LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Mike Purcell thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Purcell is going to be a monster, this guy has shown a lot in the little time he's played,

If we do lose Williams, i'd feel confident enough in Purcell.

This.

Should win much bowls of super.

Lol, is that you Buzzb?
busted
Ryan Sakamoto ‏@SakamotoRyan 14s15 seconds ago

#49ers GM Trent Baalke said that NT Mike Purcell played 'out of position' last year at defensive end (4-tech).
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

#49ers GM Trent Baalke said that NT Mike Purcell played 'out of position' last year at defensive end (4-tech).

Thanks to the injuries. He should be a true NT this year.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Dude really gets a good start off the ball. I just worry that he is specifically a one-gapper good against short-yardage only.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Dude really gets a good start off the ball. I just worry that he is specifically a one-gapper good against short-yardage only.

True!
With the switching Tank to 1-gapper and having Purcell along with being thin at ILB...wonder if we will run a lot of 4 down fronts.
For some reason....I see this guy as being a good guard. He seems to be quick off the snap and to get into a guys pads, and he's shorter, and can get lower, which lends more to being a guard. They brought in Alex Balducii to be an OL, who was a DT in college, but I think Purcell is a more explosive athlete.

I don't know if he fits the 3-4 defense. Doesn't quite have the size/range of DE, and not sure that he has the stoutness at POA to be a NT.
[ Edited by Trath44 on May 21, 2016 at 8:36 AM ]
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran

i doubt they keep 3 nt's, purcell is getting cut unless dorsey or williams cant come back from their injuries
no chance Purcell is cut.
Originally posted by Trath44:
For some reason....I see this guy as being a good guard. He seems to be quick off the snap and to get into a guys pads, and he's shorter, and can get lower, which lends more to being a guard. They brought in Alex Balducii to be an OL, who was a DT in college, but I think Purcell is a more explosive athlete.

I don't know if he fits the 3-4 defense. Doesn't quite have the size/range of DE, and not sure that he has the stoutness at POA to be a NT.

Hes a NT who can serve a good role as backup/rotational DE.

• FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JohnMatrix:
no chance Purcell is cut.

its a numbers game, hes the odd man out
Dorsey gets cut before Purcell.
Originally posted by JohnMatrix:
Dorsey gets cut before Purcell.

Agreed. Dorsey will start the year on I.R.

RDE: DeForest Bucker; Ronald Blair
NT: Quinton Dial; Mike Purcell
LDE: Arik Armstead: Demetrius Cherry
so is purcell a NT?
Purcell is best fit at NT.
Share 49ersWebzone