There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Gameplan vs Seattle in week 2

Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
Thinking about how to beat Seattle, I started thinking about PEDS. Could you imagine Willis/Bow/Justin and Aldon on ROIDs....

Pacific Rim
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
My post was not to extoll the virtues of the Hawks particular play last night but, merely to point out that they did not reveal anything new (as was suggested).

get out
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xtm059:
My post was not to extoll the virtues of the Hawks particular play last night but, merely to point out that they did not reveal anything new (as was suggested).

get out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au-u9RWe0Jo

she says "get out" all crazy
Not sure there is one.
Go Hawks!
Originally posted by Dewey:
Not sure there is one.
Go Hawks!

there will be gay ass highlighter green blood in the streets of seattle week two!!!
Originally posted by Dewey:
Not sure there is one.
Go Hawks!

Charming! Thanks for your contribution. Hoooookay, there is no gameplan that can possibly beat the Seahawks in week 2!

/thread
I just saw a video of Baldwin benching 405 lbs, I don't know much about this player but I like his odds of being able to block and beat man- press against Hawks compared to how I felt about Jenkins.
How about a receiver set that includes Boldin, Baldwin, Davis and McDonald. I'll see your "big and physical" and raise you "beast set."

Well we are about 4 weeks from the Troll exodus coming. I feel bad actually for Seattle fan. The media is setting them for the big fall. Kinda like during the Nolan years, many picked us to win the division before we finished last. They cannot fathom they could start out this year 0-1 at home. They will be reeling.

While the media and others tout Seattle the gamblers aren't buying into it. Gamblers are always smarter than the media. It might be related to losing something if they are wrong.
Ticks me off. I have to hear how good Seattle is but can't bet against them and profit.
[ Edited by OldJoe on Aug 20, 2013 at 2:03 PM ]
This will be a brawl and hard game. The only upside is that we will be able to get them at home later in the year.
[ Edited by Dajanksta on Aug 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM ]
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The other thing I think we'll see as far as the Seahawk gameplan is Boldin and Davis at the edges and Williams in the slot. That way you'll have extremely large and/or physical receivers matched up with the big Seahawk corners. I just don't think Sherman can muscle Vernon Davis around and if Davis throws Sherman aside and gets beyond him, Sherman is simply not fast enough to keep up with Davis. And if it's Browner on Davis, that's an even bigger speed problem for the Seahawks. And Boldin is easily physical enough to blow either of those guys off of him if they try to get up in his face and muscle him.

The only problem is if you put Davis on an island, you lose his blocking ability in the running game. Ironically, it was you that argued with me about who was the better blocker, Miller or Davis. The more research I did, the more I see why he is so valuable and that even when Davis isn't catching footballs, he is a vital organ to the running game.
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
The only problem is if you put Davis on an island, you lose his blocking ability in the running game. Ironically, it was you that argued with me about who was the better blocker, Miller or Davis. The more research I did, the more I see why he is so valuable and that even when Davis isn't catching footballs, he is a vital organ to the running game.

The most underrated aspect of VD game is his blocking. I don't know of another TE that blocks as well consistently down in down out no matter the defender. With his size speed strength and technique he is a better blocker than he is a receiving TE if that is possible
Same as last year. Run da ball. Their linebackers is the lesser unit compared with the rest of that very good defense. And their Dline are prone to be aggressive that can be taken advantage of.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

The most underrated aspect of VD game is his blocking. I don't know of another TE that blocks as well consistently down in down out no matter the defender. With his size speed strength and technique he is a better blocker than he is a receiving TE if that is possible
Davis is the real deal. every facet of his game is way above average, hes even improved his robotic route running from the early years but he still runs like a horse lol
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

That was evident last year. The Niners didn't need Davis during the regular season to catch balls because Crabs and Williams with a sprinkle of Davis's speed kept defenses honest. That space created allowed the Niners to run Jumbo packages and keep Davis blocking with your vaunted O-line and the Niners could feed Gore. The Niners should love the Seahawks because we gave you the blueprint to defeat Atlanta. Zack Miller was getting open all day in the intermediary secondary and was getting large chunks of yards and Harbaugh seized that and did the same thing with Davis. Atlanta had no answer for it... However if you put Davis at the slot or Flanker position (doesn't matter, he has the athleticism to play any of the wide-out positions), you will lose his blocking and will take away his ability to block the free flowing linebackers on sweeps and will force Gore to run into the teeth of the defense, not just against Seattle, but all teams. So the question is if he is more valuable as a blocking/receiving tight end or a split-end, slot, or flanker??
[ Edited by seahawk12thman on Aug 20, 2013 at 3:53 PM ]