LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Mike Purcell thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Has he even played one down??

nope...not sure if he's active on game days

He hasn't been active on gameday yet this season. I think with the lack of production the current guys are displaying, he should definitely get a shot. Put a spark in the group.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

He hasn't been active on gameday yet this season. I think with the lack of production the current guys are displaying, he should definitely get a shot. Put a spark in the group.

he's a NT though...Williams has been pretty good this year.

give AA and Tank more snaps and get TJE off the field.
Yea Williams been the best d line man. I really don't see Purcell doing much. Just a fringe player
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Now you see why players retired or left via free agency, you do not get rewarded for being a good player here.

This team is all about relationships!

Look at what Pears relationship with Tomsula got him (Starting job), look what Baalke's relationship with Jed got him (Ultimate Power). Also, look at what Harbaugh's lack of relationship with Jed/Baalke got him.

ok,, for the millionth time, in my opinion, there is no connection to the retirements and who the coach or owner is. i just think your whole theory is way off

Ok, this is how I see it;

Willis foot had been a problem for years yet he never quit on Harbaugh. Anthony Davis was dealing with the concussion's as well as other health issues prior to this year but he never quit on Harbaugh. Chris Boreland was clear that he was done with football, but he wasn't as clear the year before when he "Balled out" playing for Harbaugh. Frank Gore never thought about leaving when he was being coached by Harbaugh.

I can go on and on with this, just my opinion so let's just agree to disagree.

Well Mike Purcell earned it on the field during the preseason.

Yet he doesn't have the relationship with his former position coach to get on the field.

This sucks!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Like I said, maybe Sharece was right when he said IT'S POLITICS!!

The same reason why our starting ILB was let go, the guy was having an awesome camp, and had a couple of bad pre-season games, and he was let go after voicing out his displeasure when his buddy Dockett was released...

or, better yet, we drafted this guy (LB) to be a force in special team at the very least.. then we sign an average special team player from the JETS and suddenly, our own investment was let go.. only after his 3rd year...

what kinda development system do we have???
[ Edited by 9moon on Oct 16, 2015 at 5:19 PM ]
Originally posted by 9moon:
Like I said, maybe Sharece was right when he said IT'S POLITICS!!

The same reason why our starting ILB was let go, the guy was having an awesome camp, and had a couple of bad pre-season games, and he was let go after voicing out his displeasure when his buddy Dockett was released...

or, better yet, we drafted this guy (LB) to be a force in special team at the very least.. then we sign an average special team player from the JETS and suddenly, our own investment was let go.. only after his 3rd year...

what kinda development system do we have???

I don't know if have finally decided to become a serious poster..but if you have..then yes I agree that it seems like our coaches do let politics get in the way..

and my example is how we limit Jarryd Haynes playing time.... yet force the issue with White as a KR when he would make many mental mistakes.

Hayne should be our PR, KR, and our backup RB....and actually used that way.... and Ellington should be used more as a receiver.

I personally think our SP coach has a thing against Hayne....some people are just weird like that...Hayne is just like the pretty girl some want to hate because she is pretty.... I mean do yall remember when Blame Gabbert brushed off Hayne for no f**king reason? s**t was weird.

EDIT- that all being said, Sharrese Wright was playing like garbage, and was outplayed by Aker, Johnson, and Reaser.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 16, 2015 at 5:45 PM ]
Thought he looked really good, was wreaking havoc to the pocket.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Thought he looked really good, was wreaking havoc to the pocket.

Agree and he'll improve by great measure w/more real game experience.

Another reason I have zero faith in JT.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
bout time this guy gets some PT. He was dominating in preseason, then poof, disappears because the idiot coaches don't know who wants to play and who doesn't.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
bout time this guy gets some PT. He was dominating in preseason, then poof, disappears because the idiot coaches don't know who wants to play and who doesn't.

total agree...this guy makes an impact when he has been given the chance...would have liked to see more of this guy in the beginning of the season...
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Yup. Should of gotten more reps from the start.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
hopefully him and Armstead continue to get reps...

Armstead is sore.
You're up

Purcell is going to be a monster, this guy has shown a lot in the little time he's played,

If we do lose Williams, i'd feel confident enough in Purcell.
Share 49ersWebzone