LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

2013 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Game 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I think Tolzien ends up getting cut

so McCoy as #2 and Daniels #3

This is easily how it could end up. Tolzien, for as long as he's been in this system, hasn't really improved much from what we're seeing. And his arm...wow, that is what a pop-gun arm looks like. What saves him somewhat is he has a pretty quick release and can be accurate. You just can't watch him try to throw the ball down the field after watching Kap power the ball on a line 30 yards downfield...
Originally posted by defenderDX:
our worst concern after tonight is Special teams...

+1. What the hell is happening there? Besides the long field goals by Dawson and the blocked punt by Haralson (preseason MVP so far?), our Special Teams have been atrocious. Some guys are really on their way to losing jobs in a hurry with what we're seeing.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Well, we aren't a good preseason team

would you rather be a good preseason team and go 4-0 like we did in the 2010 season under DIngleberry and then start out 0-6?

lol, it was supposed to be a joke... no, the final score in preseason is meaningless, but the dropoff at some positions is pretty alarming. We are a great team, but we do lack depth at certain positions.

and, like you said, ST remains a big concern.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

This is easily how it could end up. Tolzien, for as long as he's been in this system, hasn't really improved much from what we're seeing. And his arm...wow, that is what a pop-gun arm looks like. What saves him somewhat is he has a pretty quick release and can be accurate. You just can't watch him try to throw the ball down the field after watching Kap power the ball on a line 30 yards downfield...

Tolzien's mechanics are horrible, no arm strength at all too

its like shaun hill back there
Anyone know where we can re-watch the full game?
Originally posted by darkknight49:

its like shaun hill back there

shaun hill would be a great #2
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Rascal:
I am pretty sure Moore is a lock, they even sent him up to the press podium for an interview. I think they still aren't sure with the rest. There are names that people just assume will be cut cos they have been low profile such as Jacobs, but I think he can play, they just need to see more overall from the rest.

Boldin, Wiiliams, Moore, Patton, Collie, Jenkins?

That's my bet

Good question. But, what about special teams ? Jenkins can't play ST. My guess is Lockette or Osgood needs to be one of them unless that is they open up one more spot for WRs to make it 7.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

AND STAY DOWN

Really don't care about the draft pick compensation....I would have gladly accepted a bag of Lays for #11.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Rascal:
I am pretty sure Moore is a lock, they even sent him up to the press podium for an interview. I think they still aren't sure with the rest. There are names that people just assume will be cut cos they have been low profile such as Jacobs, but I think he can play, they just need to see more overall from the rest.

So let's say Moore is lighting up practice so much that they aren't giving him many reps in a game because he is a lock. I just don't see the purpose of that as the guy doesn't have much game experience at WR. If we know he is going to make the team no need to hide him. You could be right though right now seems like Moore, Hall or Collie have the best shot to get the 1 or 2 spots. Seems like Lockette is slipping.

and side note Dawson with 55, 55, 42 and last game 32, 38. Missed 44 I believe so is 5/6. And not that it matters since it's pre season but if he doesn't make those 2 55 yarders we lose.

Lockette has slipped no doubt through camp. But, he may still have a trump card up his sleeves and that is special teams. I believe either Lockette or Osgood will have to be on the roster. That goes back to this whole Jenkins thing. 6 WR spots just aren't enough if it needs to cover ST as well. If they keep Jenkins, they might just need to open up one more WR spot to make it 7.

Did Dawson miss an Extra Point???? We still don't have a capable kicker???
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

I take it you didnt watch the game?

He made 2 from 55 tonight
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

He made 2 from 55 tonight

Both splitting the uprights
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

AND STAY DOWN

Really don't care about the draft pick compensation....I would have gladly accepted a bag of Lays for #11.

No. Not really. We needed the draft pick compensation because Colt and Scott shows you how we could be one play away from the backup QB and in Alex's case we were 19-5-1 with him under Harbaugh. I am certainly not sure the same could be said for Colt or Scott and not even BJ yet as he is still learning QB, WR, RB and PR
Share 49ersWebzone