Originally posted by strat1080:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
Good points and nice observation... but I guess you didn't know about the conversation (above) that went on between Tolzien and his "dad"
On a real note, I see Niners winning by more than 2 TDs... Niners front seven will be better than anytime last year. The secondary will be one of our strengths (believe it or not). They have?? at WR and o-line. Their defense has not improved from last year (IMO). Our offense is going to shock many people....
They could win by more than 2 TDs but its not likely. The Packers tend to be very competitive in games and don't get blown out very often. The Packers do not have question marks at WR. They have one of the best WR trios in the NFL in Nelson, Cobb, and Jones. Reports coming out are saying Finley has made some serious strides. He never really was the same after his knee injury in 2010. What people fail to realize is that Jennings hardly even played the last couple of years.
Its a little early to say that they haven't made any improvements since last year. I always gotta love the know it alls who base everything off the previous season. Do people not learn? There are surprises for every team every year. The Packers were starting a lot of rookies last year on defense. I do think that many of them will show improvements. Rarely do teams look exactly the same as the season before. We've seen it all. Division winners failing to make the playoffs the next year. Super Bowl teams getting knocked out in the first round the next year. Super Bowl losers failing to make the playoffs next year. You don't just keep making it to the NFC Championship and Super Bowl year after year. Statistically the odds aren't in the 49ers favor. This is pro football.
I remember listening to a sports radio guy here in Denver mention this. He said 49ers fans must be sick to their stomache to have pissed up two great opportunities. Like I said, in the free agency and salary cap era teams don't just keep going to NFC Championship games and Super Bowls year after year. What happens is that these teams that are in the spotlight (deep playoff runs and Super Bowl appearances) start having their rosters invaded by other teams.
I think the NFC is wide open. I don't think there is a dramatically superior team in the conference. On any given day any of the elite teams in the NFC can emerge victorious. You're acting like the 49ers are unbeatable.
Hello, my fine, funny, friendly friend! How are you, today? Fine, I hope.
Now, let's take a looksy here... 10 for starters, sweet prince
1. "They could win by more than 2 TDs but its not likely"... I say they will/you think they won't (both opinions
2. "The Packers do not have question marks at WR" ... Jordy Nelson coming off surgery (RECENTLY!!
) That's 1 question mark -- we won't know if he'll be back to full force till he begins playing in real games (FACT
)! No Donald Driver/Greg Jennings ?? (AGAIN)... they may have just been a shell of themselves playing their final days in GB, but it's still 2 savvy veterans that are no longer on the depth chart and two of which had very good chemistry with Rodgers! (FACT
3. "Reports coming out are saying Finley has made some serious strides"... he's still suspect ("issues with drops and a steep drop-off in red-zone targets last season")... don't get it twisted, I think he's a very good TE and may do very well this coming season, but I'll have to see it to believe it (REAL GAMES
) in 2013.
4. "Its a little early to say that they haven't made any improvements since last year"... We'll have to wait till the regular season rolls to have any (FACTS
)... you may think they have improved/I don't think they have improved much, maybe a little, but not much (both opinions
). I do believe they can get better (not worse) as the season goes along, Especially towards the end (barring more injuries) of the season.
5. "The Packers were starting a lot of rookies last year on defense." (FACT
) "I do think that many of them will show improvements" (OPINION
) "Rarely do teams look exactly the same as the season before" True, maybe not exactly the same and that is probably why the Packers haven't made it back to the NFCC in a while because they weren't "exactly the same" however, they have been good and made it to the playoffs year after year with McCarthy/Rodgers. I don't see why Harbaugh/Kaepernick/Top 3 defense won't do the same.
6. "You don't just keep making it to the NFC Championship and Super Bowl year after year" Buffalo Bills 4 SB in a row, Niners/Broncos/Packers made back to back SB appearances (no need to get W/L on those). Please let's not go here --> ("that's the past"
) because so is "Statistically the odds
aren't in the 49ers favor"
7. "What happens is that these teams that are in the spotlight (deep playoff runs and Super Bowl appearances) start having their rosters invaded by other teams." Do you know who is STILL
on the 49ers roster? 49ers STILL
have as many or more pro bowlers than you have fingers on your hands (unless you have 6/7 fingers on each hand)! Furthermore, a few those pro bowlers are HOF bound. No one has invaded the 49ers roster, lately... if anything, the 49ers dumped a few (expendables) to other teams. Just like the 80s (when they were a powerhouse) they can afford to let go of good players (as starters on other teams). That's what happens when teams have a very good/competent HC/GM (Front Office for that matter).
8. "I think the NFC is wide open" (OPINION)
. "I don't think there is a dramatically superior team in the conference" Maybe not "dramatically" but certainly, there's last years NFC Champs and until someone knocks them off, they're STILL
the NFC Champs and I gotta say, they look scarier on defense than a year ago! "On any given day any of the elite teams in the NFC can emerge victorious" That DEFINITELY includes the NFC Champs!
9. "You're acting like the 49ers are unbeatable" Are you looking at me, are you reading my body language, are you hearing my tone, did I once mention that the NFC Champs
are unbeatable or are you just reading my OPINIONS
????? Here are the correct answers to the prior questions (just in case
)... NO NO NO NO and YES!
10. ""I always gotta love the know it alls
" quoted like a champ
"This is pro football" It most certainly isn't college