LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

2013 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Game 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just imagine Kap Josh Johnson and BJ. An endless array of athletic instinct but it will be Kap Colt BJ probably
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 16, 2013 at 8:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by niners94:
Finally won a game. Just.

Who cares

I do. Even is preseason games, I am going out with 0 and 4. That is just embarrassing.

Lions won 4 preseason games the year they went 0-16. I am happy too, but its preseason. Lol
Originally posted by niners94:

Who cares

I do. Even is preseason games, I am going out with 0 and 4. That is just embarrassing.

Not really. It's all about individual evaluation. Winning is pointless.
So can someone share the short story with the game? I don't have TV where I'm at.
I think with Daniels, there's a lot more raw talent and athleticism to develop than there is with Tolzien. Its also Tolzien's 3rd offseason and he doesn't look anywhere closer to being a legitimate #2 NFL QB, it's time to cut bait.
Originally posted by 49ersss:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
@MaioccoCSN
B.J. Daniels' passer rating of 128.0 was 99.5 points better than Colt McCoy's

Nice

I think Daniel's needs to come in early in game 3, he looked much better than McCoy & Tolzien by far. He should at least be the 3rd QB for sure w/o a doubt.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
So can someone share the short story with the game? I don't have TV where I'm at.

BJ's are good.
Check out the highlights: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013081603/2013/PRE2/49ers@chiefs#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Backup oline looked like s**t again, McCoy nd Tolzien looked like s**t, defense was strong again, and BJ Daniels is the webzones new sweetheart..... The End,

Alex Smith was pressured a lot, threw the ball away a bunch, threw it at the ground a few times, made some checkdown passes, made some other nice passes that his WR's dropped. He got run over and sacked a couple of times, including a big one by Haralson. Kaepernick was in for 5 plays, missed a long, downfield strike to Hall, Gore went wild, had a 50 yard run, Dawson made 3 field goals, including 2 from 55 yards out. McCoy and Tolzien played like crap, Jewel Hampton hogged the ball and averaged less than 2 yards per carry, he looked flat out awful. Jenkins made a 21 yard catch that was brought back due to holding. Perrish Cox and Parys Haralson were on that beast mode time. Lemonier and Nick Moody looked very good. BJ Daniels came in and led a 70+ yard scoring drive for the W, making some beautiful passes and showing good athleticism in the process.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 16, 2013 at 8:28 PM ]

LOL Singletary era score.
Originally posted by tohara3:
I think Daniel's needs to come in early in game 3, he looked much better than McCoy & Tolzien by far. He should at least be the 3rd QB for sure w/o a doubt.

No way due they make a raw 7th round rookie the backup QB, but he should be a lock at #3 QB, so much potential and talent, tremendous athleticism, Harbaugh can definitely work with that.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I want a BJ. I mean does Daniels solidify a roster spot because he has the longest and only touchdown drive of the preseason so far? Seems pretty solid to me. Plus his versatility.

Plus I have a feeling he was told try not to run and stay in the pocket. He was so tentative even on his scramble. If you have seen his highlights, this kid can run and side-step like nobody's business. If he was let loose, I am sure he could have done more with those broken up plays. Either way, his passing game was very decent. That rainbow TD pass was beautiful !!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I was surprised how much Fangio blitzed tonight but I liked it.

Good thing we won because it's not like preseason standings are meaningless or anything
Share 49ersWebzone