There are 210 users in the forums

#2 RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

#2 RB

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
What impressed me the most about LMJ is the way he finishes runs. For a little dude, he moves the pile. Same can be said about Hunter.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
What impressed me the most about LMJ is the way he finishes runs. For a little dude, he moves the pile. Same can be said about Hunter.

even little james got two yards on first and goal against a run heavy defense you got gore and hunter, you got dixon for short yardage, you make clever use of james and then along with everything else, you got ck, we now have a five headed monster behind the best run blocking line in the nfl. not bad
It's great that the Zone hasn't forgotten about Hunter. What I really am wondering about is Anthony Dixon. Isn't his contract up this season? Would love to keep him, but I can see teams willing to pay him more to be a number 2 RB special teamer.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
LMJ is strictly a change of pace Gimmickie type RB/Return guy. For the life of me IDKY he was drafted so high #61 overall? He woulda been there in the 3rd or maybe even the 4th. Hunter is the much better inside runner with suprising strength and just as much giddy up as LMJ.

I dunno, he was really good in college and is in the mold of Sproles and Bush. I think he's the kind of player most GMs would take a flyer on on the chance he becomes like Sproles.
Jewel Hampton?
Harbaugh was saying first priority is to get him 100% healthy. Very good they are being smart with him. Suppose it means we see gradual increase of carries for Hunter before he's back at #2?
Originally posted by Rascal:
Hunter is better, but in general I still prefer the more aggressive and faster backs. If we didn't pick AJ Jenkins, I would have picked David Wilson.

Seriously, I think LMJ is a bit overrated. He is an OK RB, but nothing special, not particularly quick and lacks power. His kick return skills is also very limited apart from that single return in last season's game against the Pats. After the Broncos game, I think Perish Cox could easily be better than him in KR and PR. Like I said, in that draft class, personally I would have gone for David Wilson.

We get it.....you would rather have David Wilson lol
Originally posted by trogdor:
I dunno, he was really good in college and is in the mold of Sproles and Bush. I think he's the kind of player most GMs would take a flyer on on the chance he becomes like Sproles.

That is a falsehood. He had no more than 17 receptions in any season in college. He wasn't a receiving back.
Does anyone else think that LMJ has a small fumbling problem?
I really think that Hunter has proven himself as a capable backup to gire. If he hasn't lost a step with his injury I believe he will retain the spot. With LMJ's size and skillset he should be used like darren sproles

I know Hunter and LMJ are locks but after the way our old buddy Dixie ran the other night I see him as a lock now as well even without the special teams work. That boy ran HARD. He still wants to dance but when he finds his rhythm that boy can tote the rock. Holding penalties killed his final yardage but I think he would have gone North of 100 yards for the night. He sure has grown as a player.
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by trogdor:

That is a falsehood. He had no more than 17 receptions in any season in college. He wasn't a receiving back.

Not what I meant. I don't follow college much so I don't know his stats, I was referring to the fact that he is physically similar to them, not statistically
I'm becoming less and less excited about James to be totally honest. He just doesn't look as quick as I thought he would. I thought he'd look super fast this season after getting a season under his belt but where are the moves? He's quick but so far all I've seen from him his that little spin move. He should be juking guys out of their shoes. His ypc average is good but our line can run block and move anyone at will so it should be good. I just don't see the vision from him and that's probably because we've been spoiled with Gore and Hunter. Hopefully he keeps improving. My expectations for him are probably too high but I really thought he was going to be a special player at this level and so far he's not been.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I'm becoming less and less excited about James to be totally honest. He just doesn't look as quick as I thought he would. I thought he'd look super fast this season after getting a season under his belt but where are the moves? He's quick but so far all I've seen from him his that little spin move. He should be juking guys out of their shoes. His ypc average is good but our line can run block and move anyone at will so it should be good. I just don't see the vision from him and that's probably because we've been spoiled with Gore and Hunter. Hopefully he keeps improving. My expectations for him are probably too high but I really thought he was going to be a special player at this level and so far he's not been.

Did you expect him to come out the first pre-season game juking people Barry Sanders or something?! Because I don't think that happens too often.

He's going to be fine. When it comes to the read option/pistol formations, I think he's the prototype back!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Hunter is better, but in general I still prefer the more aggressive and faster backs. If we didn't pick AJ Jenkins, I would have picked David Wilson.

Seriously, I think LMJ is a bit overrated. He is an OK RB, but nothing special, not particularly quick and lacks power. His kick return skills is also very limited apart from that single return in last season's game against the Pats. After the Broncos game, I think Perish Cox could easily be better than him in KR and PR. Like I said, in that draft class, personally I would have gone for David Wilson.

We get it.....you would rather have David Wilson lol

Sorry, I just couldn't hide my true feelings.
Share 49ersWebzone