LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 395 users in the forums

All of our QBs except Kap look like Rivers....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think Kap's has definitely gotten better since he got here and I would think if he didn't like the way Tolzien or McCoy threw he would make changes. I think for the most part he believes in letting guys throw the way they throw but just tweaking it a little. Cleaning it up sort of speak.
Kap charges up by extending his left arm out before letting his rocket balls fly. And none of the 49er QBs have Rivers' awkward, short-armed, sidearm throwing motion, so i have no idea where the OP got that.
[ Edited by 21SandersMoss84 on Aug 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I don't know about Rivers, but they were bad. It made me think why did we cut Josh Johnson in the first place ? I am also of the belief we should really consider migrating all our QBs to the mobile variety in due course. We already had a head start in that, last we want is to let all the other teams catch up. And because of that, I am dying to see what BJ Daniels has got. His highlights clip was very impressive, if he can play just half as good as that it would be enough for his debut.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
None of them look like Rivers. All 3 don't look like that. I live in San Diego and have seen plenty of Rivers. None of our QB's play like him.

you live in San Diego?!
McCoy has a very normal throwing motion
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Tolzien to me looks a lot like Shawn Hill. He has absolutely no arm.
Originally posted by mayo49:

You read my mind bro! He very much reminds me of Shaun Hill. It's painful for me to watch them throw, but their feel for the game keeps them in the league.
Watching NFL games I become more impressed with Kaep's arm strength. He makes throws most Quarterbacks can only dream of.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Watching NFL games I become more impressed with Kaep's arm strength. He makes throws most Quarterbacks can only dream of.

Kap's got a cannon.
I feel like this thread can contain the "Why Was Tolzien so Goddamned Terrible" thread I was considering making.

Painful to watch, like a group of deficients playing miniature golf

i do not have faith in McCoy... i think the Cleveland experience has ruined him or he just is not made out for this league..reminds me of JTO. potential but confidence issues and a turn over machine. I'm gueesing if he continues to struggle we bring in a vet with true starting experience...and I think the only ones that might be available will be Travis Jackson (Seattle lol) and Rex Grossman from the Redskins. Not saying i like these guys...but i'd be more comfortable with them over McCoy. Wish we had Shaun really.

as far as Tolzien, i think he has a stronger arm than some give him credit for and can move for someone percieved as a statue. I like Scott and as preseason goes along, hope he can prove without doubt he should be the backup.
IMO we need a legit #2 guy FAST. These guys as of now will cost us whatever game they have to go in at.With teams headhunting for Kaep, you just know they'll be gunning for him so we HAVE to be prepared.
Originally posted by mayo49:

i'm not a fan of tolzien
Share 49ersWebzone