LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Gameplan vs Seattle in week 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It was weird seeing that midget Russel Wilson make Aldon look foolish when they beat us. He ran backwards, East , then West and back wards again to complete a pass.
I'd say ask Alex Smith he has beaten them three times in a row....
Gotta keep their D on the field with dink and dunk passes, ball control, game management, quality audibles, and exploiting what few weaknesses their mighty D gives you.... GO KAP
Stop Lynch and Wilson they had it way to easy last game in Seattle and it cost us. Pressure Wilson don't give him time to throw or run around hes good on taking off for big yards hes also good at scrambling to keep plays alive they need to stop that in week 2 he did way to much of it last season. And keep Lynch to under 100 yards i hate the whole stupid beast mode thing it fuels the rest of team.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Have a D-lineman cradle wicket like a baby, then toss him to the ground
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d828db295#photo=4
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
crop dust seattle with laryngitis virus the week prior

/thread

Genius!!!
Silent counts would be nice to see (and not hear).

I'll be in the stands myself (although those tickets are EXPENSIVE!) and plan to bring on my earplugs. Say what you will about Seattle fans (and as an older 9ers fan I find some of the "rivalry" talk about them a bit silly), I have huge respect for their passion for their team. And as a foreigner I can also like the city with no remorse (and it is nice)
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
It was weird seeing that midget Russel Wilson make Aldon look foolish when they beat us. He ran backwards, East , then West and back wards again to complete a pass.

If anyone looked like a fool it was Ahmad Brooks. Poor guy! lol :)
As others have mentioned, the main focus will still be on Lynch. But, according to this, reading and stopping the play action will be key as well . . .
http://tinyurl.com/kydah74
our formula is this....

we go out.....

and we HIT EM IN THE MOUF!
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Not play 90+ snaps the week before on a short week. Not have Aldon Smith or Justin Smith be hurt.

Yes, and those 90+ snaps were played in damp, bone-chilling cold conditions. If you've ever had to do hard physical labor for an extended period of time in damp cold like that, you know it sucks the energy right out of you. And then the Seattle game took place in similar conditions. Toward the end of a long, physically demanding season. I think the 49er's would have had hard time beating the Seahawks in Seattle even without those factors because the Seahawks are an excellent football team that are really hard to beat in Seattle, but I think those are the reasons that the game turned into a blowout rather than being a closer loss.

Thank goodness they played Arizona for the last game of the season to get their confidence back up before going into the post-season. And thank goodness they won the division because they really needed the extra week of rest (especially the defense) before heading into the run for the Superbowl.

For this years game - I think the key will be pressure from the front line of the defense and sealing the running lanes.
[ Edited by 49erphan on Aug 8, 2013 at 7:29 AM ]

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Some have already mentioned it, before anything else, stop the run. I don't mean just Marshawn Lynch, don't be surprised if Christine Michael carries a fair load. Pete Carroll already said he will debut the guy in a big way in the preseason. This kid is a speedster and an aggressive rusher with a lot of potential, we need to watch out for this guy.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
why this thread? There will be a pregame thread for week 2 leading up to that game and this can be talked about then, lets play today's game first ok?!
Pretty simple really:
  • Lockette, Boldin, VD, McDonald...physically, outmuscle the hell out of the DB's and force P.I. and illegal contact penalties on Dick and the other mouths. After established, take the top off with Lockette, Moore, and AJ and exploit the middle with Williams/Patton/AJ.
  • Use a heavy Q formation with Gore, Hunter/James and also VD, McDonald/Gray and pound the DL to stop the pass rush and physically wear them down and take the crowd out of it. We need to control the clock ala-Alex-offense and methodically wear them down. Keep their offense on the bench.
  • On defense, the OLB's will be critical in containing the edges (and Wilson) but Fangio will have to ensure an inside rush is coming and coming every down while still providing over-the-top coverage.
  • ST, it's time for US to make a play in a big game.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM ]
  1. Contain Lynch - it starts there. Keep them in 3rd and long situations
  2. Convert 3rd downs (even some tough ones) early to get momentum and an early lead
  3. Prevent the scramble drill by RW... if he beats us, it's from the pocket. We faired pretty well last year vs. QBs in the pocket, but got burned when the play broke down and the opposing QB scrambled.
  4. MINIMIZE PENALTIES
  5. Execute
Originally posted by Rascal:
Some have already mentioned it, before anything else, stop the run. I don't mean just Marshawn Lynch, don't be surprised if Christine Michael carries a fair load. Pete Carroll already said he will debut the guy in a big way in the preseason. This kid is a speedster and an aggressive rusher with a lot of potential, we need to watch out for this guy.

yep. Apparently, we'll get to see him right away, as he's slated for kickoff return tonight.
Here's hoping there's more similarities to Leon than just the uniform number
Share 49ersWebzone