LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 324 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Now that would be info gathering at its finest because I am most certain they spent the majority of the summer trying to beat us because they can't seem to keep us out of their mouths. I am not sure his athletic ability would warrant a spot though. I doubt we sign a scrub just to learn more about an opponent we have seen twice and defeated now over the past 12 months

You're probably right, maybe Okoye and Divens can earn some side $ for beating info out of him and VY.

LOL! But seriously, Ted Thompson and the Pack need to seriously reevaluate how they stock QBs behind Rodgers. You spend the whole summer with BJ and Graham then you add Vince for a couple of weeks to get a read option look perhaps and now you dump them all to pick up 2 49er rejects a week before the season starts in Wallace and Tolzien. Cmon man! WTF are they doing?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
Tolzein and now Wallace!

WTF!

----This now just leads me to believe that the Packers really don't think they can win unless they get help. Part of me kind of hopes that the Niners go sign Vince Young for a week just to get a couple quick run-downs...since that is the way the Packers want to play it.
my lord, and people think i over react. this whole garbage of "learning secrets" is just just like running a hill with jerry rice and working out with ck in the off season,,, vastly over rated by the web zone. of all of the things that could beat us or we could worry about,, the packers having wallace on their team is not one of them. i assume you were just joking about vince young because that is silly. i do not give a s**t how many x niners a team has ,, if we block and tackle , execute, not make mistakes and just in general, control the things we can control we will win games.

Actually, teams and coaches keep playbooks secret for a reason. When a team has two QB's to pick the brains of, it does give them a little bit of helpful information on what to expect, how to read formations and etc.
Tolzein and now Wallace!

WTF!

----This now just leads me to believe that the Packers really don't think they can win unless they get help. Part of me kind of hopes that the Niners go sign Vince Young for a week just to get a couple quick run-downs...since that is the way the Packers want to play it.
my lord, and people think i over react. this whole garbage of "learning secrets" is just just like running a hill with jerry rice and working out with ck in the off season,,, vastly over rated by the web zone. of all of the things that could beat us or we could worry about,, the packers having wallace on their team is not one of them. i assume you were just joking about vince young because that is silly. i do not give a s**t how many x niners a team has ,, if we block and tackle , execute, not make mistakes and just in general, control the things we can control we will win games.

Yes. I can agree. I am just LMAO at what seems to be their total ineptitude as to how they solve their backup QB situation. You have now dropped your 2 summer long backups to rinse and recycle with VY, Tolz and Seneca. The last 2 being with the 49ers this summer. The same team you have been obsessed with since last season concluded. WTF is Ted Thompson doing over there? I guess it isn't our problem but it has to be nerve racking for their QB coach
Originally posted by Chief:
Tolzein and now Wallace!

WTF!

Actually, teams and coaches keep playbooks secret for a reason. When a team has two QB's to pick the brains of, it does give them a little bit of helpful information on what to expect, how to read formations and etc.

So maybe there is something to gathering the QBs cut by your nemesis the week prior to playing them?
Everyone is talking about how the Packers are so focused on stopping the Niners offense. But they forget that our D dominated them in the playoffs and that was with injuries to the Smith bros. I think this defense is going to carry us again.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Everyone is talking about how the Packers are so focused on stopping the Niners offense. But they forget that our D dominated them in the playoffs and that was with injuries to the Smith bros. I think this defense is going to carry us again.

The defense will be much better now that we are healthy and we seem to have much greater pass rushing depth. Only 3 question marks for me: Nnamdi for Cully, Willis' hand and Reid being a rookie. Up front though we are healthy, Ian is reported to be an upgrade and our pass rushers are deep
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Tolzein and now Wallace!

WTF!

ok chief, i will meet you half way and say it can be helpful but i still say,the coaches and players do not and should not stay up nights worrying about where x niners went and i still say, if we control the things we can control, and have the coaches (roman) do a good job with play calling, it does not matter how many x niners a team has. our two scrub qbs who are now with the packers can tell the packers what we are doing to do but in my opinion it is very hard to simulate in practice the speed of a ck for example and it does not matter how many things they tell the packers,, if our offensive line can impose their will on the packers d line , there is nothing they can do . if we can generate a pass rush and get rogers out of his comfort zone and not allow them to get into a rhythm it does not matter what those two scrubs tell the packers in my opinion
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Yes. I can agree. I am just LMAO at what seems to be their total ineptitude as to how they solve their backup QB situation. You have now dropped your 2 summer long backups to rinse and recycle with VY, Tolz and Seneca. The last 2 being with the 49ers this summer. The same team you have been obsessed with since last season concluded. WTF is Ted Thompson doing over there? I guess it isn't our problem but it has to be nerve racking for their QB coach
agree,, they are idiots i feel really good about our backup qbs when i see what they have resorted to, f**k them
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
Good points and nice observation... but I guess you didn't know about the conversation (above) that went on between Tolzien and his "dad"

On a real note, I see Niners winning by more than 2 TDs... Niners front seven will be better than anytime last year. The secondary will be one of our strengths (believe it or not). They have?? at WR and o-line. Their defense has not improved from last year (IMO). Our offense is going to shock many people....

They could win by more than 2 TDs but its not likely. The Packers tend to be very competitive in games and don't get blown out very often. The Packers do not have question marks at WR. They have one of the best WR trios in the NFL in Nelson, Cobb, and Jones. Reports coming out are saying Finley has made some serious strides. He never really was the same after his knee injury in 2010. What people fail to realize is that Jennings hardly even played the last couple of years.

Its a little early to say that they haven't made any improvements since last year. I always gotta love the know it alls who base everything off the previous season. Do people not learn? There are surprises for every team every year. The Packers were starting a lot of rookies last year on defense. I do think that many of them will show improvements. Rarely do teams look exactly the same as the season before. We've seen it all. Division winners failing to make the playoffs the next year. Super Bowl teams getting knocked out in the first round the next year. Super Bowl losers failing to make the playoffs next year. You don't just keep making it to the NFC Championship and Super Bowl year after year. Statistically the odds aren't in the 49ers favor. This is pro football.

I remember listening to a sports radio guy here in Denver mention this. He said 49ers fans must be sick to their stomache to have pissed up two great opportunities. Like I said, in the free agency and salary cap era teams don't just keep going to NFC Championship games and Super Bowls year after year. What happens is that these teams that are in the spotlight (deep playoff runs and Super Bowl appearances) start having their rosters invaded by other teams.

I think the NFC is wide open. I don't think there is a dramatically superior team in the conference. On any given day any of the elite teams in the NFC can emerge victorious. You're acting like the 49ers are unbeatable.

http://www.footballandfutbol.com/can-san-francisco-49ers-break-super-bowl-losers-funk/
I think these tools try to beat us with a taste of our own medicine. Arron rodgers out of the the option! Arron rodgers has a sad!

They need Seneca to emulate Kap in game prep (and whatever else they're trying to glean). Obviously Tolzien can't do it. I don't know why though, it's not like SW really learned much. Desperate, desperate fools.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
They need Seneca to emulate Kap in game prep (and whatever else they're trying to glean). Obviously Tolzien can't do it. I don't know why though, it's not like SW really learned much. Desperate, desperate fools.

yes this is the same team who said after they beat the vikings that they can handle ck because they handled the vikes quarterback. morons
ok chief, i will meet you half way and say it can be helpful but i still say,the coaches and players do not and should not stay up nights worrying about where x niners went and i still say, if we control the things we can control, and have the coaches (roman) do a good job with play calling, it does not matter how many x niners a team has. our two scrub qbs who are now with the packers can tell the packers what we are doing to do but in my opinion it is very hard to simulate in practice the speed of a ck for example and it does not matter how many things they tell the packers,, if our offensive line can impose their will on the packers d line , there is nothing they can do . if we can generate a pass rush and get rogers out of his comfort zone and not allow them to get into a rhythm it does not matter what those two scrubs tell the packers in my opinion

Tolzein and now Wallace!

WTF!

Wallace was only with us for less than a week. IMO he is still a good experienced backup QB to have. He is mobile like Rodgers and they wouldn't have to change the playbook too much, with Wallace having played in the WCO all his career.

Most know I'm not too high on Colt as a backup QB to a team that has SuperBowl aspirations. I personally feel the Packers are better situation than we are, if our starters goes down a couple of games this season.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM ]
@strat1080:

First off, I don't see many fans around here acting like the Niners are unbeatable. But, let me take a few of your arguments on their merits.

"They could win by more than 2 TDs but its not likely." The last time the teams played, the Niners won by 2 TD's with an injured front seven, a QB with just 7 starts under his belt and while spotting them a pick six.

"The Packers do not have question marks at WR. They have one of the best WR trios in the NFL in Nelson, Cobb, and Jones." They don't even know if Nelson will play the first game of the season and if he does, they acknowledge that he will not be 100%. Cobb is nursing a hamstring injury. So yes, there actually ARE question marks at WR.

"You don't just keep making it to the NFC Championship and Super Bowl year after year. Statistically the odds aren't in the 49ers favor." The Niners are entering their third year of being considered an elite team. How many years have the Patriots been in the conversation. And your argument about statistics is misguided because virtually every statistical analysis and Vegas betting line has the Niners as one of the favorites or the favorite to return to the Superbowl. I'm always amused by this argument that no SB loser has gotten back - it's an argument based on an incredibly small sample size.

This thread is about the first game with the Packers. I expect the Niners to win, but I'm never sure anyone is going to win. But let's look at that team. They've got injuries in the secondary - they're starting a rookie fifth rounder. They've got a new linebacker inside who runs with the same quickness as the Niners second TE even though he's 3" shorter and 30 lbs. lighter. Their best LB is Matthews and he was totally dominated in the last game. And their defense must face a QB who dominated them with very little experience the last time and now has had the benefit of an entire off season of preparation. On the O-line, they've lost their best player to injury. They're facing a Niner team with a completely healthy pass rush unlike the last game when the Niners' two most potent pass rushers were both injured.
Share 49ersWebzone