LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

Whats up with Mario Manningham?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Get him a few reps before the bye week. Then he will have the bye to deal with any soreness before full time duty
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Artical on front page said could be activated this wk! Kinda could see them activating him then holding out til carolina to play em

get him reps now, doesn't make sense to hold him out. he hasn't been sitting around since his injury he's been rehabbing and in the film room and wr meetings and everything else, he just gets to be on the field now. holding him out an extra week doesn't do any good.

let him run a few plays this week, then see how his body reacts to it, if positive great if not positive he has another 2 weeks before he has to give it a go again.

Im with you on this! Tho coachs have to activate mario first.

LOL it is good to know we have a list of EXP doctors and coaches on this board that knows what is best for the team and visit inside the 49ers locker room daily. Too bad our front office and coaching/medical staff does not know what they are doing.

Never said i was tho if mario is ready a few plays vs opposition mite not be a bad idea whats so ever. Get that first tackle, cut, catch in confidence builder if ya will. Tho if he aint ready or coachs choose to wait til carolina thats fine too! Obviously harbaugh baalke n their staff know their s**t, and have shown us this from the start til now. Wouldnt you agree?
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Manningham at 90% is better than all the other WRs we have today (exc Boldin). I hope he can come back after the bye.

It'll be a while before both Manningham and Crabtree are back to normal playing time.

We may not see this til playoffs, or even next season! Im hoping before or come playoff time. Tho when on field they would still have to be accounted for
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Artical on front page said could be activated this wk! Kinda could see them activating him then holding out til carolina to play em

get him reps now, doesn't make sense to hold him out. he hasn't been sitting around since his injury he's been rehabbing and in the film room and wr meetings and everything else, he just gets to be on the field now. holding him out an extra week doesn't do any good.

let him run a few plays this week, then see how his body reacts to it, if positive great if not positive he has another 2 weeks before he has to give it a go again.

Im with you on this! Tho coachs have to activate mario first.

LOL it is good to know we have a list of EXP doctors and coaches on this board that knows what is best for the team and visit inside the 49ers locker room daily. Too bad our front office and coaching/medical staff does not know what they are doing.

That's a valid point, but it's maybe also worth noting that giving him a few snaps vs the worst team in the league to build his confidence is better than throwing him untested into a potentially difficult game with a good team (Panthers).
Good news.

Wide receiver Mario Manningham may be a couple weeks away from suiting up for the 49ers again, but a touchdown catch in practice sparked a team-wide celebration here.

"Everyone just went nuts, welcoming him back," offensive coordinator Greg Roman said.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Good news.

Wide receiver Mario Manningham may be a couple weeks away from suiting up for the 49ers again, but a touchdown catch in practice sparked a team-wide celebration here.

"Everyone just went nuts, welcoming him back," offensive coordinator Greg Roman said.

That news made my day. The timing couldn't be better for his return.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

No kidding. Made my day as well. Providing we can take care of business against the Jags we're looking good coming out of the bye against the Panthers. GO NINERS GO!
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

No kidding. Made my day as well. Providing we can take care of business against the Jags we're looking good coming out of the bye against the Panthers. GO NINERS GO!

Going into the second half and getting players back...so much better than...I'm stoked!
Mario won't play Sunday...this is his first week of practice since late last year. He needs a lot more reps in practice before he gets on the field. He did catch a TD yesterday and his teammates erupted with joy. However, that's just one small step toward getting back on the field. Understand about catching that first pass, getting that first hit in a real game...and that'll come, just not yet. It's good they have a bye after Sunday's game. That'll get him a lot further down the road. He'll likely play some against the Panthers and progressively more as the rest of the season unfolds. One thing in favor of both Mario and Crabtree is these guys run excellent routes...so even with some limitations on their early play, they can still contribute.
Counting down the days we go 3 wr sets with crab, boldin and Mario placing fair Kyle on the bench where he belongs

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Counting down the days we go 3 wr sets with crab, boldin and Mario placing fair Kyle on the bench where he belongs

Most zoners will have your head for not saying "the street"
No need to rush him back vs the sorry ass jags!
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Mario won't play Sunday...this is his first week of practice since late last year. He needs a lot more reps in practice before he gets on the field. He did catch a TD yesterday and his teammates erupted with joy. However, that's just one small step toward getting back on the field. Understand about catching that first pass, getting that first hit in a real game...and that'll come, just not yet. It's good they have a bye after Sunday's game. That'll get him a lot further down the road. He'll likely play some against the Panthers and progressively more as the rest of the season unfolds. One thing in favor of both Mario and Crabtree is these guys run excellent routes...so even with some limitations on their early play, they can still contribute.

I doubt they'll cut a player while over seas.
Good news.

Great to hear!

Honest question for you guys...where will Manningham play? I hope to God HaRoMan don't put him out at the X (where Baldwin/Williams currently play). Williams is a nightmare out there but Baldwin is ideal b/c his size and willingness to block and block well on that edge is critical to our outside running game and screens (RB or WR) and slants. We, for whatever reason, only throw Baldwin a bone once or twice a game. I fear having Manningham out on that edge blocking for the annointed receiver and in the run game outside, he is putting himself at a big-time risk to reinjury that knee. I'd hope they'd sit Williams, keep Baldwin out a the X (throw him a few more bones) and slide Manningham inside to work the slot (clean release off the LOS). That would be ideal. Therefore, I don't see our coaches doing this. LOL

PS: D/t the heavy TE formations, we don't use the slot as a true WR option very much.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NJNiner:
No need to rush him back vs the sorry ass jags!

however it is a perfect starting point. he does not have to be great right away,, you put him in there to shake off the rust like you would during a pre season game. you need him to be very good against better teams down the road .As mr spock says,, for everything there is a beginning and i believe this sunday, even for just a few plays and a few balls thrown to him,,,,, this is marios beginning
Share 49ersWebzone