There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Gameplan vs Seattle in week 2

i hope seattle keeps showing the whole world what they have in the preseason against peoples scrubs while we dont show a damn thing. gonna show these b***hes whos boss week two. running up preseason scores is bush league s**t and its dumb to show good plays in preseason but carroll gonna carroll.
seattle's game plan= Run with lynch and playaction roll out
Our Oline needs to impose their will. Run run run run run run the ball, and then run it some more, with Miller laying wood on Wagner early and often on blocking assignments. Wear their Dline down early and our O does what it wants the majority of the game.

On D we need to hit Wilson as often as possible. The more contact he gets the worse he becomes. If he fakes the read option light that fool up, every time. Always assume Wilson has the ball and hit him, hard.

We get in their heads and take the crowd out of the game at the same time.
Having watched this game locally (in Denver), this is what I took away from the game:

-Wilson picked up right where he left off, scrambling and making plays when he is flushed from the pocket, although he did miss some easier passes he still made the harder passes look easy.

-Seattle's run game didnt look that impressive. Broncos lost one of their best D-Lineman, Wolfe, and they still shut down the run pretty easily.

-Seattle's Defense... this is what I really wanted to watch, just how good is their D? Well their Secondary as we all know is legit, their CB's were mugging Bronco WR's all day. However the bigger receivers like Thomas had some success against Sherman. Peyton soon saw what Seattle was doing and started hitting his 3rd and 4th reads like clockwork. Easily driving down the field hitting Welker, and Julius Thomas(TE not the WR) for big gains.

Their run defense was a different story... Wagner is the key. If a guard can get to him their run D is mediocre. The Broncos were missing 3 starters from their line and Hillman, who is not a big RB, was breaking tackles and running inside gaining 4-5 yards per run between the tackles.

Conclusion.... Seattle is good, but they arent world beaters by anymeans. The key will be to keep Wilson contained, be able to run inside and then pick apart their secondary with our TE's and slot receivers. Easier said than done, but Seattle was far less impressive than the score would indicate.
[ Edited by 5280High on Aug 18, 2013 at 9:47 AM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i hope seattle keeps showing the whole world what they have in the preseason against peoples scrubs while we dont show a damn thing. gonna show these b***hes whos boss week two. running up preseason scores is bush league s**t and its dumb to show good plays in preseason but carroll gonna carroll.


A defense that forces and exploits mistakes and ST players that contribute . . no "secrets" revealed there. Granted, the RW snap fumble followed by a TD toss and the SW second effort back flop TD are tricks that are outta the bag now ;-)
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Aug 18, 2013 at 9:50 AM ]
Originally posted by niners9ers:
seattle's game plan= Run with lynch and playaction roll out

this.....

we get f**king torched when the QB is able to roll out of the pocket while keeping his eyes down the field...
Originally posted by 5280High:
Having watched this game locally (in Denver), this is what I took away from the game:

-Wilson picked up right where he left off, scrambling and making plays when he is flushed from the pocket, although he did miss some easier passes he still made the harder passes look easy.

-Seattle's run game didnt look that impressive. Broncos lost one of their best D-Lineman, Wolfe, and they still shut down the run pretty easily.

-Seattle's Defense... this is what I really wanted to watch, just how good is their D? Well their Secondary as we all know is legit, their CB's were mugging Bronco WR's all day. However the bigger receivers like Thomas had some success against Sherman. Peyton soon saw what Seattle was doing and started hitting his 3rd and 4th reads like clockwork. Easily driving down the field hitting Welker, and Julius Thomas(TE not the WR) for big gains.

Their run defense was a different story... Wagner is the key. If a guard can get to him their run D is mediocre. The Broncos were missing 3 starters from their line and Hillman, who is not a big RB, was breaking tackles and running inside gaining 4-5 yards per run between the tackles.

Conclusion.... Seattle is good, but they arent world beaters by anymeans. The key will be to keep Wilson contained, be able to run inside and then pick apart their secondary with our TE's and slot receivers. Easier said than done, but Seattle was far less impressive than the score would indicate.

So it will come down to our #3 and #4 receivers. Who needs a #2?
Originally posted by defenderDX:
So it will come down to our #3 and #4 receivers. Who needs a #2?

True.

Vance and Vernon should have good games.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
So it will come down to our #3 and #4 receivers. Who needs a #2?

True.

Vance and Vernon should have good games.

And our RB's too catching passes hopefully. We've always seemed to suck at that tho.....
Well, I'm not football guru, but if I'm Harbaugh, I'd want to game plan to win.
Smith, Brooks, Haralson, and Lemonier are going to have to do some major chasing and containing, and Ian Williams has to stack the middle and the Seattle offense is mortal.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,786
incorporate a lot of these techniques , , and this

Niners can't afford to do a lot of these dumb mistakes because if they beat themselves, that's the only way they'll lose... if that's the case, many will be doing this , , and I'm sure, alot of this

I suppose that just about sums it all up
Ain't worried bout it...


[ Edited by mickey49 on Aug 18, 2013 at 11:47 AM ]
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i hope seattle keeps showing the whole world what they have in the preseason against peoples scrubs while we dont show a damn thing. gonna show these b***hes whos boss week two. running up preseason scores is bush league s**t and its dumb to show good plays in preseason but carroll gonna carroll.


A defense that forces and exploits mistakes and ST players that contribute . . no "secrets" revealed there. Granted, the RW snap fumble followed by a TD toss and the SW second effort back flop TD are tricks that are outta the bag now ;-)

We won't have rookies toting the rock or offensive linemen that just stand there and watch the opposition scramble for the ball when it's loose. Settle down there missy, your D was fortunate they were playing in a preseason game and it's pretty clear your Cawks were treating the game a bit different than the Broncos were.
[ Edited by WINiner on Aug 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:
-Seattle's Defense... this is what I really wanted to watch, just how good is their D? Well their Secondary as we all know is legit, their CB's were mugging Bronco WR's all day. However the bigger receivers like Thomas had some success against Sherman. Peyton soon saw what Seattle was doing and started hitting his 3rd and 4th reads like clockwork. Easily driving down the field hitting Welker, and Julius Thomas(TE not the WR) for big gains.

Even with their new specialty-slot corner, they had problems covering the slot. I'm sure the Niners noticed that. The Niners will test Winfield - he's supposed to be the answer for them at slot corner, but I'm not so sure. First of all, if the Niners run Davis or McDonald from the slot, Winfield is going to have a hell of a challenge just dealing with the size differential - Winfield is 5'9" and he's definitely not as quick as he used to be. Davis can run by him and McDonald, as huge as he is, can just turn around and block him out. But, even a more traditional slot receiver relying on quick moves seems to still be able to get yardage against Winfield based on what I saw Manning doing. Manning's no-huddle was a hell of a lot more successful against the Seahawk defensive 1's than it was against the Niners defensive 1's and again, the Niners were playing without Justin Smith and Willis. I have to wonder if the Niners will try a little bit of that no-huddle in Seattle - it has a tendency to mute the effects of a loud home crowd because they never get a chance to take a breath.