LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 142 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Wk4)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
this is a televised scrimmage between practice squad players and guys who are about to be released.

cant wait....

Hey, hey, hey....there is at least two players who might make the team based on this game...lol
Marcus Cooper is a player I REALLY like for the future as he has a lot of raw potential. Hopefully we keep him and he doesn't land on the practice squad.

Asomugha will probably not play as he is nursing an injury as Fangio put it, so gives Cooper/Morris a shot to get a lot of time. I'm sure Cox/Brock will get their time as well.
Originally posted by corona55569:
Any local San Diego 49ers can suggest the best game day route? I heard catching the trolley from the gaslamp district is a good option (I will be staying in the gaslamp district ).. Any info much appreciated go 49ers preseason style

meet me @ the mercy rd exit off the 15......
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Any local San Diego 49ers can suggest the best game day route? I heard catching the trolley from the gaslamp district is a good option (I will be staying in the gaslamp district ).. Any info much appreciated go 49ers preseason style

Isn't there something dark and evil about that exit?
I am not used to seeing this. The first 3 preseason games actually meant something. I doubt this game will have the same weight as the first three but this was refreshing to witness. The play of the players in these three games had a lot to do with how this roster is turning out.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
this is a televised scrimmage between practice squad players and guys who are about to be released.

cant wait....

Hey, hey, hey....there is at least two players who might make the team based on this game...lol

psshhh
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:
I am not used to seeing this. The first 3 preseason games actually meant something. I doubt this game will have the same weight as the first three but this was refreshing to witness. The play of the players in these three games had a lot to do with how this roster is turning out.

Preseason games always mean something for the players who are competing for roster spots.

The last game will have meaning for all those players who are still in the competition.
I wanna see B.J run the read option a few times , it appears he has the tools to be an effective read option QB, then while he sits a season or two, he can soak up the system and fine tune his pocket passing and prepare for NFL action , plus he could be attractive trade bait for us down the road...either way , B.J has a high ceiling and could be a real steal in the 7th round
Originally posted by robniner:

Isn't there something dark and evil about that exit?

Setting myself up for a unsolved mystery episode

I'm planning to take the trolley from Fashion Valley
Ill be there's itch my Charger friends . Stadium is in my backyard. Go 9ers!
This game will suck ass but I'm still gonna watch it.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I wanna see B.J run the read option a few times , it appears he has the tools to be an effective read option QB, then while he sits a season or two, he can soak up the system and fine tune his pocket passing and prepare for NFL action , plus he could be attractive trade bait for us down the road...either way , B.J has a high ceiling and could be a real steal in the 7th round

Translation: he's black

I'll be your huckleberry
Share 49ersWebzone