LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

2013 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Game 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Harbs said McCoy is the backup

HES A GONER

lol traded tomorrow for another teams disappointing backup QB. I will piss my pants if that happens.

Daniels continues to impress.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by olapac:
He wasn't making our team, but there are other teams out there desperate for playmakers. I saw the Jets game yesterday - their skill guys are TERRIBLE and he would make an immediate impact. He's auditioning for other teams, but who's gonna sign a guy that gets 3 personal foul penalties in one game???

Two were one the return, but one those turned down. He got another on the reception.

Are those the three or did he have another one?

No, I meant those 3. The double penalty on the return was special though
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
But coach it came down like a punt

• Rascal
  • Veteran
The guy is on the bubble. He makes two plays, and acts like a fool after each one.

Harbaugh scolds him after the first one, and then Hawkins does it again.

I think he just got himself cut.

No way will he get cut.

Let's have a sportsman bet on it, if I am wrong then be it. I am convinced Harbaugh is thinking he has found his return guy. Not only can he return, he did catch the longest pass tonight. He came in late and is finally showing what he can do.

We have one more preseason game to go, I am sure Harbaugh will put him in for KR again. If he continues to do a decent job in KR plus catching balls. He will stay and will take Collie's spot.
Vance Mcdonald looked like he was jumping hurdles.
I love me some #35
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Rascal:
The guy is on the bubble. He makes two plays, and acts like a fool after each one.

No way will he get cut.

Let's have a sportsman bet on it, if I am wrong then be it. I am convinced Harbaugh is thinking he has found his return guy. Not only can he return, he did catch the longest pass tonight. He came in late and is finally showing what he can do.

We have one more preseason game to go, I am sure Harbaugh will put him in for KR again. If he continues to do a decent job in KR plus catching balls. He will stay and will take Collie's spot.

It's a numbers game and he negated some great plays with some detrimental decisions. Boldin, Williams, Moore, Baldwin, and Patton are all locks. When Crabs and Manningham come back, at least one of these guys will have to be cut. Unless we keep 7 WRs, I don't see how he makes this team. If he hadn't been an idiot after his plays, I might be inclined to give him a shot, but there was no room for error on his part.

If that was true than VD wouldn't be on the team.

I think he's made a case to make the cut. Right now I'm saying your right with Boldin / Williams / Moore / Patton / Baldwin. Out of the others though, Hawkins seems to have the biggest upside.
hawkins makes the team only to get cut when manningham and crabtree come back?
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Aug 25, 2013 at 8:38 PM ]
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by ads_2006:
hawkins makes the team only to get cut when manningham and crabtree come back?

I could definitely see that happening.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RexAriel:
My biggest impression from the game. Damn the starting D looked sexy.

so did the second and third unit, even though the a*****e vikes were playing their first unit vs our third unit. alot of guys looked good , still trying to figure out the kickoff and punt returners as a possible elbow injury to james may have thrown a monkey wrench into that happy for baldwin, laughing at the guys who were declaring dawson akers jr a few weeks ago. i am sorry I ever wanted dixon gone in favor of rock cartwright one year ago
Originally posted by Team49ers:

I just LOVED how after he hurdled dude, he straight punished the next defender.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by Rascal:

No way will he get cut.

It's a numbers game and he negated some great plays with some detrimental decisions. Boldin, Williams, Moore, Baldwin, and Patton are all locks. When Crabs and Manningham come back, at least one of these guys will have to be cut. Unless we keep 7 WRs, I don't see how he makes this team. If he hadn't been an idiot after his plays, I might be inclined to give him a shot, but there was no room for error on his part.

If that was true than VD wouldn't be on the team.

I think he's made a case to make the cut. Right now I'm saying your right with Boldin / Williams / Moore / Patton / Baldwin. Out of the others though, Hawkins seems to have the biggest upside.

Well, VD was a top ten pick with speed and size that has never been seen at the TE position. Our WR are chalk full of potential. We need sure thing guys for that sixth spot to bridge the gap between our starters coming back from injury. A project like Hawkins does us no good if he's going to get cut anyway. Although, he is still on the bubble and has one more game to give the coaches more time to supplant the other guys battling for that sixth spot. Uphill battle to say the least after tonight's mistakes.

No way coach see's a couple penalties as the huge mistakes you are making them out to be. That's a sit-down lets have a talk kind of fix. Easy s**t.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Team49ers:

I just LOVED how after he hurdled dude, he straight punished the next defender.

Begining too look like an EPIC draft
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I guess we just have different opinions on penalties. Anthony Davis has a thousand holding calls for a while, and that got straightened out. PF are even easier to fix because they don't involve fixing actual gameplay.

If other teams took boneheaded PF's this seriously the seahawks wouldn't have a starting D.
Share 49ersWebzone