Originally posted by dtg_9er:
thl408--Premise of your post seems muddy to me. You say the two rookies are unknown, then conclude the pass rush will be the same, which does not follow a logical track.
Here are your points:
- Middle: A wash.
- Rookies: Tank and Lemonier (maybe Dial down the road) are unknown.
- Health: Justin and Aldon are healthy and will be fresher.
That seems to lead to a logical conclusion that the 9er pass rush will be better by a lot or a little depending on the rookies and the luck of health.
My counter points:
- CK is a much more quick strike QB and will bring the defense back onto the field faster. Depth is key to withstanding this change...as we saw last season, it wears down the DL. Depth is now greater.
- Haralson may bring a great deal of stability to the rotation that was missing last year.
- The two rookies seem to be best attacking, which should be useful in pass rush situations, but will hurt run defense (if Tank sees the field at all this year).
- I believe Soap was better than many believe and will be missed when playing against teams with power in the middle of the OLine.
I get how I might have sounded muddy. But here is are my points in a (hopefully) clearer way, as I may have been rambling late last night:
- There are still only two proven
pass rushers on the team, same as last season. (A case can be made for Brooks as a proven pass rusher.)
- The only additional body, that can help in 13-14, is Lemonier, who is an unproven rookie.
- The team is still one injury away from being in the same spot as they were last season.
I understand that Harralson, Lemonier, Dorsey will allow for a better rotation and a fresher Aldon and Justin, but the fact remains that there are still only 2 legit pass rushers on the team.
[ Edited by thl408 on Aug 8, 2013 at 10:07 AM ]