LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
WHEW!

My thoughts after watching the game. Perhaps I should have started my own thread...
According to police, multiple witnesses saw the man, who appeared to be intoxicated, fall from the walkway just after kickoff.

Intoxicated by kickoff... might have had a drinking problem. Opening day and your plastered before it starts.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by ubaisore:
Originally posted by kray28:
Then the refs called Bowman for mystery PF on the sidelines where he did nothing. People can guess that he night have said something.

Well then you had various Packers (Raji and Matthews) getting in Niners' faces and taunting them including the case where Matthews sacked Kap and then got in his face. No flags were thrown. They also went after Boldin with cheapshots after he made the 4th down conversion catch.

Did anyone hear what the flag on Bowman was? I didn't see anything...... and I thought they let the Packers have too much leeway on their end, but we did win!

He bumped into the referee, and the retard threw a flag.

if that was all im surprised Reid didnt get a flag on the pick during the free play. When he was fighting for the ball he kicked a ref in the head lol.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
According to police, multiple witnesses saw the man, who appeared to be intoxicated, fall from the walkway just after kickoff.

Intoxicated by kickoff... might have had a drinking problem. Opening day and your plastered before it starts.

May the guy RIP but I can never understand how people can enjoy a game blitzed off there ass
Originally posted by kray28:
Then the refs called Bowman for mystery PF on the sidelines where he did nothing. People can guess that he night have said something.

Well then you had various Packers (Raji and Matthews) getting in Niners' faces and taunting them including the case where Matthews sacked Kap and then got in his face. No flags were thrown. They also went after Boldin with cheapshots after he made the 4th down conversion catch.

Very noticeable. It was like GB wanted to prove they were more "physical" so they did it by being cheap, late, excessive etc. Sad that the refs let them tee off all day then got us anytime we were around. You can bet Seattle will try the same thing.
Originally posted by jimrat:
May the guy RIP but I can never understand how people can enjoy a game blitzed off there ass

Yeah, I see no point in going to a game to get hammered at 10 bucks a beer. Really why even go you can do that at home. If you're paying 100s for a ticket and you do that you might have a drinking problem. With this guy was just after kickoff so sounds like it was pre-game tailgating. Also, due that it was just after kickoff hopefully most people were in and not many had to see it especially kids.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Soon the NFL will be the GRAB ASS LEAGUE, goodell will install the NEW rules -- a tap on the butt is a tackle and a tap on the cup (groins) is a sack. Before you know it, players will get flagged for saying "what's up" to a ref instead of properly saying "hello"
Originally posted by Ninersrisin:
Very noticeable. It was like GB wanted to prove they were more "physical" so they did it by being cheap, late, excessive etc. Sad that the refs let them tee off all day then got us anytime we were around. You can bet Seattle will try the same thing.

Yeah, GB was awfully chatty and fiesty which I don't think is too characteristic of them minus big mouth Finley. Probably wanted to prove they weren't soft since the media talked about it I'm sure the entire offseason. Yeah, seen like 3 times at the least where there guys were in our guy's faces and taunting and didn't get called for it. We also got some calls our way but that's beside the point. Think they really tried to intimidate and show they weren't soft. They were definitely tougher than last year. Well at least in the run defense department.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
Originally posted by fister30:
I'm still not impressed with hunter. I won't be surprised if LMJ shares the load with Gore once healthy.

really

hope hunter proves me wrong

Hunter averaged 4 yards/carry today while Gore averaged 2. Not saying Hunter is better than Gore, but combined with what Hunter did last year before his injury and how he looked against a defense locked in against the run, he's definitely our number 2 guy.

Not saying youre wrong lmj looked good in the preseason to me and I hope he plays a lot! But I really like Hunter and think he is a great #2 back.
Hunter averaged 4 yards/carry today while Gore averaged 2. Not saying Hunter is better than Gore, but combined with what Hunter did last year before his injury and how he looked against a defense locked in against the run, he's definitely our number 2 guy.

23 of his 24 yards came on his 1 carry. Maybe it's just me but I dont ever remember being impressed.

Originally posted by LVJay:
Soon the NFL will be the GRAB ASS LEAGUE, goodell will install the NEW rules -- a tap on the butt is a tackle and a tap on the cup (groins) is a sack. Before you know it, players will get flagged for saying "what's up" to a ref instead of properly saying "hello"

Thanks for the explanation of where a cup is located.
I love how GB literally prepared the entire offseason for this game and they lost. LMFAO. It's nice to finally dominate the Fudgepackers.

Indeed - they we're so focused on the read option stuff, they seemingly overlooked other areas. Great game today. Will be interesting to see how they handle Washington next week.
I love how GB literally prepared the entire offseason for this game and they lost. LMFAO. It's nice to finally dominate the Fudgepackers.

This. They want to spend all offseason preparing for our run game? No big deal, Kap just drops 412 and 3 TDs on 'em through the air.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by Gore_21:

From about 2003 through 2010 that was the only way to enjoy a home game lol
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Boldin just wasn't going to be stopped today. I love his leadership as well. As soon as the Packers took that lead in the fourth quarter he was on the sidelines firing up our defense. Richard Sherman better bring it next Sunday night because Boldin is a lot more dangerous with Kaep instead of Flacco.
Share 49ersWebzone