There are 109 users in the forums

Gameplan vs Seattle in week 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
I would spend a greater majority of your time focusing on the Packers game. You embarrassed a pretty good team twice now and they are going to be pissed. Don't think they haven't spent their whole offseason thinking about revenge. Niner's want payback in Seattle, but Green Bay wants payback against you..

There is no way that the Niners are overlooking the Packers, but the Seahawks are the first division game and they all know they've got to win the division. But, as far as the Pack is concerned, if I'm a Packers fan I'm wondering just what they've done to fix what happened last January. The defensive scheme and most of the personnel is basically the same. There's no change in the linebacker corp. And, on offense, they've lost their best lineman who was there to protect Rogers' back side. That's not really optimum against the Niners where the bulk of the pass rushing is coming from that direction. It's the NFL, so any team can win any day, but I expect the Niners to win that game. But, most Niner fans are understandably up for this trip to Seattle where the team got their asses handed to them last season. I think most of us would like to put an abrupt end to this "42-13!" mantra we've been hearing for months now.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
are most of them at home?

Yeah I might be a tad optimistic. I get the feeling if the Hawks want to win the division they will have to sweep the Niners...
we do extremely well against finesse teams. i think teams like seattle and baltimore give us more trouble. but as fans we dont have to prepare, the players and coaches do so we can talk all we want and it means nothing lol

True dat. I am not even thinking about the Niners and neither are most seahawk fans because we wan't to get that first 10 AM game out of the way. We play five of them this year and I would love it if the Seahawks can go 3-2 in them. BTW what is the feeling amongst niner fans about Bay Area native Marshawn Lynch?

I was actually born and raised (until I left for college) about 15 minutes from Oakland. The gist that I get from my friends/peers is that Marshawn is very well-respected when not playing the 49ers. Despite his millionaire status, he still has his urban, Bay-Area mannerisms (e.g., listen to the slang he speaks), but despite that, he keeps himself out of relative trouble -- outside of the DUI, he's had a pretty respectable record off-the-field. The people I know are happy for the guy.

Random fact: We have the same exact birthday
are most of them at home?

Yeah I might be a tad optimistic. I get the feeling if the Hawks want to win the division they will have to sweep the Niners...

i think things will be different this year my friend, but you are correct in assuming the road to a division title goes through San Francisco these two games between our teams will be the games of the year for both our teams i think. the hate between the fans and players is off the charts, lots of s**t talking goin on. the only thing im worried about is that neither team will have enough players to field a team in week 3 due to all the damage both sides will take in this game lol
i think things will be different this year my friend, but you are correct in assuming the road to a division title goes through San Francisco these two games between our teams will be the games of the year for both our teams i think. the hate between the fans and players is off the charts, lots of s**t talking goin on. the only thing im worried about is that neither team will have enough players to field a team in week 3 due to all the damage both sides will take in this game lol

I am not sure what is worse, your schedule or our 5 10:00 AM games. Yes most of your hard games are at home but they are not easy and injuries could pile up. Both teams are thin in certain areas.. Your team wide receiver, our team tight end (Zack Miller is huge in our running game). I think you will find somebody to replace Cully so I am not sure he is such a huge loss. This season will come down to attrition. I would happily concede the division if it meant we are healthy and if we can't win on the road then we don't deserve to be in the title game.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I would be curious how well Sherman would defend VD. It would seem to me that VD's size and strength would take away Sherman's advantage at playing press, and then VD can just burn him with pure speed. Besides it would be fun to watch VD maul Sherman on running plays.

I am not sure what is worse, your schedule or our 5 10:00 AM games. Yes most of your hard games are at home but they are not easy and injuries could pile up. Both teams are thin in certain areas.. Your team wide receiver, our team tight end (Zack Miller is huge in our running game). I think you will find somebody to replace Cully so I am not sure he is such a huge loss. This season will come down to attrition. I would happily concede the division if it meant we are healthy and if we can't win on the road then we don't deserve to be in the title game.

no matter who wins i fully expect both teams to be in the playoffs barring some kind of huge meltdown. i think cully gets a lot of s**t for the superbowl but hes a great cb and we will definitely miss him. we'll see how it goes i guess but i hope both teams are healthy when they play so theres no b******t excuses. sucks that both of our top wideouts are out of the game already but thats football i guess
Originally posted by fryet:
I would be curious how well Sherman would defend VD. It would seem to me that VD's size and strength would take away Sherman's advantage at playing press, and then VD can just burn him with pure speed. Besides it would be fun to watch VD maul Sherman on running plays.

You may get your wish. If McDonald is the featured tight end then Browner will cover Boldin and Sherm will cover VD. Sherman has the speed to stay with him but the question is can he deal with VD's strength?? I am sure the Seahawks would bring Chancellor to help over the top and then it would be McDonald vs our linebackers..
[ Edited by seahawk12thman on Aug 8, 2013 at 1:12 PM ]
Originally posted by GNielsen:
There is no way that the Niners are overlooking the Packers, but the Seahawks are the first division game and they all know they've got to win the division. But, as far as the Pack is concerned, if I'm a Packers fan I'm wondering just what they've done to fix what happened last January. The defensive scheme and most of the personnel is basically the same. There's no change in the linebacker corp. And, on offense, they've lost their best lineman who was there to protect Rogers' back side. That's not really optimum against the Niners where the bulk of the pass rushing is coming from that direction. It's the NFL, so any team can win any day, but I expect the Niners to win that game. But, most Niner fans are understandably up for this trip to Seattle where the team got their asses handed to them last season. I think most of us would like to put an abrupt end to this "42-13!" mantra we've been hearing for months now.

I will say the NFC North is easily the worse division this year. The Packers really lost a lot when Driver left and and I am sure that the 49ers are licking their chops at Aaron Rodgers which means they will probably do a three step drop pass attack because I am sure they feel they have an advantage against your CBs? Guess we'll. Good to see the hatred is alive and well and since their is no way in hell either of our teams wishes each other good luck , I will say Good Health to both teams!!!!
You may get your wish. If McDonald is the featured tight end then Browner will cover Boldin and Sherm will cover VD. Sherman has the speed to stay with him but the question is can he deal with VD's strength?? I am sure the Seahawks would bring Chancellor to help over the top and then it would be McDonald vs our linebackers..

Sherman does not have the speed to stay with Vernon Davis. Davis was at a 4.38 40 and Sherman's 40 was 4.56. I know that doesn't sound like much of a difference, but the point is that if Davis gets behind Sherman, Sherman cannot make up the difference. Davis is actually quicker as well. He had a quicker 20 yard shuttle time than Sherman which is pretty unbelievable since he's carrying at least 40 more pounds around. Davis is a freak of nature and I think the only player on the entire Seahawk squad with his kind of speed would be Percy Harvin.

Your analysis also shows why I hope the Niners use multiple receiver sets. If Browner is stuck on Boldin, Sherman on Vernon and the linebackers on McDonald, who guards a Jenkins, Lockette, Patton or Williams if they're in the set?
[ Edited by GNielsen on Aug 8, 2013 at 1:53 PM ]

I will say the NFC North is easily the worse division this year. The Packers really lost a lot when Driver left and and I am sure that the 49ers are licking their chops at Aaron Rodgers which means they will probably do a three step drop pass attack because I am sure they feel they have an advantage against your CBs? Guess we'll. Good to see the hatred is alive and well and since their is no way in hell either of our teams wishes each other good luck , I will say Good Health to both teams!!!!

I'm sure you're right about the 3-step drop and Rodgers is good at that, but the problem with that approach to the Niner defense is that those ILB's on the Niners are really the quickest in the league. Bowman and Willis are crazy good against the short pass. I wouldn't take the Packers for granted, especially because Aaron Rodgers is always capable of getting white-hot, but really, the game doesn't look like a good match for the Pack. I just don't think Rodgers is going to have a lot of time to throw and I don't see any significant change in the Pack defense that would prevent the Niners from rolling up another 500 yards like they did the last time.
Ummm, how about Green Bay? I'm pretty sure that we play them before Seattle....
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Ummm, how about Green Bay? I'm pretty sure that we play them before Seattle....

We've been talking about Green Bay. Key to the game - the Pack's best offensive lineman, the guy who would be blocking the Smiths, is out for the season. On defense, the Packers don't seem to have significantly upgraded the same defense that just gave up 579 yards and 45 points in last year's playoffs. So, to me, this doesn't look like a good match up for the Pack. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure they know they can't take the Packers for granted, but I just don't see Rodgers having a lot of time to throw, I don't see their running game going very far and I don't see how their defense can stop the Niner offense.
Score early and score often and shut crowd down. Nice long drive to start game and then a pick 6. 14-0=crowd silence.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Score early and score often and shut crowd down. Nice long drive to start game and then a pick 6. 14-0=crowd silence.

Yes! The dream scenario for the first 8 or 9 minutes. But, something tells me that even in that scenario, there would not be anything even close to crowd silence. No, they're going to have to come into that game ready with hand signals and silent counts. And of course, they must know that.
Share 49ersWebzone