LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

Gameplan vs Seattle in week 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Even with their new specialty-slot corner, they had problems covering the slot. I'm sure the Niners noticed that. The Niners will test Winfield - he's supposed to be the answer for them at slot corner, but I'm not so sure. First of all, if the Niners run Davis or McDonald from the slot, Winfield is going to have a hell of a challenge just dealing with the size differential - Winfield is 5'9" and he's definitely not as quick as he used to be. Davis can run by him and McDonald, as huge as he is, can just turn around and block him out. But, even a more traditional slot receiver relying on quick moves seems to still be able to get yardage against Winfield based on what I saw Manning doing. Manning's no-huddle was a hell of a lot more successful against the Seahawk defensive 1's than it was against the Niners defensive 1's and again, the Niners were playing without Justin Smith and Willis. I have to wonder if the Niners will try a little bit of that no-huddle in Seattle - it has a tendency to mute the effects of a loud home crowd because they never get a chance to take a breath.

This is what I'm most anxious to see come week 2. The no-huddle would be very effective in getting the plays off on time and silencing the crowd a little bit. They won't be screaming their asses off all game without 40 seconds rest in between snaps.

It seems like Thurmond is giving Winfield a run for his money at slot corner. Either way, I don't know much they'll play nickel since we like playing 2 TE's so much. I don't see any midget corners covering Davis or McDonald with success.
Our 49ers are going to sweep the dead birds (seahawks)
All we have to do to beat Seattle in Seattle, is do what we did last year, except this time not fumble the ball or have field goals turn into minus 7 points.
Easier said than done, because in that loud environment, random chaotic crap tends to happen.
Biggest game plan, don't get injured, We all know there going to try.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
This is what I'm most anxious to see come week 2. The no-huddle would be very effective in getting the plays off on time and silencing the crowd a little bit. They won't be screaming their asses off all game without 40 seconds rest in between snaps.

It seems like Thurmond is giving Winfield a run for his money at slot corner. Either way, I don't know much they'll play nickel since we like playing 2 TE's so much. I don't see any midget corners covering Davis or McDonald with success.

I still say it would really throw them a curve if the Niners used some multiple receiver sets just for a change-up.
I still say it would really throw them a curve if the Niners used some multiple receiver sets just for a change-up.

I'm sure we will. Roman always talks about being using a bunch of different personnel groups on offense. Throw the kitchen sink at them.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I'm sure we will. Roman always talks about being using a bunch of different personnel groups on offense. Throw the kitchen sink at them.

Those two big corners can really only grab and hold on to two receivers.
Send tukuafu in motion towards the Seattle bench. Have kap throw a rocket at carroll hopefully beaning him. At the same time tukuafu can hit carroll just after the ball gets there.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i hope seattle keeps showing the whole world what they have in the preseason against peoples scrubs while we dont show a damn thing. gonna show these b***hes whos boss week two. running up preseason scores is bush league s**t and its dumb to show good plays in preseason but carroll gonna carroll.

A defense that forces and exploits mistakes and ST players that contribute . . no "secrets" revealed there. Granted, the RW snap fumble followed by a TD toss and the SW second effort back flop TD are tricks that are outta the bag now ;-)

We won't have rookies toting the rock or offensive linemen that just stand there and watch the opposition scramble for the ball when it's loose. Settle down there missy, your D was fortunate they were playing in a preseason game and it's pretty clear your Cawks were treating the game a bit different than the Broncos were.

My post was not to extoll the virtues of the Hawks particular play last night but, merely to point out that they did not reveal anything new (as was suggested).
Those two big corners can really only grab and hold on to two receivers.

Send recievers in motion into bunch formation - this will cause hesitation on their press coverages because the assignment changes.

Originally posted by 69MiNdFrEaK69:
Our 49ers are going to sweep the dead birds (seahawks)

yup
The other thing I think we'll see as far as the Seahawk gameplan is Boldin and Davis at the edges and Williams in the slot. That way you'll have extremely large and/or physical receivers matched up with the big Seahawk corners. I just don't think Sherman can muscle Vernon Davis around and if Davis throws Sherman aside and gets beyond him, Sherman is simply not fast enough to keep up with Davis. And if it's Browner on Davis, that's an even bigger speed problem for the Seahawks. And Boldin is easily physical enough to blow either of those guys off of him if they try to get up in his face and muscle him.
Step on Willow.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Step on Willow.

I think that with Lemonier and the resurgence of Harelson, the Niner pass rush is going to be pretty relentless this year. Hopefully, they come under control with the attitude of just having to grab him as opposed to hitting him because he just seems too quick to get a good hit on.
Thinking about how to beat Seattle, I started thinking about PEDS. Could you imagine Willis/Bow/Justin and Aldon on ROIDs....
Share 49ersWebzone