There are 182 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which QB should be cut?

Which QB should be cut?

I don't think Tolzien has much to offer this team. We need a presense at qb that can help make our receivers better. And thank God Kap has that gift. BJ has some definite talent too that you can't overlook. I like how he took a couple of sacks and continued to stand in the pocket and fire strikes. His confidence didn't get shaken. I wouldn't put him at punt returner. I would develop him to back up Kap
Whoever threw that0 pick to smith.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Redundant poll
the expert has spoken

/thread
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I don't think Tolzien has much to offer this team. We need a presense at qb that can help make our receivers better. And thank God Kap has that gift. BJ has some definite talent too that you can't overlook. I like how he took a couple of sacks and continued to stand in the pocket and fire strikes. His confidence didn't get shaken. I wouldn't put him at punt returner. I would develop him to back up Kap

I think BJ and Tolzien should battle it out in the 4th game. I'm confident that BJ will do much better.
I think Tolzen has held that roster spot as long as he could....
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
tolzien has the smallest bag of tricks to use to win a regular-season game.
I swear one of my biggest question last year was how Tolzien was able to secure the number 2 spot over Johnson
I swear one of my biggest question last year was how Tolzien was able to secure the number 2 spot over Johnson

He never had the #2 spot last year

Uhmm.....you mean the #3 spot? That was easy, Tolzien was younger and cheaper, simple as that. Now this year he's going to get beat out by someone who is younger and also pretty cheap.
McCoy has played on the big stage, he can maneuver in the pocket. Tolzien will need a miracle. Daniels? Wait and see.
Cut this guy, he's our pre-season superstar.

Originally posted by Psinex:
Cut this guy, he's our pre-season superstar.

http://www.govenom.com/the-venom/roster?season=4&option=com_gridiron&view=player&id=608

Strong statline is strong indeed.

Davis finished 23-for-38 with 217 yards, seven touchdowns and two interceptions. He said he was pleased with the win but still knows there are aspects of the game the team can improve before the championship game.

"We'll go back (Sunday), watch film, come out here and practice and fix our mistakes," Davis said.

http://amarillo.com/sports/local-pro-sports/2013-07-06/venom-crush-abilene-70-42-advance-title-game
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 17, 2013 at 6:53 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
None, its Preseason not all back ups know their jobs like the starters do, I think you guys need to relax with the axe.

We'd be in the Superbowl for sure if we could keep all 90, but the axe is an inevitable reality.

Make room as soon as you have your answer and maybe you can bring another FA in to evaluate.
Both Tolzien and McCoy are pretty bad. Splitting hairs picking one.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
You guys act like Tolzien hasn't played good before. But whatever I'm tired of arguing about the back up, I could careless already who's behind Kaepernick. You people can have at it, I'll be concern about more important things like NT or the #2 WR.

Peace.