There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What is your biggest concern after seeing Broncos game (preseason)?

What is your biggest concern after seeing Broncos game (preseason)?

Last night's preseason game was interesting. It was certainly good to see our starting offense step out and function like a well-tuned machine to start the game (especially early in preseason). Starting OL looked great. Kap, VD, and Boldin all looked as expected. The starting defense looked great, even without Justin Smith and Patrick Willis.

So concerns mostly have to do with our depth. But from what I saw, we are 1 or 2 injuries away from being in big trouble. I'm a little worried about all of the issues listed in this poll, but my biggest (by far) is our depth at OT. Our backup tackles flat out suck. If anything happens to Staley or Davis we are in big trouble.

What are your concerns?
Our backup tackles sucked, which played a part on our backup QB's sucking. I wonder what they'd look like behind our starting O-line.
For me it was certainly WR depth. Dont get me wrong there was flashes from guys and many didnt even play so I am not as paniced as some are, but it is looking like we need Williams and Collie to stay healthy and Rio to come back soon rather than rely on some of these dudes. Still lots of preseason left though, they all have time to change my tune.

OL...not worried we know who the backups are and they arent the problem...most of the guys you saw last night are cuts and practice squad material

CB's Cox and Aso looked great and we just added another vet body with talent.

Red zone...it was one drive..get over it.

Back up QB...this was a close second but I think the line play sort of pushes this down a bit. McCoy getting hurt could be bad... but pending the test results no panic yet.

Turnovers...they dont worry me in the first preseason game...but if the same guy has a few more scattered through the rest of the way, they might not be regular season material.
It was the first f**king preseason game! Jesus Christ! 40 percent of the players won't even be on the team when the season starts, and a good amount of starters weren't even playing.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
if our third team offense has to match up against another teams third string offense or defense at some time in the regular season or post season
TURNOVERS. They could be the difference this year.
Seeing Dawsons kicks.
Drive killing penalties
Getting burned on ST again
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Aug 9, 2013 at 9:55 AM ]
I would say backup OT.. but in games that matter, I suspect Boone would kick out if need be. So... I say backup QB.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
TURNOVERS. They could be the difference this year.

Since our first team didn't turn it over, I'm not too concerned. I didn't like seeing LMJ fumble near the opposite endzone nor did I like seeing AJ fumble. Those guys are going to be playing with the first team from time to time, so I'd like to see them make an effort to secure the ball better. The rest of the turnovers (and lack of production in general) were largely a product of very poor blocking by guys who are never going to make the team to begin with.
It has to be the WR depth. The only turnover that really pissed me off was the Jenkins fumble and that goes back to the WR depth. I really hope he can get his s**t together.
My biggest concern is Tramaine Brock may have a good shot to play Cully's role in our defense. Not sure why but I think Fangio is really intrigued with him.

The other is Wr. Besides Boldin and Collie there is nothing to get excited about right now.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
It was the first f**king preseason game! Jesus Christ! 40 percent of the players won't even be on the team when the season starts, and a good amount of starters weren't even playing.

No need to overreact. Nobody here is predicting doom and gloom. We all know it is preseason and if you read my comments you would have seen that I have no concerns with our starting units. Obviously, that is what matters most.
Nothing yet, first preseason game for lots of these dudes, probably some jitters there, lets see how the next two preaseason games shake out
Originally posted by saj4423:
It has to be the WR depth. The only turnover that really pissed me off was the Jenkins fumble and that goes back to the WR depth. I really hope he can get his s**t together.

Lots of our WR's (Jenkins included) didn't get to showcase what they can do... mostly because our backup QBs had NO time to throw.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I would say backup OT.. but in games that matter, I suspect Boone would kick out if need be. So... I say backup QB.

Moving Boone out to OT would disrupt the consistency all along the OL. Maybe if there was a major injury to Staley or Davis we would probably move Boone out to OT during the week. But in a game, it would probably be a guy off the bench. Probably Adam Snyder since he is the only OL we have that is good enough to make the team that has any experience at OT.

I was really hoping we would draft an OT in the mid-rounds or find a decent FA. Instead, we brought back Snyder... who is only decent as a guard. But still, even he would be better than the scrubs I saw on the field last night.