There are 161 users in the forums

Preseason Watch The Backup QB Position (W/POLL UPDATED)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Preseason Watch The Backup QB Position (W/POLL UPDATED)

• cciowa
  • Veteran
the only thing that is known for sure,,, I think, is that scott the wonderboy will not make this team. wow, the last of the favored sons leaves after walker and jenkins heck even wallace in his small body of work threw two nice balls
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:
the only thing that is known for sure,,, I think, is that scott the wonderboy will not make this team. wow, the last of the favored sons leaves after walker and jenkins heck even wallace in his small body of work threw two nice balls

LGK really regressed this season. this injury will get him cut.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

LGK really regressed this season. this injury will get him cut.
wonder if the decision on who stays and who goes has already been made or do you think it all boils down to the last pre season game? they all should get lots of action
So then its settled BJ will be #2
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1) Kaep

2) BJ Daniels
3) Seneca Wallace

Yeah this is also my gut feeling.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giggidy:
1) Kaep

2) BJ Daniels
3) Seneca Wallace

colt was not tragically bad tonight and did some nice things.. do you not think we have to see wallace in a larger body of work vs the chargers before we can give him the job? do not misunderstand as i am not saying that in a smarty pants way
1. Kap
2. Wallace
3. BJ Daniels

That's my final answer! Lol
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
So then its settled BJ will be #2

What's settled? Because he lit up a bunch of guys who won't be in the NFL in a week? Half the guys Daniels played against last week were cut by the Chiefs today. He's promising, and has a lot of potential, but people are getting carried away with this #2 QB nonsense. If you're a Superbowl contender, you don't put a 7th round pick who has never taken a single NFL snap as your top backup.
Daniels will make the squad as the third stringer. McCoy is second per coach. Tolzine or Wallace can make the squad if they put Daniels at a different position.
Mccoy in a regular season game with noise will not lead us deep into the playoffs. Seneca is signed .

With all NFL teams headhunting the WildKap and Kap himself, it is exigent that we get a legit number two.

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Mccoy in a regular season game with noise will not lead us deep into the playoffs. Seneca is signed .

With all NFL teams headhunting the WildKap and Kap himself, it is exigent that we get a legit number two.

No backup will lead us deep into the playoffs.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giggidy:
1) Kaep

2) BJ Daniels
3) Seneca Wallace

colt was not tragically bad tonight and did some nice things.. do you not think we have to see wallace in a larger body of work vs the chargers before we can give him the job? do not misunderstand as i am not saying that in a smarty pants way

I agree. I really hope this McCoy confirmed as Kap's back-up story is only a smoke screen. Wallace did make a couple of nice throws and I would like to see more. My list would be Kap, Wallace and BJ if Wallace shows he can ball in the next game. But, is hard to imagine Harbaugh would go so far to say McCoy is the back-up in order to get some teams to bite and to raise his trade value. I don't know, I just don't know, man. If McCoy really ends up as #2, it would be the second biggest mistake after Jenkins. Who knows ? May be they are trying to buy time for trade interests to develop, be it before the start of the season or even during the season. I am quite sure someone will need QBs this year, they are all over the place.
Daniels has the quickness to run effectively, which matches CK. That would allow the game plan to stay the same if CK needs to leave a game. McCoy wasn't terrible but he doesn't really look like a veteran...and Tolzien is surprising me by being much less than I expected. Wallace is an unknown so far so don't know about him. The fact that Daniels is a rookie worries me, but he can also help coming in on ST, if necessary, and as a change of pace back or WR.
BJ Daniels looks like Russel Wilson in Niners jersey. Referring to appearance, not game play. His ceiling is higher than Tolzien's and McCoy's by far. I only wish tht Tolzien showed more potential during games soo that he could have possibly been trade bait
Tolzien DONE

Updating poll choices.
Share 49ersWebzone