There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Originally posted by darkknight49:


Lol, the cheerleaders clearing out.

And they never removed their hands from their hips lol. Now that's some discipline right there.
So Clay Matthews commited a late hit on a QB, the punched Joe Staley twice and we got flagged? Makes no sense.

Glad to see that Karma paid a little visit to the Packers
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
So Clay Matthews commited a late hit on a QB, the punched Joe Staley twice and we got flagged? Makes no sense.

Glad to see that Karma paid a little visit to the Packers

Yup. If there is ever a time for the refs to not flag a retaliation, that was it. When someone takes a blatant cheap shot at your QB, of course there will be retaliation. Throw the flag on the guy who deserves it, Matthews. But not Staley.

It's one thing if the ref only sees the retaliation and not the instigator. But we all saw what Matthews did. It was a disgusting play. Punish the instigator, not the guy who comes to the defense of his teammate. Staley didn't do anything crazy, just got in Fabio's grill.

Of course the media makes a big deal about the refs mistakenly giving the 49ers a replay of 3rd down. But you know what? They never make that call if Matthews plays clean football. What goes around, comes around.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 8, 2013 at 9:37 PM ]
It's sad all the controversy will cover up how awesome our redzone offense has dramatically improved since forever. -Roman really loves redzone slants, and was calling a play with Boldin identical to one he called in the playoffs using Crabtree.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,333
My number one thought after the game.....Kaepernick is gonna get PAID!!!!

And Boldin should too, I believe he broke the 81 curse!!!

I'm too excited....gonna go and watch the game again!!!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
It's sad all the controversy will cover up how awesome our redzone offense has dramatically improved since forever. -Roman really loves redzone slants, and was calling a play with Boldin identical to one he called in the playoffs using Crabtree.

Yup!! The TD to Boldin was Crab's bread n' butter in the RZ.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
So Clay Matthews commited a late hit on a QB, the punched Joe Staley twice and we got flagged? Makes no sense.

Glad to see that Karma paid a little visit to the Packers

Yup. If there is ever a time for the refs to not flag a retaliation, that was it. When someone takes a blatant cheap shot at your QB, of course there will be retaliation. Throw the flag on the guy who deserves it, Matthews. But not Staley.

It's one thing if the ref only sees the retaliation and not the instigator. But we all saw what Matthews did. It was a disgusting play. Punish the instigator, not the guy who comes to the defense of his teammate. Staley didn't do anything crazy, just got in Fabio's grill.

Of course the media makes a big deal about the refs mistakenly giving the 49ers a replay of 3rd down. But you know what? They never make that call if Matthews plays clean football. What goes around, comes around.

well what gets me is that staley didn't do anything lol he just got up in matthews' face, clay committed the late hit and then punched staley twice. clay shoulda been ejected from the game. but oh well, we won. karma is a b***h.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
My number one thought after the game.....Kaepernick is gonna get PAID!!!!

And Boldin should too, I believe he broke the 81 curse!!!

I'm too excited....gonna go and watch the game again!!!

I didn't even notice what number Boldin was wearin lol. dude just tore the packers up
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
So Clay Matthews commited a late hit on a QB, the punched Joe Staley twice and we got flagged? Makes no sense.

Glad to see that Karma paid a little visit to the Packers

I am still trying to understand this. Why the f- is the media saying the refs mistake gave the 9ers the game? Staley did not do anything, there should have been multiple flags on Clay.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,317
With all the preaching about Player Safety.

Should the NFL suspend/fine Matthews?

Said he would hit Kap prior to game.
Gives cheap hit while Kap was well out of bounds.
Punches Staley in the head multiple times.

Its obvious the first point was premeditated. They wanted to intimidate kap and get in his head by any means necessary.

What do you think?
Originally posted by Garcia:
With all the preaching about Player Safety.

Should the NFL suspend/fine Matthews?

Said he would hit Kap prior to game.
Gives cheap hit while Kap was well out of bounds.
Punches Staley in the head multiple times.

Its obvious the first point was premeditated. They wanted to intimidate kap and get in his head by any means necessary.

What do you think?

I honestly was thinking ejection the second it happened, regardless of what was said during the week. Blatant cheap shot. Kap could have sustained a serious neck injury/concussion. I think he gets fined, but not suspended.

Staley should not have been flagged. He did nothing, just got in his face. Fabio then started throwing punches. That sequence from Fabio was the worst thing I've seen from an NFL player since that one dude knee'd Jerramy Stevens in the groin lol.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
So Clay Matthews commited a late hit on a QB, the punched Joe Staley twice and we got flagged? Makes no sense.

Glad to see that Karma paid a little visit to the Packers

I am still trying to understand this. Why the f- is the media saying the refs mistake gave the 9ers the game? Staley did not do anything, there should have been multiple flags on Clay.

yup, and an ejection
We all knew going into this game that clay mathews was a dirty low down no class steroid eating s**tbag. My biggest concern leaving the game was our lack of run game. But they gave kap pass looks and he burned them. I think the shecawks are in for a rude awakening to how bad their team is,
Originally posted by outside4949:
We all knew going into this game that clay mathews was a dirty low down no class steroid eating s**tbag. My biggest concern leaving the game was our lack of run game. But they gave kap pass looks and he burned them. I think the shecawks are in for a rude awakening to how bad their team is,

still nervous about playing @Seattle
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
It's sad all the controversy will cover up how awesome our redzone offense has dramatically improved since forever. -Roman really loves redzone slants, and was calling a play with Boldin identical to one he called in the playoffs using Crabtree.

I noticed that too and was going to mention it, but slipped my mind.

Good call