LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Whats up with Mario Manningham?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by susweel:
My sources have told me that he is not taking his rehab seriously and has been missing sessions.

he went to Rehab for his nose

he should take Dixon with him
Really can't believe people actually expected him to be ready after tearing MULTIPLE ligaments (not just his ACL) at the end of December. 9 months is nowhere near enough for him to recover from surgery/those repairs, rehabilitate, and then practice to get into football shape to play.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Really can't believe people actually expected him to be ready after tearing MULTIPLE ligaments (not just his ACL) at the end of December. 9 months is nowhere near enough for him to recover from surgery/those repairs, rehabilitate, and then practice to get into football shape to play.

at some point this year he will be
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

Manningham will start season on PUP list, Harbaugh said.

figured that.

whats the word on KW?

He's already been activated from the injury list. He was in uniform and warming up before the Chiefs game started but I guess they decided to sit him, probably because he's a lock to make the team.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
at some point this year he will be

Healthy isn't the same thing as game ready. Dude's knee got absolutely wrecked, even when he's "ready to go", it doesn't mean he'll be playing the way he was before.
They're saying he'll be back by the Titans game, but there is a bye week after that game, so probably the second half of the season at best.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
They're saying he'll be back by the Titans game, but there is a bye week after that game, so probably the second half of the season at best.
No it's Titans then Jaguars in London then Bye so if they wanted to could keep him out until week 10. Probably won't need him for Titans or Jaguars depending on how things are going. That being said we would have to have him on the roster for week 7 and 8 so someone would have to get cut when we bring him back from PUP. We would just have him inactive those 2 weeks if we wanted to rest him the extra 3 (2 games, 1 bye). So at worst we have him out for 8 games and bye week and able to help us for the playoff run and hopefully into the playoffs.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 18, 2013 at 9:37 PM ]
Originally posted by GNielsen:

God we NEED Moore (since he looks like starter opposite Boldin) to step it up. It will be awesome if we can still play great without Crabs and Mario then get them back throughout the season to bolster the offense. Still a little worried about WR.
The thing about Moore is that he can flat-out fly. He was clocked at a 4.49 40, but he seems faster than that. He gets separation.
So whats the word on this guy? anyone hear anything? I think he can come back from PUP after week 6 if i am not mistaken? Is he ready?

He is expected to begin practice next week per Harbaugh
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Nice. I was wondering if he would be activated right away. Lets hope so.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Good. Any word on if any of the other PUP members are gonna practice next week as well?

After week 6 is the magic number when these guy can start to practice.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Good. Any word on if any of the other PUP members are gonna practice next week as well?

About to start having some interesting roster decisions. If Manningham is ready to go who's spot does he take. Marlon Moore most likely.

If Tank is ready to go. That LB Cunningham we recently signed. What about Dial? Dobbs, Jerod-Eddie?
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

About to start having some interesting roster decisions. If Manningham is ready to go who's spot does he take. Marlon Moore most likely.

If Tank is ready to go. That LB Cunningham we recently signed. What about Dial? Dobbs, Jerod-Eddie?

We really need tank to be ready, especially with Mcdonald injury.
Share 49ersWebzone