There are 180 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What is your biggest concern after seeing Broncos game (preseason)?

What is your biggest concern after seeing Broncos game (preseason)?

Concerned:

• WR play until Manningham and Williams are healthy, when Crabs is back, we'll be fine. Until then, it should be tough.
  • O-line play if/when we get an injury to our starting group.
  • QB play if Kaep goes down (which will pretty much signal the end of the season for any team)

No Concerned:

• Pass Rush - have multiple levels of pass rushers
  • TE - Vernon + McDonald + Celek is a great TE corp
  • RB - Gore + James + Hunter + Dixon will be strong
  • Boldin - Beast
  • Secondary (surprisingly, Reid looks legit)
  • 1st team O-line (Davis got beat by a ridiculous spin move by Miller, but Kaep is too fast for even Miller)
Depth is really my only concern and they still have three weeks to improve and I expect them all to improve. Any chance Boldin can play both WR spots at the same time until someone steps up? Our receiving core is subpar to say the least but the good news is that its still early and there's still plenty of time for someone to elevate their game to regular season standards.
WR's (and I'm not sold on Manningham or Williams)
Backup QB's
And the fact CK can't throw left (have this feeling he's going to be exposed)

On the plus side:
LMJ
Mackie D
Originally posted by UKNiners:

Seriously, this is the first time I've ever seen anyone with that concern. What exactly gives you that impression? Because my recollection is that he threw quite a few nice passes down the left sideline last season.
Our biggest need is still a vet swing tackle
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Seriously, this is the first time I've ever seen anyone with that concern. What exactly gives you that impression? Because my recollection is that he threw quite a few nice passes down the left sideline last season.

True. But, he favors the right - rolls out, locks in and goes. SB? Last drive. He gets away with it because he's very athletic. And I think this really shortens the field and options in the red-zone.

I know you're a huge fan, GNielson, but I have my doubts.
Absolutely nothing.

You can say backup OT but 34 NFL trams always want, yes, I know there are not 34 teams.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Absolutely nothing.

You can say backup OT but 34 NFL trams always want, yes, I know there are not 34 teams.

you could make a case for the backup quarterback job. alot may depend on colt and his m.r.i
Originally posted by UKNiners:

Our D is solid , only gave up 3 points. We don't have quality backups on the offense .
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
TURNOVERS. They could be the difference this year.

Since our first team didn't turn it over, I'm not too concerned. I didn't like seeing LMJ fumble near the opposite endzone nor did I like seeing AJ fumble. Those guys are going to be playing with the first team from time to time, so I'd like to see them make an effort to secure the ball better. The rest of the turnovers (and lack of production in general) were largely a product of very poor blocking by guys who are never going to make the team to begin with.

I thought it was Harper that fumbled? At least that is what Ryan said.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
All the worried fans after the first preseason game.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Since our first team didn't turn it over, I'm not too concerned. I didn't like seeing LMJ fumble near the opposite endzone nor did I like seeing AJ fumble. Those guys are going to be playing with the first team from time to time, so I'd like to see them make an effort to secure the ball better. The rest of the turnovers (and lack of production in general) were largely a product of very poor blocking by guys who are never going to make the team to begin with.

LMJ fumbled but we recovered. It wasn't a TO.

LMJ has now fumbled in back to back games..not good

Oh yeah, i believe it was a bad hand off. Either way, should not happen.