There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lets Settle This: Who will be the #2 Receiver?

Lets Settle This: Who will be the #2 Receiver?

I see more arguing about A.J. Jenkins than I do about who will actually win the spot, therefore I think its time we have a vote to see what the popular opinion is.
Looking at that there is no way to settle this.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

There are plenty of opinions for any of these to be valid, this will be a fun way of whittling it down a bit.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Kyle Williams until Manningham gets in game shape. I'd like to see Collie make the team as a reliable slot guy. I hope Jenkins or Patton provide depth. Jury is still out on what we'll get from either of those guys.
I'm guessing that the unspoken part of the poll question is: "for opening weekend"?
I think Kyle Williams will start as #2 and be a good contributor. He was starting to really turn it on and click with Kaepernick before going down with his ankle injury. I think Collie and him are relatively interchangeable, though. I think it's a toss up between both with Williams having the edge due to his experience with the playbook.

I think 3 WR sets could include Boldin, Williams, Collie.

I am also rooting big time for Quinton Patton - that kid seems like he wants to be there every waking second. I love it.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Kyle Williams until Manningham gets in game shape. I'd like to see Collie make the team as a reliable slot guy. I hope Jenkins or Patton provide depth. Jury is still out on what we'll get from either of those guys.

Yeah after what I've been looking into. Until Manningham gets healthy, the only real candidates I see battling for the spot right now are Kyle Williams, and Austin Collie.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Totally agree. I like Kyle Williams but at #2? Unfortunately he is by far and away the best option. Hopefully platooning players at that spot will prove to be adequate. We use so many personnel groupings anyway that it shouldn't hold us back but damn. Don't really like our options. Come on Crabs, come on Manningham!! Get healthy asap!!!
Yes, I meant this to be for opening day. Thank you.
[ Edited by Kronos2560 on Aug 12, 2013 at 11:27 AM ]
I think by week 4 of the regular season it will be Collie who establishes himself. Early on i expect to see a healthy rotation between Collie/Moore/Williams.

When manningham comes back sometime after week 6, if close to 100% his old self, he will likely slowly take over that #2 role, and also we will have Patton slowly worked into the rotation once cleared for contact.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Totally agree. I like Kyle Williams but at #2? Unfortunately he is by far and away the best option. Hopefully platooning players at that spot will prove to be adequate. We use so many personnel groupings anyway that it shouldn't hold us back but damn. Don't really like our options. Come on Crabs, come on Manningham!! Get healthy asap!!!

Collie is the best option for the #2 right now. Kyle Williams can't even come close to the production Collie has produced over their careers.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I think by week 4 of the regular season it will be Collie who establishes himself. Early on i expect to see a healthy rotation between Collie/Moore/Williams.

When manningham comes back sometime after week 6, if close to 100% his old self, he will likely slowly take over that #2 role, and also we will have Patton slowly worked into the rotation once cleared for contact.

So what you're saying is that all of our WR's are going to play.... hmmmmm. Interesting.
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Collie is the best option for the #2 right now. Kyle Williams can't even come close to the production Collie has produced over their careers.

Kyle is more established and knows the playbook. So for week 1, you gotta go Kyle. Collie stills needs time to prove he's full go from his own injury, and that he knows the playbook.
all of those options are
settle what? a prediction?