There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Gameplan vs Seattle in week 2

his game should set the tone for most of the season. Should be one of the toughest, if not toughest, game all season. How do or should the 49ers game plan to stop this team up north in our division? Of course, in every game you want to keep the QB from getting in rhythm but how exactly do they accomplish this?
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Aug 7, 2013 at 9:27 PM ]
Originally posted by richierichard:
how do potato

Bare knuckles, Hard hitting , and physically beat the krapt out of them. No prisoners.
I know the focus has been on stopping Russell Wilson, but what we really need to do is stuff the run. Last game they gashed us for 176 yards rushing. Unacceptable when Seattle's o-line was considered one of the team's few weaknesses, particularly the guards. We'll have the Smith brothers healthy this time around, so they shouldn't dominate us in the trenches. I'd like to see Aldon move around and rush from the strong-side where he pwned the RT Giacomini in the first game.

Also, we need to make pre-snap audibles a little less complicated for our offense. Give Kaep simplified audibles so he doesn't have to fight the crowd noise to get the play off on time. Use some no-huddle to start the game as well. The crowd will be all screamed out by the end of the 1st quarter if they don't have 40 seconds rest in between snaps.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,600 for richierichard.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
what happened to Week 1?

Nothing happened to week 1 it's still there. I was interested about discussing this matchup because last year's matchup in Seattle was tough. Anyone rewatch that game see any glaring weaknesses in Seattle's offense or defense that we may be able to expose this year? In their QB or run game?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Bare knuckles, Hard hitting , and physically beat the krapt out of them. No prisoners.

Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by richierichard:
how do potato


Originally posted by SofaKing:
I know the focus has been on stopping Russell Wilson, but what we really need to do is stuff the run. Last game they gashed us for 176 yards rushing. Unacceptable when Seattle's o-line was considered one of the team's few weaknesses, particularly the guards. We'll have the Smith brothers healthy this time around, so they shouldn't dominate us in the trenches. I'd like to see Aldon move around and rush from the strong-side where he pwned the RT Giacomini in the first game.

Also, we need to make pre-snap audibles a little less complicated for our offense. Give Kaep simplified audibles so he doesn't have to fight the crowd noise to get the play off on time. Use some no-huddle to start the game as well. The crowd will be all screamed out by the end of the 1st quarter if they don't have 40 seconds rest in between snaps.
Great analysis. I feel like one of the few who really took notice of how tough Lynch ran that game. This defense will need to stand its ground and keep that tiny QB from breaking long runs.
Originally posted by richierichard:
Nothing happened to week 1 it's still there. I was interested about discussing this matchup because last year's matchup in Seattle was tough. Anyone rewatch that game see any glaring weaknesses in Seattle's offense or defense that we may be able to expose this year? In their QB or run game?


I just think the 49ers were not up to play that game combined with the Justin injury.....was too much to overcome. Every single thing they did went as well as planned or better. Except for a Willis interception, and a Crabtree bomb down the sideline, essentially no highlights for SF.

Interesting side note though....if Kaepernick connects with Manningham on that first pass, things could be very different.

The last two times the 49ers suffered a road beating to a division opponent, we came back and smashed them out in the rematch (2010 Seahawks game 1/2, 2011/2012 Cardinals road games).

Just like some of you are concerned about Packers pissed about the divisional game, Hawks fans should be concerned about us and 42-13.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Aug 7, 2013 at 9:36 PM ]
we might be in trouble that game because of the lame ass third man crap. If Kap sharpens up his hand signals we have a good chance. I hate Cheatin Pete and the Steriodhawks. We need to eat up alot of clock with the run and shut that crowd up.
Originally posted by richierichard:
Great analysis. I feel like one of the few who really took notice of how tough Lynch ran that game. This defense will need to stand its ground and keep that tiny QB from breaking long runs.

The beatdown really exaggerated their strengths and/or our weaknesses.

The Seahawks like us are still a fundamentally run derived offense. Wilson makes them better than they were in 2011, but he nor Kaepernick are above struggles when the run game is kept in check.

Rams kept everyone's run game in the NFC West under control last year and offenses struggled against them. I'm probably going to rewatch the week 17 Rams/Seahawks game to see if there's anything worthwhile.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Aug 7, 2013 at 9:43 PM ]
crop dust seattle with laryngitis virus the week prior

/thread
Hit 'em in the MOUF!
Not play 90+ snaps the week before on a short week. Not have Aldon Smith or Justin Smith be hurt. Clean all the Packer's blood off the uniforms.