LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Someone convince me why I shouldn't be worried about Tolzein going to the Packers
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Someone convince me why I shouldn't be worried about Tolzein going to the Packers

Because we're that good
Originally posted by teeohh:

Because we're that good

Manningham and Jacobs didn't help us versus the Giants.
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by teeohh:

Because we're that good

Manningham and Jacobs didn't help us versus the Giants.
Game plan won't go in until this week plus it takes more than a week pumping Tolzien to figure us out.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
How is Tolzein signing w/ packers gonna impact their prep?

From Maiocco: The team is not being presented with the game plan for Week 1 until this week. The first on-field practice is Tuesday. Scott Tolzien is reportedly going to the Packers practice squad. Tolzien will not be able to give the Packers much insight into the specific 49ers plan against Green Bay. But the 49ers will have to change their verbal cues at the line of scrimmage to prevent the Packers from gaining a pre-snap advantage.

Someone asked again about Tolzien. Besides they have our game film, they know what we can do. Some times I think the playbook thing gets exaggerated. Not to mention they spent all offseason probably preparing for the read option when Kap is perfectly capable of throwing from the pocket under center. Let them worry about him running it, will make it easier for him to pass it. I also think Kap was more dangerous on scrambles than he was on read option. Was trying to see if anyone had a stat on yards per run for scrambles vs read option.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 1, 2013 at 4:02 PM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Is this game at home?
Spartans!!! what is your profession???
Originally posted by kray28:
Is this game at home?

Yes

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Glad the Ahoo Ahoo Ahoo thing is catching on but it was Michigan State's first I believe. At least it gets the crowd involved more.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM ]

Remember how Tolzein looked with no time to throw? Well, that is basically Green Bay's O-line. A playbook can't block Aldon Smith.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Remember how Tolzein looked with no time to throw? Well, that is basically Green Bay's O-line. A playbook can't block Aldon Smith.

Even if GB threw the playbook at Aldon, he would still break through for the sack!

What exactly is he going to tell them? Watch Kaepernick closely! If he hands the other guy the ball, tackle that guy! Maintain coverage! Don't let the pocket break down and run past him giving him the open field!

The problem with anything Tolzein might say is that the Niners run multiple plays off of multiple formations. So, it's not like he can say, "when they line up this way, they're always going to do this."
We could give the Pack our playbook and they would still have a hard time beating us. They can't stop the run, our defense will get turnovers and stops when it matters the most, and we are just too physical for them at all levels of the game.
[ Edited by 24plus25er on Sep 1, 2013 at 5:54 PM ]
I think the most tolzien can give them its our current signals and codes for audibles at the line of scrimmage. We will be changing those so they have no clue....
Originally posted by GNielsen:
What exactly is he going to tell them? Watch Kaepernick closely! If he hands the other guy the ball, tackle that guy! Maintain coverage! Don't let the pocket break down and run past him giving him the open field!

The problem with anything Tolzein might say is that the Niners run multiple plays off of multiple formations. So, it's not like he can say, "when they line up this way, they're always going to do this."

Well apparently the Rams learned how...Dahl confirmed it when he was signed
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Woof woof woof!!!
Share 49ersWebzone