There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Game 3)

Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Let's not blow it out of proportion here, is only a preseason game. He will be told off by Harbaugh, end of story. Meanwhile, Harbaugh knows he has found our return guy. Trust me, Harbaugh and his coaching staff will be looking at that return film and drooling all over it.

You might be right. Let's see what happens. I have been wrong before. Maybe, I am just too pissed at Hawkins.
At least the drives ended with scores
But coach it came down like a punt
Harbs said McCoy is the backup

HES A GONER
My biggest impression from the game. Damn the starting D looked sexy.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,646
Originally posted by olapac:
He wasn't making our team, but there are other teams out there desperate for playmakers. I saw the Jets game yesterday - their skill guys are TERRIBLE and he would make an immediate impact. He's auditioning for other teams, but who's gonna sign a guy that gets 3 personal foul penalties in one game???

Two were one the return, but one those turned down. He got another on the reception.

Are those the three or did he have another one?
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Harbs said McCoy is the backup

HES A GONER

lol traded tomorrow for another teams disappointing backup QB. I will piss my pants if that happens.
who ever drafted ponder should loose his job. what a terrible pick!
RE: Hawkins

You can fix boneheaded stuff. You can't fix no talent. They'll keep him because he's got talent.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Harbs said McCoy is the backup

HES A GONER

lol traded tomorrow for another teams disappointing backup QB. I will piss my pants if that happens.

Daniels continues to impress.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by olapac:
He wasn't making our team, but there are other teams out there desperate for playmakers. I saw the Jets game yesterday - their skill guys are TERRIBLE and he would make an immediate impact. He's auditioning for other teams, but who's gonna sign a guy that gets 3 personal foul penalties in one game???

Two were one the return, but one those turned down. He got another on the reception.

Are those the three or did he have another one?

No, I meant those 3. The double penalty on the return was special though
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
But coach it came down like a punt

Originally posted by buck:
The guy is on the bubble. He makes two plays, and acts like a fool after each one.

Harbaugh scolds him after the first one, and then Hawkins does it again.

I think he just got himself cut.


No way will he get cut.

Let's have a sportsman bet on it, if I am wrong then be it. I am convinced Harbaugh is thinking he has found his return guy. Not only can he return, he did catch the longest pass tonight. He came in late and is finally showing what he can do.

We have one more preseason game to go, I am sure Harbaugh will put him in for KR again. If he continues to do a decent job in KR plus catching balls. He will stay and will take Collie's spot.
Vance Mcdonald looked like he was jumping hurdles.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 16,927
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by buck:
The guy is on the bubble. He makes two plays, and acts like a fool after each one.

Harbaugh scolds him after the first one, and then Hawkins does it again.

I think he just got himself cut.


No way will he get cut.

Let's have a sportsman bet on it, if I am wrong then be it. I am convinced Harbaugh is thinking he has found his return guy. Not only can he return, he did catch the longest pass tonight. He came in late and is finally showing what he can do.

We have one more preseason game to go, I am sure Harbaugh will put him in for KR again. If he continues to do a decent job in KR plus catching balls. He will stay and will take Collie's spot.

It's a numbers game and he negated some great plays with some detrimental decisions. Boldin, Williams, Moore, Baldwin, and Patton are all locks. When Crabs and Manningham come back, at least one of these guys will have to be cut. Unless we keep 7 WRs, I don't see how he makes this team. If he hadn't been an idiot after his plays, I might be inclined to give him a shot, but there was no room for error on his part.