There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bad at Scouting/Evaluating WR's?

Bump
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
5280, not to be cantankerous, but I will put money on Vance for 25 catches...maybe more. A lot will depend on VD being doubled, same for Boldin, but somebody has got to be singled, and this yr, that makes us dangerous. Also depends in spread set, just how many guys are lining up to catch a pass. My dream?

Boldin Patton Vance Vernon Baldwin. That is a set I would love to see half or more of every game. And it all depends on who gets doubled and who doesn't.

As for a hx of drafting bad WRs, Crabs made up for a lot of bad with Rashuan...but that was a long time back...yet it still hurts.

crabs was a consensus best receiver in the draft tho, raiders were stupid enough to gift wrap him for us. besides crabs they havent drafted receivers well at all. last true #1 we had was T.O. before crabs. i think it falls back on coaching, all those guys we took couldnt all be bad. whenever we bring in a guy from outside like isaac bruce, jackson, moss or any of the other decent receivers weve brought in, even if they were a little old, seemed to underachieve here. qb is a factor too but i think the coaching or scheming for WRs is just not that good.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
5280, not to be cantankerous, but I will put money on Vance for 25 catches...maybe more. A lot will depend on VD being doubled, same for Boldin, but somebody has got to be singled, and this yr, that makes us dangerous. Also depends in spread set, just how many guys are lining up to catch a pass. My dream?

Boldin Patton Vance Vernon Baldwin. That is a set I would love to see half or more of every game. And it all depends on who gets doubled and who doesn't.

As for a hx of drafting bad WRs, Crabs made up for a lot of bad with Rashuan...but that was a long time back...yet it still hurts.

crabs was a consensus best receiver in the draft tho, raiders were stupid enough to gift wrap him for us. besides crabs they havent drafted receivers well at all. last true #1 we had was T.O. before crabs. i think it falls back on coaching, all those guys we took couldnt all be bad. whenever we bring in a guy from outside like isaac bruce, jackson, moss or any of the other decent receivers weve brought in, even if they were a little old, seemed to underachieve here. qb is a factor too but i think the coaching or scheming for WRs is just not that good.

Might have something to do with us having a run first mentality all these years. The previous regime loved Josh Morgan because he blocked so well but it seemed like Jim was finally starting to get some decent production out of him before his injury and then when he healed the Redskins snatched him up as a free agent with a sizeable contract