB Tolzien - time to cut the cord. He can not run the read option so move on.
WR Osgood -to old and slow.
CB Morris
[ Edited by leakyfausett on Aug 18, 2013 at 8:17 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by strickac:
Agree. Stupar played great, while Skuta's play dropped off. Those two should stick around and fight it out.

Stupar's first game wasnt good but 2nd game was much better. Skuta is an OLB and Stupar is an ILB so they aren't competing against each other really. Seems like Wilhoite and Moody have 3 and 4 ILB spots locked up. Stupar is likely playing for a PS spot.

They're not competing at the same position, but we'll keep the best LBs. Skuta had a pair a sacks against Denver but was irrelavant against KC. Stupar is all over the place. He looks like the better player to me. I'd much rather see him stick around, rather than bring in a guy like Spikes.

Skuta has to beat out Cam if he wants to make the team. That's a good match. Cam had a freebie sack against KC, so it still an open competition, IMO.
[ Edited by strickac on Aug 18, 2013 at 8:18 AM ]
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I wouldn't cut Osgood. He is a good special teams player. We need all the help we can get at ST.
Originally posted by strickac:
They're not competing at the same position, but we'll keep the best LBs. Skuta had a pair a sacks against Denver but was irrelavant against KC. Stupar is all over the place. He looks like the better player to me. I'd much rather see him stick around, rather than bring in a guy like Spikes.

Skuta has to beat out Cam if he wants to make the team. That's a good match. Cam had a freebie sack against KC, so it still an open competition, IMO.

I'm not sure who is the better pass rusher between Skuta and Johnson, but if I'm not mistaken Johnson was responsible for allowing the 104 yard KOR for a TD.
Hall and Hawkins are on the bubble.... Both receivers are just starting to catch speed, should make for an interesting fight. Sad that Jenkins does nothing and more than likely, is rewarded with a roster spot, when others like Hall play their hearts out and get cut.
Hall better make the team, i think he has some welker in him.. I'm really liking Hawkins.. Hopefully he gets more time to play in the next 2 games.. We better cut osgood and lockette : /
Omama should have been cut before he was even signed. Dude is on par with Kwame Harris and Chilo Rachal when it comes to BAD.
We don't have enough roster spots for all of the players worth keeping.

Nor are there enough spots on the PS for the players they want to put there.

Eric Wright is going to be on the NFI list to start the season is my guess.

There are 2 LBs named Johnson, one will be a first cut, the other last cut is my guess.

I think Thomas has played better than Robinson at S.
I want the roster to look something like this..

53 man Roster

QBS (3)- Kap, Mccoy, Daniels

RBS (4)- Gore, Hunter, James, Dixon

FBS (1)- Miller

WRS (6)- Boldin, Jenkins, Patton, Collie, Williams, Lockette

TES (3)- Davis, Mcdonald, Celek

OL(8)- Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, Davis, Looney, Kilgore, Snyder

DL (5)- Smith, Williams, Dorsey, Mcdonald, Dobbs

OLBS (5)- Smith, Brooks, Haralson, Lemonier, Cam Johnson

ILBS (4)- Willis, Bowman, Wilhoite, Moody

CBS (6)- Brown, Rogers, Asomugha, Cox, Brock, Cooper

FS (3)- Reid, Spillman, Dahl

SS (2)- Whitner, Robinson

K (1)- Dawson

P (1)- Lee

LS (1)- Jennings

Practice Squad

CB Morris

DL Okoye

RB Hampton

TE- Gray

4 other guys

Injured but expected back at some point- WR Crabtree, WR Manningham, DL Carradine, DL Dial, CB Eric Wright
I hope we keep Gray on the 53 even if it means cutting Celek...He looks like a big upside guy..almost like a young Vernon Davis.

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

53 man Roster

FBS (1)- Miller

K (1)- Dawson

P (1)- Lee

LS (1)- Jennings

Practice Squad

CB Morris

DL Okoye

RB Hampton

TE- Gray

4 other guys

Injured but expected back at some point- WR Crabtree, WR Manningham, DL Carradine, DL Dial, CB Eric Wright

No Moore? Can't imagine he doesn't make it.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

53 man Roster

FBS (1)- Miller

K (1)- Dawson

P (1)- Lee

LS (1)- Jennings

Practice Squad

CB Morris

DL Okoye

RB Hampton

TE- Gray

4 other guys

No Moore? Can't imagine he doesn't make it.

He probably does. I'm just not a big fan of a guy that has been in the league for 4 years and has like 12 career catches. I'd rather take a chance with a guy with more potential like Lockette.
5 is short on DL ... I would think another DL makes it and Cam Johnson doesn't. Also you don't have many STs studs on there and the team is committed to improving STs this year.

This is going to be brutal.
I missed watch the 49ers preseason for two games because I am a busy.. .. I hope, I will watch the 49ers next sunday.. Let's Go 49ers..
Originally posted by Thechad49:
I hope we keep Gray on the 53 even if it means cutting Celek...He looks like a big upside guy..almost like a young Vernon Davis.

100% agree. Gray has some potential. He's more athletic and doesnt go down as easy. not sure who has the better hands. Celek has peaked and is nothing more than a serviceable backup.
Share 49ersWebzone