My full comprehensive players-to-watch analysis:
(player helped himself towards the 53
); only for bubble players (not lock-players)
Scott Tolzien, Colt McCoy, BJ Daniels
- Tolzien, fumbled snap inside the 5. McCoy good scrambles. Roughing the passer on Tolzien. Chiefs in backfield ALL day long (affected RB's as well). T = horrible 4th down throw. McCoy INT. Three passes by two QB's and both short, inside. low. Were they working on inside shoulder passes? Wrong route run? Bad passes in general? Great 3rd down completion to Hall by T. T looked good on 2 minute drill until lots of pressure/hits. Collective, 28 yards passing in the first half. Enough said! Daniels obviously had a nice game!
RB: Jewel Hampton
, D.J. Harper, Anthony Dixon - Hampton nice reception/gain; not much room even behind the 1st string OL all game. Did about all he could
from my perspective (swimming upstream all game). Gained good yards when there was any semblance of a hole; epic 10 yarder, low, full spin moves, etc. Shifty Gore-like. May be a better pure runner over James; playing coming off injury. Harper = meh.
Jason Scheplar, Anthony Dixon - according to the commentators, Jason got a sack! LOL (it was Stupar). Dixon played more FB today. No missed blocks this time. Not many chances for Jason but physical in the open field blocking.
Ricardo Lockette, Chuck Jacobs
, Chad Hall
- Hall, nice effort to get the P.I. Jacobs has nice speed and runs nice routes (couple nice catches plus the winning TD).
Chad Hall - Pass badly thrown behind him (Tolzien) . Another nice 19 yarder from the slot (McCoy).
Kassim Osgood, Lavelle Hawkins
, Austin Collie
, Chad Hall - Hall overthrown but open for a TD from CK. Catches everything. Excellent long 21 yard reception on 3rd down in traffic. Not much but Collie still catches balls thrown his way. Hawkins (same notes).
Jenkins - lined up again at all 3 spots; all intermediate to deep routes. You know the results.
Garrett Celek, MarQueis Gray
- Celek had a chance on 3rd down (INC) then runs short of the marker by two yards the next route (makes catch); leads to loss of yardage and punt. Gray played a true H-back today and looked really good.
Kenny Wiggins, Carter Bykowski - meh
Patrick Omameh - Patrick badly bull rushed for 2-minute drive/hit on Tolzien. Played better 2nd half.
Al Netter, Wayne Tribune - Netter blows. Period.
Joe Looney - played better than some were saying on here; bad holding penalty though.
RDE: Demarcus Dobbs
, Tony Jerod-Eddie - Dobbs did nice work to free others (like Aldon last pre season) but stupid PF call (dude isn't very smart). TJE = roughing the passer
Will Tukuafu - no notes
NT: Glenn Dorsey
, Lamar Divens
, Mike Purcell - Nice upfield push inside on 4th down but RB spun off him for the 1st down. Good game Mike (even a knocked down pass). Divens did well pushing up field and even rushed a couple throws; disruptive with the QB and forcing RB's to take an extra step around him; helped forced a big 5 yard TFL in the RZ on 4th down. Watch the 11:25 mark of 4Q. He actually throws #75 10 yards in the backfield and Skuta cleans up the tackle!
WILL: Parys Haralson
, Cameron Johnson
- One sack each and Johnson had the big 4Q/th Down sack at end of game. Cam, nice outside, inside pressure on QB (off Dobbs) and lead to punt; nice consistent pressures.
SAM: Corey Lemonier
, Dan Skuta
- Pressure from both all game; half sack.
MIKE: Michael Wilhoite
, Nick Moody
- MW with good inside pass rush pressure = INC; got caught on a big screen pass though for 17. Moody excellent game as well; great inside pass rush as well. We have keepers with these two! Amazing pass breakup by MW.
TED: Nathan Stupar
- Sack. Nice stop/TFL. Lots of tackles. Nicely timed sack and knock down pass at the LOS.
LCB: Marcus Cooper
- Cooper again, looked disciplined (mature) and physical. PS: Nnamdi looked very good with the starters.
SLOT: Perrish Cox
, Daryl Morris - Cox nice tackles and timed sack; I don't think Morris played in the field.
Tramaine Brock, Perrish Cox - Cox had a nice disguised blitz here off the OLB edge. Good tackle in the RZ by Brock.
C.J. Spillman, Trenton Robinson, Michael Thomas, Darcel McBath - Spillman, nice deep coverage on TD look. Robinson OK game.
SS: Craig Dahl
- Dahl started and looked fine; late on 3rd down conversion in coverage; excellent speed/read on sideline tackle.
Morris, Osgood, Lockette, Dahl, Skuta, Dixon, Brock, Robinson, Moody, Spillman, Johnson, Cox, Wilhoite, et al - Horrendous. Looks like crashers continue to get there but the 2nd wave guys were all blocked out (couple holdings too). Skuta/Wilhoite made a few tackles. Typical 1st guys down (Morris, Lockette, Osgood, etc.) but continue to missed that 1st chance tackle often. Nice blocked punt by an unblocked Haralson.
PK: Phil Dawson
- Perfect, including kickoffs into the EZ (far corner for easier coverage too).
Colton Schmidt - Is Andy OK? Schmidt, nice punt.
Kevin McDermott - Only saw Jennings and looked fine.
LaMichael James, Chad Hall, Perrish Cox - James diving catch (no wind) and fair catch inside the 10 (arg); called it off the next time (good). Meh-performance overall for all.
- 9 points through the end of 4Q? Staring front 7 was mauling their OL and pushing them back 7 yards constantly (good pressure too). Time to talk about a change with the ST coach? Pass blocking poor even with first stringers. Lots of 3rd and longs. Again. Still can't get an off-Tackle run (usually loss of yards); 1st unit getting pushed backwards. 10 penalties. Poor game plans for positions we need answers too esp. WR. Did we learn anything new from last week? Nice blitzes Fangio (7 sacks)! Finally, a CB/FS
and MLB blitz! PS: James ran much better inside the G's today (minus the butt tackle).
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 17, 2013 at 7:10 PM ]