LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

What is your biggest concern after seeing Broncos game (preseason)?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is your biggest concern after seeing Broncos game (preseason)?

Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I would say backup OT.. but in games that matter, I suspect Boone would kick out if need be. So... I say backup QB.

Moving Boone out to OT would disrupt the consistency all along the OL. Maybe if there was a major injury to Staley or Davis we would probably move Boone out to OT during the week. But in a game, it would probably be a guy off the bench. Probably Adam Snyder since he is the only OL we have that is good enough to make the team that has any experience at OT.

I was really hoping we would draft an OT in the mid-rounds or find a decent FA. Instead, we brought back Snyder... who is only decent as a guard. But still, even he would be better than the scrubs I saw on the field last night.

This is from the Bob McKittrick days of OL coaching. It is why the Niners draft veratile OL players. You need the best 5 OL starting with a focus on the OT or book ends.

The Niners absolutely would kick Boone out to OT if one went down to injury. They have several folks who can play guard to replace Boone.

Would you rather have

LT- Boone
LG Iupati
C- Goodwin
RG- Kilgore/Snyder or Looney
RT- Davis

or
LT Snyder- Wiggins
LG Iupati
C Goodwin
RG Boone
RT Davis

No in a game Boone is the first guy to move to tackle, it happened a number of different times last year, and it's well documented. Boone has been the back up OT for years now!
Depth, at WR, OL, and MLB
''What is your biggest concern after seeing Broncos game (preseason)?''

That to Zone will flip the f**k out, and we will see 1000 new threads on ''Fire Trent Baalke, Jim Harbaugh and cut Kaepernick NOW''

Bout it really.
[ Edited by 49erSooner on Aug 10, 2013 at 7:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone