LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

2013 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Game 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by buck:
The guy is on the bubble. He makes two plays, and acts like a fool after each one.

Harbaugh scolds him after the first one, and then Hawkins does it again.

I think he just got himself cut.

No way will he get cut.

Let's have a sportsman bet on it, if I am wrong then be it. I am convinced Harbaugh is thinking he has found his return guy. Not only can he return, he did catch the longest pass tonight. He came in late and is finally showing what he can do.

We have one more preseason game to go, I am sure Harbaugh will put him in for KR again. If he continues to do a decent job in KR plus catching balls. He will stay and will take Collie's spot.

1. Boldin
2. Moore
3. Williams
4. Patton
5. Baldwin
6. Hall/Collie/Hawkins/Osgood

Am I missing someone? There is no guarantee we even keep 6 wrs but if we do it would only be until Manningham is back. If I was putting money on it id say chad hall gets the 6th spot if 6 wrs are kept. I am not saying I think he's necessarily the best wr of the group but just a gut feeling I have.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by cory4903:
The guy is on the bubble. He makes two plays, and acts like a fool after each one.

No way will he get cut.

Let's have a sportsman bet on it, if I am wrong then be it. I am convinced Harbaugh is thinking he has found his return guy. Not only can he return, he did catch the longest pass tonight. He came in late and is finally showing what he can do.

We have one more preseason game to go, I am sure Harbaugh will put him in for KR again. If he continues to do a decent job in KR plus catching balls. He will stay and will take Collie's spot.

1. Boldin
2. Moore
3. Williams
4. Patton
5. Baldwin
6. Hall/Collie/Hawkins/Osgood

Am I missing someone? There is no guarantee we even keep 6 wrs but if we do it would only be until Manningham is back. If I was putting money on it id say chad hall gets the 6th spot if 6 wrs are kept. I am not saying I think he's necessarily the best wr of the group but just a gut feeling I have.

Jacobs, but there's no way he makes it.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by AmpLee:

No way will he get cut.

It's a numbers game and he negated some great plays with some detrimental decisions. Boldin, Williams, Moore, Baldwin, and Patton are all locks. When Crabs and Manningham come back, at least one of these guys will have to be cut. Unless we keep 7 WRs, I don't see how he makes this team. If he hadn't been an idiot after his plays, I might be inclined to give him a shot, but there was no room for error on his part.

If that was true than VD wouldn't be on the team.

I think he's made a case to make the cut. Right now I'm saying your right with Boldin / Williams / Moore / Patton / Baldwin. Out of the others though, Hawkins seems to have the biggest upside.

Well, VD was a top ten pick with speed and size that has never been seen at the TE position. Our WR are chalk full of potential. We need sure thing guys for that sixth spot to bridge the gap between our starters coming back from injury. A project like Hawkins does us no good if he's going to get cut anyway. Although, he is still on the bubble and has one more game to give the coaches more time to supplant the other guys battling for that sixth spot. Uphill battle to say the least after tonight's mistakes.

No way coach see's a couple penalties as the huge mistakes you are making them out to be. That's a sit-down lets have a talk kind of fix. Easy s**t.

He will give him a blue collar work shirt with a patch with his name on it and Hawkins will be fine
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I guess we just have different opinions on penalties. Anthony Davis has a thousand holding calls for a while, and that got straightened out. PF are even easier to fix because they don't involve fixing actual gameplay.

If other teams took boneheaded PF's this seriously the seahawks wouldn't have a starting D.

In all honesty, his penalties weren't that bad. His inability to line up correctly on a play forcing a TO and taking his helmet off were stupid. The taunting with the ball and the head but were iffy calls. But when there's a multi-receiver battle for the sixth receiver spot (if we keep six) and there are other guys who have been more consistent, it makes no sense to keep him based on potential when we're going to end up cutting that guy when week six rolls around. Like I said, it's a numbers game and to this point he hasn't necessarily shown that he's a better option than Hall or Collie, whom have also looked good.

You're still assuming the 6th guy gets cut, which isn't necessarily true. We could also (God forbid) have an injury.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I think regardless, the 4th game decides who make that slot. If Hawkins returns well again, it's his.
mccoy looked good today.
Does anyone know how Lemonier did? I seen him get off one snap perfectly, I almost thought he was offsides. Refs didn't call it so I take he didn't
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Does anyone know how Lemonier did? I seen him get off one snap perfectly, I almost thought he was offsides. Refs didn't call it so I take he didn't

he was. refs wanted to go home.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
It's a numbers game and he negated some great plays with some detrimental decisions. Boldin, Williams, Moore, Baldwin, and Patton are all locks. When Crabs and Manningham come back, at least one of these guys will have to be cut. Unless we keep 7 WRs, I don't see how he makes this team. If he hadn't been an idiot after his plays, I might be inclined to give him a shot, but there was no room for error on his part.

When Mario and Crab are ready to come back, there will be another discussion. No doubt is a numbers game, but in the meantime, he will stay and will give Harbaugh some time to evaluate him in real game situations cos KR talents are hard to find, just that special teams strategic usage will warrant him a spot especially if he can prove he can do it on a consistent basis. In my opinion, it is almost impossible to teach KR, you need to have that vision and lightning decisiveness whereby in most part is instinctual. That is why LMJ can't do it, he is thinking too much and relying too heavily on what Seely has taught him. So, for now, I think the WR corps will look something like this :

• Boldin
  • Moore
  • Williams
  • Baldwin
  • Patton
  • Hawkins

They just might need to open up that 7th spot. I don't know how important do they see Osgood for kick-off recovery. Other than that, Collie might be too risky due to his concussion history. Hall might have had a chance if Hawkins didn't show he could return kicks, so I don't think it looks good for him. With Jenkins traded and Lockette cut, Jacobs is worth keeping, probably stash him onto the practice squad if they can manage it. I am so glad that Jenkins is no longer here, it really makes things a bit easier and the receiving corps better too.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
anyone have a gif of Boobie's impression of Jimmy Supafly Snucka?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I think regardless, the 4th game decides who make that slot. If Hawkins returns well again, it's his.

This.
Originally posted by calinig4life:

He needs a second go-to move. He's quick around the outside but that's all he does. The Viking tackles kept pushing him upfield and thereby limiting his effectiveness. He needs a surprise bullrush like Aldon or a quick inside spin like Von Miller to keep the tackle off balance.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I guess we just have different opinions on penalties. Anthony Davis has a thousand holding calls for a while, and that got straightened out. PF are even easier to fix because they don't involve fixing actual gameplay.

If other teams took boneheaded PF's this seriously the seahawks wouldn't have a starting D.

In all honesty, his penalties weren't that bad. His inability to line up correctly on a play forcing a TO and taking his helmet off were stupid. The taunting with the ball and the head but were iffy calls. But when there's a multi-receiver battle for the sixth receiver spot (if we keep six) and there are other guys who have been more consistent, it makes no sense to keep him based on potential when we're going to end up cutting that guy when week six rolls around. Like I said, it's a numbers game and to this point he hasn't necessarily shown that he's a better option than Hall or Collie, whom have also looked good.

Come on, yes they were stupid, but don't get all hung up by it. Harbaugh knows what he saw in that kick return TD, afterall he also knows he is not dealing with a guy named TO. He will tell Hawkins off big time and that will be the end of it.
Come on, yes they were stupid, but don't get all hung up by it. Harbaugh knows what he saw in that kick return TD, afterall he also knows he is not dealing with a guy named TO. He will tell Hawkins off big time and that will be the end of it.

He will give him that blue collar work jersey with his name on the tag
Share 49ersWebzone