There are 214 users in the forums

Mike Purcell thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Purcell is making a strong case to make this roster. Really strong.

who would he bump out of the roster to make it?
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
My best guess is Baalke is going to trade one of the D-linemen in the nest couple of weeks.

This-besides TE (was has already happened), there have been speculation that the niners are going to end up trading someone rather than waiving and getting nothing in return.

This shows Jim T. ability to coach the DL players.
Originally posted by kazak13:
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Purcell is making a strong case to make this roster. Really strong.

who would he bump out of the roster to make it?

I cannot say how he is doing in training camp, but in pre-Purcell seems to be doing more than TJE.
Originally posted by mattster03:
He has come a loooong ways in a year

Is it really surprising-usually it takes 3 years for an undrafted or late rounder to show he belongs. Just like a QB, providing you have good coaches. The same and be said of what has happened with our DB, of course the player still has to have an untapped potential or be what I would call a croaching tiger within himself.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If Mike Purcell doesn't or cannot make the 53 man roster, then I officially don't know s**t about football and my San Francisco 49ers.

Politics .

Hopefully he stays in the regular season rotation. Dude is playing like a pro bowler.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Who does Purcell have to beat out to make the squad? Dorsey?

TJE. That and the numbers game.

TJE and Okoye followed very distantly by Kaleb Ramsey. Purcell is way out front, then Okoye, then TJE then Ramsey. It's just a matter of if we keep 6 or 7. If we keep 7 Purcell is probably the guy.
Originally posted by WildBill:
I cannot say how he is doing in training camp, but in pre-Purcell seems to be doing more than TJE.

yeah seems logical that it be TJE.. unless someone else gets injured.. or maybe Dorsey?
Originally posted by kazak13:
Originally posted by WildBill:

yeah seems logical that it be TJE.. unless someone else gets injured.. or maybe Dorsey?

Dorsey is to versatile.
dorsey could be starting de and he could easily be starting nt but we are going with williams. dorsey is going nowhere guys
Purcell #4 on NFL Total Access top 10 plays of preseason week 2.

TJE has peaked already. He's dependable and won't make many mistakes but he's not particularly good at any one thing. If there's one spot left and it comes down to TJE or Purcell it should absolutely be Purcell at this point. TJE would make a solid rotational player somewhere else though.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Who does Purcell have to beat out to make the squad? Dorsey?

TJE. That and the numbers game.

TJE and Okoye followed very distantly by Kaleb Ramsey. Purcell is way out front, then Okoye, then TJE then Ramsey. It's just a matter of if we keep 6 or 7. If we keep 7 Purcell is probably the guy.

That's exactly how I see it. Coaches may like TJE over both but upside with Purcell and Okoye is through the roof...and cheaper.
We plan on using a deep d-line rotation from now on, so I think we're definitely keeping 7 lineman this year.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Purcell #4 on NFL Total Access top 10 plays of preseason week 2.

Which Cowboy Giants or Jets plays were better?
Originally posted by SofaKing:
We plan on using a deep d-line rotation from now on, so I think we're definitely keeping 7 lineman this year.

That's what I have too.
Share 49ersWebzone