LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

2013 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Game 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
And, could people around here get it through their melons that it's not Kaepernick v. Smith? It's Kaepernick vs. the Chief defensive 1's and Smith vs. the Niner defensive 1's. Jeez.

it's not really even that, since many starters won't even suit up, justin smith, patrick willis, etc.

I thought it was encouraging that they were able to stop Manning's no-huddle without those two. And, it will be interesting to see if they can stop the KC running game without those two.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
Are there really fans that feel that way? Do you think that?

I dont think that, ive seen that all over the webzone.

The only thing I miss about Smith is the slow drives down the field at times. Of course, I don't miss not scoring TDs. Kaep has only had 10 starts, so he may get better at it, but he's definitely more of a gunslinger. I know the object of the game is to score more points, but I'd like him to incorporate a little more eat up the clock style, when appropriate. But there is zero doubt in my mind, Kaep is a much better player.
The only thing I miss about Smith is the slow drives down the field at times. Of course, I don't miss not scoring TDs. Kaep has only had 10 starts, so he may get better at it, but he's definitely more of a gunslinger. I know the object of the game is to score more points, but I'd like him to incorporate a little more eat up the clock style, when appropriate. But there is zero doubt in my mind, Kaep is a much better player.

His only drive the other night took almost 8 minutes off the clock. I think he knows how to do it.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

His only drive the other night took almost 8 minutes off the clock. I think he knows how to do it.

I guess he's more like Alex than I thought, because that 8 minute drive ended in a field goal.

I never used the word "never" or "couldn't," but it does seem like our offense is much more of a quick strike.

I guess the only way to prove that is too look at the offense time of possession each game versus what was normal with Smith.

Eating up the clock isnt what bothered me about Kap, the big thing to me was getting plays off in time and making the right calls at the line,
"stick it to us", does Alex really believe he's better than Colin?
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
"stick it to us", does Alex really believe he's better than Colin?
He very well could be talking about our fans past coaches league players personnel razzano and various media pundits. As for Harbaugh and his staff there should be mutual appreciation because they benefitted each other. As for Kap, I am sure Alex realized that we could not keep Kap on the sideline after the NO game
is this game going to get flexed to sunday night?
Originally posted by ads_2006:
is this game going to get flexed to sunday night?

It ain't regular season and its in the middle of training camp where schedules are tight. I doubt it. Much to hard on players and coaches this time of year
Originally posted by susweel:
I hope Aldon Smith lays out Alex.

This... Fuq all that other dumb mess in seeing... I was sick of Alex while he was in the middle of his f**k ups. So we drafted Colin and he became servicable.. Reminds me of how. Drew Brees was less than stellar in San Diego and they drafted Phillip Rivers.Then Drew magically has a good season and they trade him and went with Rivers. Now maybe Alex can pull off a Drew Brees impersonation, but the bottom line is he sucked way more than the majority of the time he was here. I know some of you has attached yourselves to his nads but I good with Colin and only root for my Niners....

Well, Alex has this going for him. If alex plays like alex smith of the past eight years he will hear cheers at candlestick. So there you go, Alex will finally be cheered at the stick.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Alex gonna throw for 300 yards
Originally posted by fister30:
Well, Alex has this going for him. If alex plays like alex smith of the past eight years he will hear cheers at candlestick. So there you go, Alex will finally be cheered at the stick.

this isn't a home game
  • mod
  • Veteran
I dont understand the hate some of you guys are spewing... move on lol
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by fister30:

this isn't a home game

Share 49ersWebzone