There are 194 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Game 3)

Originally posted by Gore_21:
For game 3 I want to see:

-Daniels get a quarter or more (I'd play starters for 1st half, Kap probably a quarter or a little more, then put McCoy in with 1st Team OL for a quarter),Then Daniels in 3rd.
-Collie, Lockette and Jacobs with the 1st string offense at some point. (especially collie)(If Moore is a lock don't need to see him as much)
-I want to see less Osgood. just not a part of our future (Moore is a ST guy, 7 years younger. Osgood 45 rec 740 yards 5 tds in 10 years)
-If Hunter is ready to go I'd like him to get a few carries
-Get Jenkins in the game, we sent him on reverses 5 times in 2 games and every time went up the middle. GIVE HIM 1! Bubble screen, quick pass something!
-Give Cox more punt and kick returns against their #1 team. Why so set on James who hasn't done anything?
-Less Penalties, Better Kick/Punt Coverage, Less Turnovers

I wanna see Kaep target Jenkins in the early drives. He's hardly getting any opportunity with our backups lol. But he needs to do better
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
they gotta let kaep play with the other receivers. dont even play boldin or moore since they seem to be locks. get the young guys in there with a real QB so we can see what they can do
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
they gotta let kaep play with the other receivers. dont even play boldin or moore since they seem to be locks. get the young guys in there with a real QB so we can see what they can do

Agreed, but if they have to like a series or two at most. We need to give Collie, Lockette, Hall, Jenkins and possibly Jacobs time with the first offense. Especially Collie who is only WR who's done anything in this league. I'd like to see Lockette with Kap see if they could connect on a deep ball. I'd play Kap like a quarter to a quarter and a half and then let McCoy and/or Tolzien have a shot with the first string OL depending on if they play first string OL 2 or 3 quarters. I'd play Daniels the entire 4th quarter. Edit: If Patton is ready I'd give him reps with the 1st string O as well. He hasn't got any yet so he needs to catch up. Game 4 I'd play him most of the game.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We have possibly the worst WR group in the NFL. It's Boldin and nothing much else.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Can anybody explain why moore is a lock?
I'd like to see Kaep get some playing time with the receivers vying for the second slot. I'm sure he'll find chemistry with them.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I'd like to see Kaep get some playing time with the receivers vying for the second slot. I'm sure he'll find chemistry with them.

According to Harbaugh he will against Minnesota.
Originally posted by mod:

Started both games. Only plays with the starters. Wouldn't make sense to keep him off the field if he was fighting for a spot. Maiocco reported from camp that the top 3 receivers appear to be Boldin-Williams-Moore.
Originally posted by mayo49:
We have possibly the worst WR group in the NFL. It's Boldin and nothing much else.

New England, San Diego, Philly, and Baltimore might dispute your claims....
Adrian Peterson will be playing next week.
Originally posted by mod:

he must be lighting it up in practice cuz i havent seen him do squat
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

That's the case apparently. Reports from camp are that Boldin-Williams-Moore are far ahead of the other receivers. We haven't seen Moore do squat because he leaves the game with the the rest of the starting skill positions. It's obvious he has his spot on the opening day roster locked up.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

That's the case apparently. Reports from camp are that Boldin-Williams-Moore are far ahead of the other receivers. We haven't seen Moore do squat because he leaves the game with the the rest of the starting skill positions. It's obvious he has his spot on the opening day roster locked up.

It sure would be nice if he where able to be close to a serviceable 2, he did have a pretty impressive catch against Denver.

I also haven't noticed him on ST's much and if that's the case they must really value him as a pass catcher because he was a ST's ace in Miami.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

He dominated training camp, so much so that they arent even putting him on special teams in the preseason. For the first two weeks of TC Moore had the "play of the day" almost every time, and by most accounts he attacks the ball like Boldin so either he gets it or no one gets it.

Even during the chiefs game, look at Gores 52 yard run... you'll see Moore still blocking the safety 52 yards later. He competes every snap regardless of if he is blocking or running routes, and you know that gives Harbaugh a harb-on.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home