There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Whats up with Mario Manningham?

Originally posted by Buchy:
He can get open, that's the main thing - Kap was using him quite a lot before the injury.

Mario and kap had great chemistry, and yes, mario can get some nice separation
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Buchy:
He can get open, that's the main thing - Kap was using him quite a lot before the injury.

Mario and kap had great chemistry, and yes, mario can get some nice separation

It's only a matter of time... then we have a #2 / #3 WR with our #1 coming down the pipe!

Championship teams don't peak in Sept / Oct, they come together in Dec and Jan, I think we'll be hitting on all cylinders by then.
Based on his comments today, I'm beginning to more and more think his return will not come until after the bye.

He does not sound like he is ready to hit the field for game action at all. And I mean, after tearing multiple ligaments I'm not surprised. 3-4 weeks of practice including that bye should certainly help regain a little bit. But we're going to need him late in the season.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Based on his comments today, I'm beginning to more and more think his return will not come until after the bye.

He does not sound like he is ready to hit the field for game action at all. And I mean, after tearing multiple ligaments I'm not surprised. 3-4 weeks of practice including that bye should certainly help regain a little bit. But we're going to need him late in the season.

this is what I'm thinking...perfect world, we win by running the ball the next 2 games, get MM back after the bye and once he really gets going, Crabs returns. Now that would be amazing for this team. Also really hoping the young DL Tank and Dial along with CB Wright can come add something to this team.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Based on his comments today, I'm beginning to more and more think his return will not come until after the bye.

He does not sound like he is ready to hit the field for game action at all. And I mean, after tearing multiple ligaments I'm not surprised. 3-4 weeks of practice including that bye should certainly help regain a little bit. But we're going to need him late in the season.

this is what I'm thinking...perfect world, we win by running the ball the next 2 games, get MM back after the bye and once he really gets going, Crabs returns. Now that would be amazing for this team. Also really hoping the young DL Tank and Dial along with CB Wright can come add something to this team.

Two-three weeks after the bye, Patton could be joining as well.
Nice to see help is coming. Luckily we don't face the toughest teams in the Titans (i'm aware this team is solid but not an elite team) and the jags before the bye so we can rest our players for the last part of the season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,738
no need to rush him and have something blow up,. just ease him in. it has been interesting without him but we have survived and i am sure we can survive another week or two without him, so no need to get shrill and start screaming we need to trade for someone, give him some time. we have won three in a a row without him and can survive another game or two
I don't expect to see any of the guys coming off PUP until after the bye.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,738
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I don't expect to see any of the guys coming off PUP until after the bye.

i bet we see wright and one of the kids on the d line this sunday??
Manningham did an interveiw with Cohn. Its on NN. Essentially the injury messed with his head and he doesnt even know if he will be able to play this season.

Nah it looks like hes shooting for the bye week but then again he didnt really say for sure. Pulled a Harbaugh.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,931
Originally posted by NinerGod:
We're talking about practice man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOxUAntx8I
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,931
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I don't expect to see any of the guys coming off PUP until after the bye.

Think we get Purcell in the lineup if Dorsey isn't quite ready?
Originally posted by LVJay:
Think we get Purcell in the lineup if Dorsey isn't quite ready?

I dont see any other options unless theyre going to roll wirh Dial and TJE which is dumb.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,486
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Two-three weeks after the bye, Patton could be joining as well.

cut kyle at that time.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,738
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Think we get Purcell in the lineup if Dorsey isn't quite ready?

I dont see any other options unless theyre going to roll wirh Dial and TJE which is dumb.

i know we are getting by but it is kind of scary when you got two guys who are playing hurt and depth is razor thin. i am pretty sure at least one of these three guys will plays sunday