LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

Mike Purcell thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by thl408:
A DL's dream come true. Can he play fullback?

Shades of Sopoaga!

The new Fridge
Gonna make the team and get a huge Forced Fumble game changing hit on Lynch this year. #bookit
Originally posted by Nuns:
I like how Armstead (and blitzing lb) make the QB dump the ball and then AA comes back to make a block on the Oline chasing Purcell. Great play.

but but AA is a bum I thought
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Nuns:
I like how Armstead (and blitzing lb) make the QB dump the ball and then AA comes back to make a block on the Oline chasing Purcell. Great play.

but but AA is a bum I thought

He is. When I picked up the paper the next day, he had no sacks. I also saw him get pushed back once when I briefly had the game on between "Adventure Time" commercial breaks. He sucks, where was he last year when the Oregon game was on for a couple of seconds so I could impress my visiting friend with my college football viewing.
Originally posted by Geeked:
He is. When I picked up the paper the next day, he had no sacks. I also saw him get pushed back once when I briefly had the game on between "Adventure Time" commercial breaks. He sucks, where was he last year when the Oregon game was on for a couple of seconds so I could impress my visiting friend with my college football viewing.

Chris Biderman ‏@ChrisBiderman 54m54 minutes ago

One more small note included in that last link, NT Mike Purcell got some time at LDE in nickel today.

how did big Mike look yesterday?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Could have done better.

Still learning, still needs to get stronger and has TREMENDOUS upside!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Could have done better.

He looked like he can be waived to the practice squad, like his career peaked last week! Lol, I like the kid, and he does have great potential, but he was not impressive last night, going against the scrubs.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Could have done better.

He looked like he can be waived to the practice squad, like his career peaked last week! Lol, I like the kid, and he does have great potential, but he was not impressive last night, going against the scrubs.

I could say that about most of the D-linemen last night

It looks like he is going to make the cut. Actually, it would be a surprise if he did not. If for nothing else, just the last few years injury history at NT.
Really excited for this kid. He learned a lot in-game last year and made the big jump. I love seeing players develop. I'm sure JT is STOKED for him, no doubt.
Even tho it was PS, when somebody is beating someone else's brains out, and not just once, or in one game , but repeatedly, it probably means he is a keeper. The guy was in the spotlight a number of times...and even tho PS, he stood way out. You just don't get rid of talent like that. Besides, he HAS to be a favorite of HC JT.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
It looks like he is going to make the cut. Actually, it would be a surprise if he did not. If for nothing else, just the last few years injury history at NT.

With Dockett being released, it seems a lock. Glad they are going with youth over Dockett.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

With Dockett being released, it seems a lock. Glad they are going with youth over Dockett.

Purcell simply outplayed Dockett. Didn't see it coming, but it happens. Glad they made the right choice.
Share 49ersWebzone