There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Game 3)

Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by Scoots:
We know Kap is the starter ... let's let him refine his game in practice where it's safer. No need to prove anything tonight.

see, thats the thing. he is the starter, but it is getting a little tiresome to keep talking about practice. I mean the last thing i remember, was the overthrow to hall i think. would of loved to have seen him after that drive again.

no better practice than when u have another teams defense playing against you, in an actual game, to see his flow on offense and the production of the WR's with their starting QB.

Like allen iverson said, we talking bout practice,.... practice

...until your starter gets hurt. I see the logic but I love how Harbs plays it safe.

i feel where your coming from, and God knows i dont want him to get hurt at all. Just want to actually see him in gametime mode other than when the season begins. Especially as i said with the WR core. Why worry about them gelling with a backup qb if none of them can bring to the table what kaep can.
i swear to god patton better f**kin play tonight
Pre-season is practice, but with one very important difference ... people wanting to make a play to make a name for themselves to get a job. It seems to me there are more injuries in pre-season than in the regular season, and it's guys going above and beyond and out of the scheme and out of the rules that causes it ... why put a critical piece of a SB hopeful team in that blender?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by mayo49:
Go, Niners, go!

missed this.
Anybody watching this flag football game on NBC right now lol? Jerry Rice just caught this gorgeous touchdown from Dan Marino. As pretty as any NFL touchdown we've seen the last few seasons. Makes you wonder...
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Go, Niners, go!

missed this.

me too!
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Kaep has a higher risk of getting hurt during regular season if he doesn't play enough in preseason to get acclimated to the speed and pace of a real game. This is why most coached play their starters a lot longer in game 3.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Anybody watching this flag football game on NBC right now lol? Jerry Rice just caught this gorgeous touchdown from Dan Marino. As pretty as any NFL touchdown we've seen the last few seasons. Makes you wonder...

James Vanderbeek is out there ballin too lol
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL

Watching Jim Harbaugh catch 15-yard passes from his five quarterbacks in warm-ups. No exaggeration: He has better hands than Heyward-Bey.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL

Watching Jim Harbaugh catch 15-yard passes from his five quarterbacks in warm-ups. No exaggeration: He has better hands than Heyward-Bey.

didn't draft
Originally posted by THEB:
Kaep has a higher risk of getting hurt during regular season if he doesn't play enough in preseason to get acclimated to the speed and pace of a real game. This is why most coached play their starters a lot longer in game 3.

been saying the same thing all along. my thing is, one minute people keep on saying that practice is practice, so u need that live game experience to get your game tighter. then in the same token, now its, "he's killen em in practice, and thats all he needs."

i was under the impression that after the actual game, u practiced on what works, and what doesnt. but s**t, we dont know what is working and whats not.

last years SB run, was exactly what it was. and i dont know where harbs gets this he doesnt need live game practice mindframe from??? thats what pre-season is for
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Aug 25, 2013 at 4:30 PM ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by zillabeast:

James Vanderbeek is out there ballin too lol

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Go, Niners, go!

missed this.

me too!

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Inside linebacker NaVorro Bowman leading the pre-game speech/chant. That's usually been Patrick Willis' job. He's out with a broken hand.