There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Game 3)

and BTW

our back ups> their starters
San Jose State product Travis Johnson got a sack
Originally posted by xtm059:
i think what everyone can take away from this game is that christian ponder is terrible.

If I was the vikes GM id throw the skins a first round pick for kirk cousins

A 1st round pick? The Skins didn't pick him that high. Plus MIN is a running based offense and they played us without AP. They should not give a 1st for Cousins. They can get a guy of his talents in next year's draft at their 1st round pick. If a GM did that they should be fired
Originally posted by pdizo916:
why did the vikes leave their starters into the mid way of the 3rd quarter? I said to myself that Allen would get hurt, but it was actually Williams that did. Even though it was a dirty play, i was kinda satisfied that williams got hurt. There's no reason to have your starters out in the third quarter. It's the back up's time to shine...

I wasn't happy to see anyone get injured much less off a sh!t play
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
OMG, Vance McDonald! Looked really good. Loved how he hurdled defender and upon landing, plowed thru the next guy. Beast. And play of the night to me

Vance= BEAST!
why did the vikes leave their starters into the mid way of the 3rd quarter? I said to myself that Allen would get hurt, but it was actually Williams that did. Even though it was a dirty play, i was kinda satisfied that williams got hurt. There's no reason to have your starters out in the third quarter. It's the back up's time to shine...

Why ? Cos Ponder desperately needs all the reps that he could get.
Originally posted by boast:
anyone have a gif of Boobie's impression of Jimmy Supafly Snucka?

LOL! That was awesome.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
It's a numbers game and he negated some great plays with some detrimental decisions. Boldin, Williams, Moore, Baldwin, and Patton are all locks. When Crabs and Manningham come back, at least one of these guys will have to be cut. Unless we keep 7 WRs, I don't see how he makes this team. If he hadn't been an idiot after his plays, I might be inclined to give him a shot, but there was no room for error on his part.

When Mario and Crab are ready to come back, there will be another discussion. No doubt is a numbers game, but in the meantime, he will stay and will give Harbaugh some time to evaluate him in real game situations cos KR talents are hard to find, just that special teams strategic usage will warrant him a spot especially if he can prove he can do it on a consistent basis. In my opinion, it is almost impossible to teach KR, you need to have that vision and lightning decisiveness whereby in most part is instinctual. That is why LMJ can't do it, he is thinking too much and relying too heavily on what Seely has taught him. So, for now, I think the WR corps will look something like this :

• Boldin
  • Moore
  • Williams
  • Baldwin
  • Patton
  • Hawkins

They just might need to open up that 7th spot. I don't know how important do they see Osgood for kick-off recovery. Other than that, Collie might be too risky due to his concussion history. Hall might have had a chance if Hawkins didn't show he could return kicks, so I don't think it looks good for him. With Jenkins traded and Lockette cut, Jacobs is worth keeping, probably stash him onto the practice squad if they can manage it. I am so glad that Jenkins is no longer here, it really makes things a bit easier and the receiving corps better too.

I'm sorry. Hawkins won't be on the roster unless he really impresses between now and final cuts (he's got an uphill battle). He simply hasn't proved to be a consistent player at the WR position, which is what we are most in need of. Yes, he came on late, but had two drops that were inexcusable in his first game. We don't need a project who is making mental mistakes. We need a return man, but I think Williams, despite his mistakes in the NFCCG has proven to be an electric return man, and Cox and James have shown potential. So yes, guys deserve to overcome their mistakes, and Hawkins also deserves to overcome his errors, but we're not really in a position to give a roster spot to a guy who hasn't shown he is a consistent player at the WR position. He has a shot, but to put him on the roster now is premature. We need to wait to make this determination until we can see his final body of work. As it stands now, he wouldn't make this team, imo.
[ Edited by AmpLee on Aug 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM ]
Where can I watch video highlights of this game?
just watched the replay of that TD run by Hawkins, in my opinion no way that should of been called for taunting. he stuck it out in the air not even a second. but taking the helmet off, one could suspect that should of been called.
Originally posted by braap49er:
just watched the replay of that TD run by Hawkins, in my opinion no way that should of been called for taunting. he stuck it out in the air not even a second. but taking the helmet off, one could suspect that should of been called.

Correct. The taunting call was complete BS, but taking the helmet off was pure stupidity. It's not like he's a rookie.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by braap49er:

Correct. The taunting call was complete BS, but taking the helmet off was pure stupidity. It's not like he's a rookie.

yup, he hasn't earned a job on this team as of yet. he should be acting like a leader and moving on to his next assignment.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

At first I thought it was a dumb Dodger fan!
and BTW

our back ups> their starters

This!
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

At first I thought it was a dumb Dodger fan!

lol anyone got video of simpson tripping the first fan?