There are 212 users in the forums

Whats up with Mario Manningham?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I'm excited for Manningham to come back. He's by no means gonna save our WR corps, and he'd probably be a low-end #2 WR on other teams (or an excellent #3 on others), but he's a legit WR. He's not going to catch 10 balls for 200 yards, but he'll catch 3 or 4 key ones for 50 yards.

With Frank Gore running well, Boldin taking up double-teams, VD presenting match-up problems, and the threat of a Kaep scramble, Manningham will have opportunities that he will definitely win.

The question is, how will he, and Michael Crabtree, look coming off injuries. With those two healthy and playing at a decent level, it puts us back at the Super Bowl contender level that I think we'd fallen off of early in the season. Right now, I think we're kind of iffy.

The threat of crabs n mario has to be respected by opposing defences! They wanna play them soft n stay doubling boldin then its easy pickings for sure. Same with davis, it becomes a pick your poison. With davis crabs boldin mario, gore and the threat of kaep and yes the passes to miller! It opens us up on offense imo

A much better second receiver than we have right now Wubbie! I'm excited by the prospect as well. And Frankie--can't wait for Boldin, VD, Crabtree and Manningham to be on the field together! With either Gore or Hunter as the escape valve...CK can stay in the pocket and just relax. None of those guys are going to stretch the field as much as I would like but they can all go deep and require the defense to be honest. We've been waiting for so long...we deserve it!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I'm excited for Manningham to come back. He's by no means gonna save our WR corps, and he'd probably be a low-end #2 WR on other teams (or an excellent #3 on others), but he's a legit WR. He's not going to catch 10 balls for 200 yards, but he'll catch 3 or 4 key ones for 50 yards.

With Frank Gore running well, Boldin taking up double-teams, VD presenting match-up problems, and the threat of a Kaep scramble, Manningham will have opportunities that he will definitely win.

The question is, how will he, and Michael Crabtree, look coming off injuries. With those two healthy and playing at a decent level, it puts us back at the Super Bowl contender level that I think we'd fallen off of early in the season. Right now, I think we're kind of iffy.

The threat of crabs n mario has to be respected by opposing defences! They wanna play them soft n stay doubling boldin then its easy pickings for sure. Same with davis, it becomes a pick your poison. With davis crabs boldin mario, gore and the threat of kaep and yes the passes to miller! It opens us up on offense imo

A much better second receiver than we have right now Wubbie! I'm excited by the prospect as well. And Frankie--can't wait for Boldin, VD, Crabtree and Manningham to be on the field together! With either Gore or Hunter as the escape valve...CK can stay in the pocket and just relax. None of those guys are going to stretch the field as much as I would like but they can all go deep and require the defense to be honest. We've been waiting for so long...we deserve it!

Oooh hell yeah we have! Its been since last season since crabs n mario lined up together in game! Our team showed what it takes to win while dinged up. Took heart and straight whooping ass! With our key guys back, knocking that rust off, the possibilities are virtually endless. Crabs is beast, his hands of excellence, mario has proven clutch in biggest of games. Vernon good luck chasing him! And boldin wow the strength and physicality of this guy is unmeasured imo by wrs! So who to cover?!!!!! Defensive coordinator nightmare! As ya said frankie g, hunter and other weapons such as even the read option. Man i am soooo stoked to see this play out. Just in time for saints, wash, seattle, and soon to be playoffs!!!!
Getting exciting
And aldons return sooon
Hellyeah
Goniners
any chance rio gets activated for sundays game??

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
any chance rio gets activated for sundays game??

Artical on front page said could be activated this wk! Kinda could see them activating him then holding out til carolina to play em
I am thinking he will play in the Carolina game after the bye.
Artical on front page said could be activated this wk! Kinda could see them activating him then holding out til carolina to play em

get him reps now, doesn't make sense to hold him out. he hasn't been sitting around since his injury he's been rehabbing and in the film room and wr meetings and everything else, he just gets to be on the field now. holding him out an extra week doesn't do any good.

let him run a few plays this week, then see how his body reacts to it, if positive great if not positive he has another 2 weeks before he has to give it a go again.
not playing sunday
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I am thinking he will play in the Carolina game after the bye.

Same. I'm highly confident he will be ready 2 weeks from now. It would probably be difficult to integrate him into the gameplan this week given the extra burden of traveling to London.
i think they activate him this week to get him some reps he can practice all he wants but they need to get him feel for the game again against the jags is the time to do it
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

get him reps now, doesn't make sense to hold him out. he hasn't been sitting around since his injury he's been rehabbing and in the film room and wr meetings and everything else, he just gets to be on the field now. holding him out an extra week doesn't do any good.

let him run a few plays this week, then see how his body reacts to it, if positive great if not positive he has another 2 weeks before he has to give it a go again.

Im with you on this! Tho coachs have to activate mario first.

Originally posted by jonesadrian:

Im with you on this! Tho coachs have to activate mario first.

LOL it is good to know we have a list of EXP doctors and coaches on this board that knows what is best for the team and visit inside the 49ers locker room daily. Too bad our front office and coaching/medical staff does not know what they are doing.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
he better not be active for this game. just have him sit out till carolina.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he better not be active for this game. just have him sit out till carolina.

I agree, no need to push him in yet.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
LOL it is good to know we have a list of EXP doctors and coaches on this board that knows what is best for the team and visit inside the 49ers locker room daily. Too bad our front office and coaching/medical staff does not know what they are doing.

funny you say this when they haven't made a decision yet. same people that said that they wouldn't activate dial and they did.

we don't know these are suggestions but people act as if he hasn't been allowed to do anything... he has, just wasn't allowed to practice with the team until last week.

we have a bye few snaps after the game see how it is, if its fine great if its not he has 2 extra weeks to get ready to give it a go for the rest of the season.

if he makes his debut against the panthers, and then he needs the extra 2 weeks, that's 2 more games he's missed...
Manningham at 90% is better than all the other WRs we have today (exc Boldin). I hope he can come back after the bye.

It'll be a while before both Manningham and Crabtree are back to normal playing time.
Share 49ersWebzone