There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Has the Pass Rush improved enough from last season?

Capers is a good DC. Like most DC, he needs his horses. The Packers been hitting hard times getting players for their D the last 2 years. They thought Rodgers and the offense is sustainable but that's deteriorating too.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Capers is a good DC. Like most DC, he needs his horses. The Packers been hitting hard times getting players for their D the last 2 years. They thought Rodgers and the offense is sustainable but that's deteriorating too.

he was either unwilling or unable to even slow down our run game in the playoffs, was that because he was in over his head, he did not have the players or ck, the line and backs were just that damn good?
We have some of the best starters in the NFL in terms of pass rush. What did you expect? Aldon, Smith, McDonald, and Brooks are all above average to elite pass rushers.

If you recall, they were so dominate and disruptive early last year that teams had to abandon the deep pass. They were forced to stick to short and intermediate routes cause QBs didn't have enough time for deep balls. As the season wore on, our top 4 pass rushers got worn out and/or injured. Thus, exposing our secondary to deep passes.

Adding Carradine and Lemonier in the draft was huge. Both of them have monster pass rushing ability. If they can be ready to step in as situational pass rushers by mid-season, we should be in great shape.
Originally posted by cciowa:

he was either unwilling or unable to even slow down our run game in the playoffs, was that because he was in over his head, he did not have the players or ck, the line and backs were just that damn good?

Not a good group of linebackers. Other than Clay Matthews. AJ Hawk is getting old. And the injury to Desmond Bishop hurt them last year. Kaep tore that unit up in the playoff game. And yes, Kaep is just that good
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM ]
i think a healthy cowboy and aldon plus the addition of lemonier and tank will help a lot. we should have more depth now
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Not a good group of linebackers. Other than Clay Matthews. AJ Hawk is getting old. And the injury to Desmond Bishop hurt them last year. Kaep tore that unit up in the playoff game. And yes, Kaep is just that good
thank you, agree!, i think ck, gore and the line was just that damn good that night and exposed the packers weakness. While i can be nuts and shrill and half cocked I have always said, under JH, our team is at its best when it brings out the worst in teams and that night vs the packers was a perfect example. I could see why woodson wanted to sign with us so he would not have to face this offense again. i got extreme pleasure that even matthews got turned around
We won't know till Tank Carradine and Quentin Dial take the field to see the whole picture. Going tonight and can't wait to see Lemonier take the field. Also want to see the Dorsey/Williams battle at NT/DT. Lots of questions still to be answered.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
We won't know till Tank Carradine and Quentin Dial take the field to see the whole picture. Going tonight and can't wait to see Lemonier take the field. Also want to see the Dorsey/Williams battle at NT/DT. Lots of questions still to be answered.

Enjoy man!
how are we supposed to know without any games have being played?
Yes. We have way more depth. Lemonier and Haralson on the 2nd string is a nice luxury to have that we didn't last year. Not to mention a later season addition of the Tank.
We've upgraded, even without the rookies. Haralson/WIlliams/Dorsey should provide quality relief for the Smiths + possible improvement with pocket collapse from NT position. If Tank/Dial/Lemonhead work out, that's even more rest. I'm not even supposing they bring quality play -- just aren't horrible.

But in answer to you original question, yes I think we should done more to get a proven lineman. A big lineman. Or draft one at higher priority, who doesn't have health issues.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
If the Smith Bros are healthy = YES
if not = NO

So darn true!