Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yes his name is Colt McCoy
  • buck
  • Veteran
We have a veteran quarterback.
[ Edited by buck on Aug 10, 2013 at 3:56 PM ]
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Trade Tolzien for Cassel

Did you watch Cassel play a couple days ago? Or did you just check out his statline, because that was all yards after catch. He had some real ugly throws.
no, we gots one.
I think the 49ers will be just fine, McCoy is a smart veteran who will do well once he gets acclimated, especially with the Quarterback Whisperer running the team.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by adamcarrillo85:
BJ Daniels should be given a chance

this

And don't forget Nate Montana!
Yes. Would have liked to have had Hasselbeck.
No. None are available. If they were they would cost too much. We got other guys to sign long term. Tolzien will be a fine #2.

You are just used to having Kaepernick and Alex Smith both. That was a luxury. It couldn't go on forever. Yes we had a much, much better #1 and #2 combination then. Alex could come in and be very competent and win. We don't have that luxury anymore because you can only afford one high paid QB on a team at a time. So this is what we got now. Most teams backup QB is not that great. I wish we had the Redskins backup QB. He seems excellent to me. But Tolzien will do fine. He's a good backup.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No. None are available. If they were they would cost too much. We got other guys to sign long term. Tolzien will be a fine #2.

You are just used to having Kaepernick and Alex Smith both. That was a luxury. It couldn't go on forever. Yes we had a much, much better #1 and #2 combination then. Alex could come in and be very competent and win. We don't have that luxury anymore because you can only afford one high paid QB on a team at a time. So this is what we got now. Most teams backup QB is not that great. I wish we had the Redskins backup QB. He seems excellent to me. But Tolzien will do fine. He's a good backup.

Well for this year we could of hired a high paid #2 QB if we wanted to and assuming one was available. Kap's price this year is still very low for a starting QB.

Of course things will probably change next year.
Originally posted by PineNut:

Well for this year we could of hired a high paid #2 QB if we wanted to and assuming one was available. Kap's price this year is still very low for a starting QB.

Of course things will probably change next year.

No. We need the money for Kaep, Aldon Smith, Iupati and probably Crabtree is going to leave. And the other 3 we can't even sign all those.

Once Colt gets a grasp my hope is he is serviceable if needed. Still befuddled how tolzien kept his job over josh Johnson. I'm sure it had to do with tolziens knowledge and work ethic but he is obviously very limited
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Once Colt gets a grasp my hope is he is serviceable if needed. Still befuddled how tolzien kept his job over josh Johnson. I'm sure it had to do with tolziens knowledge and work ethic but he is obviously very limited

He was better than Josh Johnson. And he's better than Colt McCoy this year too.

He was better than Josh Johnson. And he's better than Colt McCoy this year too.

I really hope so and Harbaugh should know better than I. I think with the atrocious play of the OL Thur it made both QBs look like garbage and it would have taken an athletic QB to overcome it
That garbage OL play made everyone on offense look awful aside from Dixon and Vance McDonald
That garbage OL play made everyone on offense look awful aside from Dixon and Vance McDonald

Share 49ersWebzone