There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

First trip to San Fran, going to the Vikings game.

East coast long time Niner fan and I am going to be in San Fran for the first time from the 24th – 29th. I got tickets for the game against the Vikings on the 14 in the lower reserve sideline on the home team side. It's a business trip, so I am going to the game alone. Is it a friendly crowd?

Very stoked that I get to go to the legendary Candle Stick Park before they tear it down. Sorry if I should have posted this in an existing topic, please merge if that is the case.
of course it's a friendly crowd. unless you're being loud. then they shhh you
Crowd is fine (minus expected bad language from some idiots) especially if you are wearing red. Enjoy the time...
Thanks, I'll be wearing my Willis home jersey, hope to meet some of you.
You have great seats and the crowd will be fine. Check the Parking Lot here in the forum for tailgating info.
Probably taking a cab. My hotel is about 10 miles from the Stick.
Originally posted by Kappadonna:
Probably taking a cab. My hotel is about 10 miles from the Stick.

you dead
Originally posted by RonMexico:
you dead

Will traffic be that bad? Should I take the BART?
  • Chico
  • Veteran
game's at 5pm...get there a couple hours early to walk around, tailgate, check out the scenery. I'll be there for awhile since it's just a preseason game. it's my first ever preseason game and should be fun.
nvm
[ Edited by 16to87 on Aug 13, 2013 at 5:15 AM ]
Make sure you coordinate IN ADVANCE AND TRIPLE CHECK IT with the taxi to pick you up after the game. You do not want to be stuck at the Stick at night.

DO NOT think of walking around within 5 miles of the stick, especially "Hunters Point" which is extremely dangerous.

Do those things and you will be free to have a blast!
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Make sure you coordinate IN ADVANCE AND TRIPLE CHECK IT with the taxi to pick you up after the game. You do not want to be stuck at the Stick at night.

DO NOT think of walking around within 5 miles of the stick, especially "Hunters Point" which is extremely dangerous.

Do those things and you will be free to have a blast!

its not extremely dangerous. Everyone walks down the main neighborhood street..(only way out on the north side of the stadium)
you dead

You're fine. Lol, I'm from SF. The area Candlestick resides is a bad neighborhood, but if you're in a Niner jersey then you're totally fine and surrounded by your peers. If your hotel is 10 miles away from the stick, then it should be in a better area of town. I think you are going to enjoy your trip.
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
you dead

You're fine. Lol, I'm from SF. The area Candlestick resides is a bad neighborhood, but if you're in a Niner jersey then you're totally fine and surrounded by your peers. If your hotel is 10 miles away from the stick, then it should be in a better area of town. I think you are going to enjoy your trip.

Also traffic is kind of bad, but its mostly if you're trying to find parking. I've never cabbed there before, because I usually take the bus. I would start looking at alternatives for traveling to the game, but I really don't think cabbing will be such a bad idea.
Take Bart to Balboa Park Station, then connect to Muni. This is the fastest easiest , cheapest, safest way in and out of the stick . Here are the links. Tons of locals do this. enjoy

http://www.bart.gov/stations/index.aspx

http://www.sfmta.com/maps/49ers-football-service
[ Edited by 16to87 on Aug 13, 2013 at 2:44 PM ]