LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

2013 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Game 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luis1985:
Lol it's funny how people are happy about "finally" winning a preseason game haha. Anyways, the two backup QBs suck big time, Daniels could jump to 2nd string if he does good next two games. Next game I want to see Keap scoring though with no field goals and punts. I want a nice TD drive by him and the first sting offense.

Is about time Kap got more snaps to make a TD drive. Likewise, same goes with BJ, give him more snaps, let's see whether he can be consistent and let him loose if he must scramble on broken up plays. Then, later on work out who to cut between McCoy and Tolzien.
Originally posted by Rascal:
That's the big question. Between McCoy and Tolzien, who has played better so far ? That's a tough one cos both have been equally crap.

Its not so much who's played better, as to who is a better fit. Tolzien has been in this system for awhile, he shouldn't look so lost out there, I think for McCoy a lot of it is finding his comfort zone but he has good athleticism and will be a solid fit as the #2 guy. As far as Tolzien goes...adios hombre.
Originally posted by luis1985:
Lol it's funny how people are happy about "finally" winning a preseason game haha. Anyways, the two backup QBs suck big time, Daniels could jump to 2nd string if he does good next two games. Next game I want to see Keap scoring though with no field goals and punts. I want a nice TD drive by him and the first sting offense.

I think Kap plays deep into the 2nd quarter
Well that was a 1st. I've never seem a preseason game with more different approaches to starters pt then that. I'm not sure if I learned much of anything. Our depth at certain positions (cb, olb) is pretty good I guess?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Alex Smith was pressured a lot, threw the ball away a bunch, threw it at the ground a few times, made some checkdown passes, made some other nice passes that his WR's dropped. He got run over and sacked a couple of times, including a big one by Haralson. Kaepernick was in for 5 plays, missed a long, downfield strike to Hall, Gore went wild, had a 50 yard run, Dawson made 3 field goals, including 2 from 55 yards out. McCoy and Tolzien played like crap, Jewel Hampton hogged the ball and averaged less than 2 yards per carry, he looked flat out awful. Jenkins made a 21 yard catch that was brought back due to holding. Perrish Cox and Parys Haralson were on that beast mode time. Lemonier and Nick Moody looked very good. BJ Daniels came in and led a 70+ yard scoring drive for the W, making some beautiful passes and showing good athleticism in the process.

Thanks, man! Disappointed to see the starting O go three & out and Kaep go 1 for 2 for negative yards. But it's such a small sample size I'm not making anything of it. It sounds like BJ earned another look next week. I hope he turns out to be the diamond in the rough he seemed to be this game.
[ Edited by USArmyParatrooper on Aug 16, 2013 at 8:51 PM ]
So glad CK is our starter
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Daniels proved he could be the third QB, don't exaggerate everything.
Alex Smith was pressured a lot, threw the ball away a bunch, threw it at the ground a few times, made some checkdown passes, made some other nice passes that his WR's dropped. He got run over and sacked a couple of times, including a big one by Haralson. Kaepernick was in for 5 plays, missed a long, downfield strike to Hall, Gore went wild, had a 50 yard run, Dawson made 3 field goals, including 2 from 55 yards out. McCoy and Tolzien played like crap, Jewel Hampton hogged the ball and averaged less than 2 yards per carry, he looked flat out awful. Jenkins made a 21 yard catch that was brought back due to holding. Perrish Cox and Parys Haralson were on that beast mode time. Lemonier and Nick Moody looked very good. BJ Daniels came in and led a 70+ yard scoring drive for the W, making some beautiful passes and showing good athleticism in the process.

Thanks, man! Disappointed to see the starting O go three & out and Kaep go 1 for 2 for negative yards. But it's such a small sample size I'm not making anything of it. It sounds like BJ earned another look next week. I hope he turns out to be the diamond in the rough he seemed to be this game.

They didn't go 3 and out.
For game 3 I want to see:

-Daniels get a quarter or more
-Collie, Moore, Lockette and Jacobs with the 1st string offense at some point. (especially collie)
-I want to see less Osgood. just not a part of our future
-If Hunter is ready to go I'd like him to get a few carries
-Get Jenkins in the game, we sent him on reverses 5 times in 2 games and every time went up the middle. GIVE HIM 1! Bubble screen, quick pass something!
-Give Cox more punt and kick returns against their #1 team. Why so set on James who hasn't done anything?

Also, did Moore even play? Not sure he is even PS eligible and if he is a lock to make the roster what benefit do we have by not giving him reps in games?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 16, 2013 at 8:57 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I think Tolzien ends up getting cut

so McCoy as #2 and Daniels #3

That's the big question. Between McCoy and Tolzien, who has played better so far ? That's a tough one cos both have been equally crap.

I think we keep McCoy based on the fact he has regular season starts under his belt and that we traded for him. He showed some improv running for some first downs, though him and Tolzien looked bad.

That would be the logical answer. But, I am just thinking who has shown a bit more composure. I need to watch the tape. I seem to recall McCoy has been pretty shaky. I don't know I am not sure. But, frankly at this point is probably a moot point cos both just look crap out here. If BJ pans out, we might need to rethink about the #3 QB option at some point cos I would be crapping in my pants watching either McCoy and Tolzien play for us in a proper regular season game.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
did patton get in the game?

• dj43
Way too many penalties, again, for a team that is supposed to be so well coached.
Originally posted by xcfan:

pretty sure he didnt, maybe game 3 or 4. finger was busted and the other one was sprained like 16ish days ago. probably wont push it and wreck it further..
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 16, 2013 at 8:59 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Its not so much who's played better, as to who is a better fit. Tolzien has been in this system for awhile, he shouldn't look so lost out there, I think for McCoy a lot of it is finding his comfort zone but he has good athleticism and will be a solid fit as the #2 guy. As far as Tolzien goes...adios hombre.

That's a good point. By right Tolzien should be very comfortable with the playbook by now. OK, Tolzien it is then, bye bye.
Originally posted by xcfan:

didn't dress
Well, we aren't a good preseason team
Share 49ersWebzone