LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 127 users in the forums

Who will be our 3rd CB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will be our 3rd CB?

Who do you think is winning the battle to be our 3rd CB? After 2 games I have to say that I have been most impressed with Perrish Cox with Nnamdi coming in 2nd. and Tramaine bring up the rear. This is just my opinion after watching the games. I think the race is too close to call but will learn more next Sunday. How would you list them? Go Niners!!!
My vote goes to Cox, even though the team will probably choose Brock or Aso.

Cox has been making a fool out of all these 2nd and 3rd stringers. Dude is straight ballin'.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Cox has been making a fool out of all these 2nd and 3rd stringers. Dude is straight ballin'.

Agreed. Reading the Matts blogs it seems like Fangio has already set his mind on Brock.I think both Cox and Nnamdi have out played him in the games. Only time will tell.
I'm looking at Aso and Cox as punt returner/KO returner
Originally posted by greywolf447:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Agreed. Reading the Matts blogs it seems like Fangio has already set his mind on Brock.I think both Cox and Nnamdi have out played him in the games. Only time will tell.

I'm not going to even try to guess. I'm not a fan of Brock but then again I wasn't a fan of Brown when he became a starter. Shows what I know
I'm really liking Nnamdi so far. Hell or entire secondary has looked good this preseason. It's just preseason but still, it's nice to see. Nnamdi looks closer to his Oakland self than his Philly self, locking down receivers and making QBs think twice before throwing it his direction.
They're all playing tough but Cox looks like he can't be denied. Nnamdi shuts the receiver down at the line. Anyone cut will be picked up immediately.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I would like to say Nnamdi but he's getting most of his reps at Right corner.. Left corner is where Culliver's vacancy is at in our nickel packages.
According to Maiocco, Brock is still the front runner. I know we don't get to see what happens in practices but both Nnamdi and Cox have out played him. Fangio knows best and will roll with whoever he picks.
According to Maiocco, Brock is still the front runner. I know we don't get to see what happens in practices but both Nnamdi and Cox have out played him. Fangio knows best and will roll with whoever he picks.

Why? I'm not trying to question Fangio's football evaluation skills, but we as fans have not seen anything from Tremaine Brock this or last season. I also never hear anything about him. Is he really playing that well?

Even if they don't win the 3rd spot, Aso and Cox will still make the team most likely, right?
I can see brock coming in to cover slot as the 3rd corner if they deem Carlos not worthy of that anymore.....probably will see nnamdi come in f
Originally posted by Kronos2560:

Why? I'm not trying to question Fangio's football evaluation skills, but we as fans have not seen anything from Tremaine Brock this or last season. I also never hear anything about him. Is he really playing that well?

Players can improve. Happens all the time in the NFL. Brock is young and ascending going into his 4th season. Coaches watch the tape and see every practice. Saying cox and Namdi are outplaying him doesn't actually mean much without evidence to support it.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Just as I thought. I refuse to believe Nnamdi would be happy as a dime back and most dime backs play special teams. Something has to give.
Aso is getting my vote easily so far, but Cox should get a little rotation in if he keeps impressing. I guess Brock isn't as horrible as most thought, but even with the loss of Culliver, I think we still have a solid group of CBs to fight through. Brown and Rogers at RCB and LCB (mixing in Aso at either spot), and when in Nickel, slide Brown inside to the slot.
Share 49ersWebzone