LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Winners and Losers from Preseason Game 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For me,

Winners: BJ Daniels, Haralson, Cox, Lemonier, Nnamdi, Reid, Chuck Jacobs, Chad Hall, Marqueis Gray, Phil Dawson

Losers: Backup offensive line, Colt McCoy, Scott Tolzien

Neutral: AJ Jenkins (he made a good catch today but stupid holding call brought it back)
[ Edited by 49ersss on Aug 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM ]
Winner - cb and olb depth.

Loser - Me for sitting through the last two preseason games. Tolzien playing qb makes my eyes bleed.
Winners -- BJ Daniels, Perrish Cox, Chuck Jacobs, Chad Hall, defensive front 7

Losers -- Colt McCoy, Scott Tolzien, backup O-line AGAIN
Winners:
Michael Wilhoite, Nick Moody (10 tackles) seem like 3 and 4 ILB locks Stupar did better and maybe played himself on to PS
Phil Dawson. 5/6 in the 2 games with 2 55 yarders tonight
Perrish Cox - 2 sacks and more good coverage, guy is a lock
BJ Daniels - Will be really hard to cut him. Too much versatility and potential
Chuck Jacobs - At worst should make PS and fight for roster spot next year
Dobbs and Tukuafu - Every game Dial/Carradine are out they have better shot at both making the roster. Seems like PUP for them.
Lemonier/Haralson - Another good showing and of course are #3 and 4 OLB locks.
CB Depth and Defense Overall - 2 games and have given up 3 points and 6 points (one drive starting at our 30). 7 for O,7 for ST

Losers:
Most of 2nd String Offense, Snyder and Kilgore might be only 2nd string OL to make team. Maybe Looney.
McCoy, Tolzien - Went against 2 solid defenses and KC kept 1st string d in whole half but just not getting it done.
Hampton - Guy looked like he got fat during last season when he was hurt. It's a shame because liked his college game film.
Lockette - Guy hasn't had many chances but seems to be slipping as everyone catches passes around him. Doesn't have luxury of being 1st round pick. On that note seems like Jenkins will make the roster but will spend season as probably #5 or 6 and we try again next offseason.

Did anyone key in on Celek and then Gray? Didn't key in but wasn't happy with Celeks blocking these past two games from the little I saw him.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 16, 2013 at 9:45 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Did anyone key in on Celek and then Gray? Didn't key in but wasn't happy with Celeks blocking these past two games from the little I saw him.

Gray seemed to have a good outing... wouldn't be surprised if we kept 4 TEs and only 7 OL...
Winners-BJ Daniels, Chuck Jacobs, Chad Hall, Nick Moody, Corey Lemonier, Perrish Cox, Parys Haralson, Phil Dawson('miring 2-2 from 55)

Losers-Jewel Hampton, Scott Tolzien, AJ Jenkins, Kassim Osgood, Backup OL.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Gray seemed to have a good outing... wouldn't be surprised if we kept 4 TEs and only 7 OL...

I agree on Celeks blocking, he was out against the one's but it was pretty ugly.
Haralson will see plenty of PT this season. Cox appears to be a star in the making, he has swag. Jenkins is getting closer to the edge.
Loved the timed blitz by Reid!
Don't curr....my schoolbus is mah limo....sasasasahhhh

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by natrone06:
Winner - cb and olb depth.

Loser - Me for sitting through the last two preseason games. Tolzien playing qb makes my eyes bleed.

oddly, based on what he's shown so far, tolz seems to have regressed.
Winners....Not having AS anymore
Originally posted by xcfan:
oddly, based on what he's shown so far, tolz seems to have regressed.

This. He looks like an undrafted rookie, not a guy who is getting ready to start his 3rd season with this team.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Winners -- BJ Daniels, Perrish Cox, Chuck Jacobs, Chad Hall, defensive front 7

Losers -- Colt McCoy, Scott Tolzien, backup O-line AGAIN

i don't have faith that slight jacobs can make plays against #1's.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Winners....Not having AS anymore

to be fair, he did hit the check-downs pretty consistently, they just didn't catch them... oh wait
Share 49ersWebzone