LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 399 users in the forums

Who is your breakout player this year not named CK7 and what are your projections?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is your breakout player this year not named CK7 and what are your projections?

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I am going to say Eric Reid wins ROTY. 5 int, 3 forced fumbles and 78 tackles.

I like this one
All of the Above.
The Cox will rise and come again!!
What a great list of guys! For a strong, really set team, to have so many guys who may step up and make a difference is really unusual. So I am picking the guys who have a legitimate and likely chance to start:

Reid
McDonald
I Williams

Then a list of "wouldn't it be great if" guys:

Jenkins
Asomugha
James (RB and KR)
Since I don't know anyone called "CK7" I'm going to go ahead and say Kaepernick.
Nnamdi
Originally posted by valrod33:
Aj Jenkins
40 catches 800 yards 8 TDs

AJ would be lucky if this were his career totals.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Aj Jenkins

AJ would be lucky if this were his career totals.

agree to disagree
I would love to see some of these guys step up and crack the 53; not only from the rookies, rookie FA's and veteran FA newcomers but also the 2nd year guys (this is their time now).

RB: Jewel Hampton was the MVP up to the first pre season game
FB: Jason Scheplar
WR: X = Marlon Moore/Ricardo Lockette
WR: Y = Quinton Patton/ Autin Collie
WR: Z = Kassim Osgood
TE: Garrett Celek - Note: MarQueis Gray (H-Back) is going to have to show much more but would love if he could block as a pure lead blocker (in case Miller get hurts), catch like a TE and continues to line up all over the field and beat defenders in space. What a weapon he could be.
OG: Joe Looney
C: Daniel Kilgore (Joe Looney)
DE: Demarcus Dobbs - Note: I still think Lawrence Okoye may still have a real shot here as well.
NT: Lamar Divens - true short yardage and goal line plugger
OLB: Corey Lemonier - Note: Cameron Johnson is going to have to show a lot more than he did.
ILB: Michael Wilhoite and Nick Moody
CB: Nnamdi Asomugha, Eric Wright, Perrish Cox and Tramaine Brock; I really LOVE both Marcus Cooper (outside CB) and Darryl Morris (SLOT) and would love if eiher one could crack our 53 but it will be tough.

Special Teams:
LS: Kevin McDermott
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 13, 2013 at 9:25 AM ]
I think Kyle Williams will have a great year.

Balancing vets and undeveloped young talent is tough for a team going for a Super Bowl ... I always look forward to seeing the young guys crack the roster.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Aj Jenkins

This.
Move over I am hopping on board this train of positive vibes, baby.
Lemonier
Originally posted by fropwns:
Move over I am hopping on board this train of positive vibes, baby.

Don't hit AJ Jenkins ever cause he will fumble....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
After watching that first pre-season game, I'm going to have to point out someone not on the list - Lemonier. He could end up as a situational pass rusher similar to the way Aldon was in his first year. It didn't look to me like anyone was quick enough to get a good block on him in his first outing.
Share 49ersWebzone