LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
28-13 49ers
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
The Packers will do everything they can not to lose 3 in a row to us cos that will be extremely demoralizing. So, first thing first is we have to make sure we don't under-estimate them.

I think they will play a spy much like what the Ravens did to mark off Kap for the QB run.

Eddie Lacy will be key for them. Our run defense will have to shut him down. We can't let him through our line like what Harris did in the Divisional Playoff game.

Other than that, I am confident our D will be able to give Aaron Rodgers and his offense a hard time.

While our own O should go big, pound the rock, use the Pistol, take big play action throws downfield.

RIP Discount Doublecheck
niners favored by 4.5
Originally posted by robniner:
Eddie Lacy will be the starting running back

Time for a little baptizin to the NFL hardcore style.

Ray Ray, Ian Williams, J. Smith

Brooks, Willis, Bowman, A. Smith

Lacy will get thump. Start dancing Eddie
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Just keep Clay Matthews off of Kaep's back, Mr. Staley!!

That is important in my opinion also, as in every team, injuries can destroy everything.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran

Originally posted by Rascal:
The Packers will do everything they can not to lose 3 in a row to us cos that will be extremely demoralizing. So, first thing first is we have to make sure we don't under-estimate them.

I think they will play a spy much like what the Ravens did to mark off Kap for the QB run.

Eddie Lacy will be key for them. Our run defense will have to shut him down. We can't let him through our line like what Harris did in the Divisional Playoff game.

Other than that, I am confident our D will be able to give Aaron Rodgers and his offense a hard time.

While our own O should go big, pound the rock, use the Pistol, take big play action throws downfield.

Agreed, you can never underestimate another team, especially one lead by Aaron rodgers. Rodgers has one of the quickest releases, all he has to do is flip his wrist and that ball comes out like a bullet.
Originally posted by Team49ers:
Agreed, you can never underestimate another team, especially one lead by Aaron rodgers. Rodgers has one of the quickest releases, all he has to do is flip his wrist and that ball comes out like a bullet.

Every QB that has taken a beating in the pocket loses their "magic" in the passing game. You stop them by hitting them over and over. Those quick releases from Rodgers will become desperation hot routes with decreasing accuracy and lead to potential INTs.

And if GB dedicates a LB to spy on the QB then our TEs will feast on them as they find open space and the running game will take advantage of it as the spy is late to fill his run assignments
Lets go Niners!!!! Back to business.. Lets FINISH this year fellas. Week in, week out. Finish.....

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
They are going to put in VY as change of pace

...to an inevitable loss.

Just a few years ago, some fans were calling for the 49ers to trade/sign Vince Young because he was a "winner".
Go Niners " Hack the Pack"
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
niners favored by 4.5

This is the one I have been waiting all offseason for. To face a Super Bowl caliber team that has been obsessed with beating us all offseason even before the schedule came out. If we beat them soundly, we totally demoralize them to the point they hope to never see us in the postseason. I think they will come out extremely physical and we better be prepared for a slug match!! Did you see how they played SEA. They were very chippy so imagine when they play us
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by Team49ers:

Every QB that has taken a beating in the pocket loses their "magic" in the passing game. You stop them by hitting them over and over. Those quick releases from Rodgers will become desperation hot routes with decreasing accuracy and lead to potential INTs.

And if GB dedicates a LB to spy on the QB then our TEs will feast on them as they find open space and the running game will take advantage of it as the spy is late to fill his run assignments

That is a good point, I wonder why didn't we get a TE to slow down Suggs in the Super Bowl ? It was almost like we just gave up on the QB run. Vance is big, he should be able to do some effective blocking on the edge.
Share 49ersWebzone