LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

2013 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Game 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I watched Alex in his series against the Saints, he was very efficient. Two things though, first, the Saints D was terrible, second, Alex threw short on every play. He would take a peek downfield and then look to his check downs. The Chiefs have a great runner in Charles and Alex will keep them mistake free. I'ts a good fit. They have a decent chance at 8-8, which means a second rounder for us in next years draft.
The Chiefs offense last night looked very much like the Andy Reid offense during the best days in Philly. Brian Westbrook was their best weapon and Reid threw it to him often as well as running him a lot. That is what I saw last night in KC. Jamaal Charles is their best weapon and they got him the ball in a number of ways. That will continue all season.

Reid was very influenced by the way Bill Walsh used Roger Craig, so it is not surprising that Charles was the center of the offense last night.

Also, there is a video interview with Reid on the KC website in which he said that the offense would be very vanilla in PS, especially the early games as players got familiar with the new system and each other.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I watched Alex in his series against the Saints, he was very efficient. Two things though, first, the Saints D was terrible, second, Alex threw short on every play. He would take a peek downfield and then look to his check downs. The Chiefs have a great runner in Charles and Alex will keep them mistake free. I'ts a good fit. They have a decent chance at 8-8, which means a second rounder for us in next years draft.
The Chiefs offense last night looked very much like the Andy Reid offense during the best days in Philly. Brian Westbrook was their best weapon and Reid threw it to him often as well as running him a lot. That is what I saw last night in KC. Jamaal Charles is their best weapon and they got him the ball in a number of ways. That will continue all season.

Reid was very influenced by the way Bill Walsh used Roger Craig, so it is not surprising that Charles was the center of the offense last night.

Also, there is a video interview with Reid on the KC website in which he said that the offense would be very vanilla in PS, especially the early games as players got familiar with the new system and each other.

Yeah, using the RB to make short gain and passes is Walsh's way of jabbing at the defense. Make them get impatient and annoyed. Come up and be aggressive on the short. Then he would throw a knockout punch with something deep. It's a play on the aggressive break things up nature of the defense. Smart sh*t from Bill Walsh. Not surprising.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
San Francisco 49ers @49ers

The #49ers have activated RB Kendall Hunter from the Active/Physically Unable to Perform List.
Originally posted by Jcool:

The #49ers have activated RB Kendall Hunter from the Active/Physically Unable to Perform List.

Good news. I'd like to see how he looks coming off the Achilles injury.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Hunter, James and Dixon should be enough to handle the load in Preseason. Oh and Jewel Hampton wherever he is.

Thank god! I know everyone is high on James but Hunter is light years better in pretty much all phases of the game except maybe special teams. I'd rather see Hunter getting the snaps over James.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Hunter, James and Dixon should be enough to handle the load in Preseason. Oh and Jewel Hampton wherever he is.

On the bench because he sucks at pass protection.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Haven't heard that one before??

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Haven't heard that one before??

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/08/film-review-wilhoite-cox-shine-a-closer-look-at-jenkins-night.html

-- Undrafted rookie D.J. Harper needs to secure the ball more quickly. But, gee, fellow undrafted rookie Patrick Omameh sure didn't do Harper any favors by whiffing on the linebacker, who struck Harper in the backfield just after he got the ball. ... Meanwhile, fellow running back Jewel Hampton didn't see any snaps. Hampton was the weak link in pass-protection drills early in training camp (though he got better as time went on). His lack of snaps may be a signal from position coach Tom Rathman - if you want to play, learn how to protect the quarterback.
[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Aug 10, 2013 at 10:47 AM ]

Very good news. Doubt he'll see action in the KC game and hope they ease him in.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher

Reid said starters will play more for #Chiefs in next week's game against 49ers
LOL I just came in on the Chiefs/Saints game, and they ran a highlight of Alex Smith rolling to the right and throwing the ball away, with a dude wide open 15 yards down field!!!

Classic Alex Smith.
Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher

Reid said starters will play more for #Chiefs in next week's game against 49ers

starters usually play a bit more in the 2nd preseason game, nothing groundbreaking there
I guarantee if Alex leads a scoring drive and we don't, people will second guess the decision to trade him and keep Kap. I'm calling it. You heard it here first.
Share 49ersWebzone