There are 135 users in the forums

Trent-Jim relationship issues? (pure conjecture...reading the tea leaves)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
WE HAD THE FUGGIN GAME IN OUR HANDS WITH THAT AHMAD BROOKS SACK INTO A INT.

BULLSHTI REFS AND THEIR BS

JUST LIKE THAT PI THAT THEY FOR SOME REASON MISSED.

and then when we got the ball...Kaep and the no idea wtf we're doing offense flamed out
Kaep appears to have become an ordinary QB this season. Hopefully he figures it out sooner rather than later or this team is going nowhere. Then again, losing 23-20 to a 8-2 team in their building isn't all that bad either....
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Nov 18, 2013 at 6:21 AM ]
Originally posted by strickac:
Yes, for sure. Roman knows how to establish a running game. He struggles with the pass game.

Roman is so bad though in the passing game that it has finally started to stall the running game. With as dominant as the running game has been, the play action passes should be killing defenses but we have no deep threats. We need a D. Thomas, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Josh Gordon etc. Somebody with size AND speed to stretch the defense and yes I know these guys don't grow on trees. Nobody on this team outside of Davis that can hurt defenses deep. Its been the same thing for the past ten years in SF and its getting old. Our line and qb become completely overwhelmed when the defense puts everyone in the box and shows pressure. Whats really frustrating is that they all bail out on passing plays just before the snap. This offense is so predictable that defenses know exactly when we run or pass.

I'm sick of seeing our offense plow into 8-10 man boxes all game long. Its almost comical now. When the ball is snapped all 11 on defense swarm to Gore and yet our playaction and misdirection is completely useless. I don't get it. Kap and the WR's just aren't very good, Roman has been worse, and now our running game is being suffocated because we literally have no receiving threats at all once Vernon is taken out of the game.
I would say the problem is the coaching staff not using players correctly and calling the right plays for them. LaMichael James is too good a player to only be returning kicks (which 9/10 go through endzone anyway). There is a problem if you cant find a way to get him 1 on 1 in space with the ball in his hands. whether its a handoff or a (screen) pass.

McDonld TE was a bad pick. Despite his skill set, if he is only in there to block, we could have found a guy in round 6 to do the same thing.

Like someone mentioned earlier in this thread: Gore, Vernon, Manningham and Boldin is sufficient to at least have a decent offense. Instead on 1st down everyone knew it was a run up the middle for 1 yard. Then every throw was to Boldin between 5-10yards. No threat of anything further. Bad game plan and play calling. We could beat the Saints for sure with better calling.
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
amen to that wide receiver was a 2 need and he got vance mcdonald really when he could have gotten keenan allen

you figure at the time of the draft, crabtree was still healthy, and Delanie was gone

So in April they saw

Crabs
Boldin
Manningham coming off an injury
Jenkins

Davis
Celek
?????

now ask again who we should have drafted
I disagree for the most part...he's drafted/signed plenty of good players...coaching hasn't been great at times...execution has just been off...can't use injuries as an excuse, all teams have 'em, you need b/u's who can produce. Lack of in-game adjustments falls on the coaching staff, not Baalke. I do fault Baalke for not acquiring a better b/u QB...McCoy simply isn't on a par with Josh McCown, for example. To make it worse, we had him (McCown) last year and let him go. Big mistake, IMHO. Yes, it was complicated w/Alex, but JM's considerably superior to most b/u's in the league.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
I would say the problem is the coaching staff not using players correctly and calling the right plays for them. LaMichael James is too good a player to only be returning kicks (which 9/10 go through endzone anyway). There is a problem if you cant find a way to get him 1 on 1 in space with the ball in his hands. whether its a handoff or a (screen) pass.

McDonld TE was a bad pick. Despite his skill set, if he is only in there to block, we could have found a guy in round 6 to do the same thing.

Like someone mentioned earlier in this thread: Gore, Vernon, Manningham and Boldin is sufficient to at least have a decent offense. Instead on 1st down everyone knew it was a run up the middle for 1 yard. Then every throw was to Boldin between 5-10yards. No threat of anything further. Bad game plan and play calling. We could beat the Saints for sure with better calling.

I think Baalke is a good GM. Look at the roster he has built, one of the most talented in the game. Where I think the problem occurs is that there appears to be a disconnect somewhere between what the coaches need on the field and who Baalke is drafting. For example, if we only wanted bigger receivers and backs then why draft James and Jenkins instead of the Alshon Jeffrey's and Doug Martin's? I think a big part of the problem lies squarely at the feet of Roman and Harbaugh for not being able to communicate what type of guys they need. Fangio, being the defensive stalwart, appears to have the tools (Bowman, Willis, Smith, etc.) as well as a great idea as to the type of player his defense needs (Reid).
Everyone is entitled to their opinion - especially us armchair GM's.

Totally disagree/the post that Trent is a problem. He isn't perfect but he's a top tier GM.

Disagree that Vance was a bad pick. He's going to develop into a force.

Agree that it's the coaching.

Sure we have to draft some high quality WR. Last draft we got needed DLine help for a much needed and not used enough rotation.

This draft, we'll get WR's who will help.

BUTTTTTTTT if we don't change some coaches - Morton sucks, Roman is pathetic it won't matter who we draft.
Originally posted by bzborow1:

I think Baalke is a good GM. Look at the roster he has built, one of the most talented in the game. Where I think the problem occurs is that there appears to be a disconnect somewhere between what the coaches need on the field and who Baalke is drafting. For example, if we only wanted bigger receivers and backs then why draft James and Jenkins instead of the Alshon Jeffrey's and Doug Martin's? I think a big part of the problem lies squarely at the feet of Roman and Harbaugh for not being able to communicate what type of guys they need. Fangio, being the defensive stalwart, appears to have the tools (Bowman, Willis, Smith, etc.) as well as a great idea as to the type of player his defense needs (Reid).

I'm just disagreeing with his handling on one thing: Offensive playmakers through the draft. Since 2011, we haven't drafted one ball handler that is making an significant impact on our offense. Again, Gore, Davis, and Crabtree were pre-2011.
Originally posted by bzborow1:

I'm just disagreeing with his handling on one thing: Offensive playmakers through the draft. Since 2011, we haven't drafted one ball handler that is making an significant impact on our offense. Again, Gore, Davis, and Crabtree were pre-2011.

Stupid thread.

This, its a horrible pick for the manner they've used him in. McDonald played WR and TE in college, why not line him out wide instead of Miller, find ways to get the ball to him, not one or two targets a game, he looks like a monster in the open field but since they refuse to utilize him in the passing game, we don't get to see it.
Originally posted by niners94:
Stupid thread.

Then why post to it?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Let's blame everyone except the dude with the ball in his hands
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Baalke is way overrated as a GM
Share 49ersWebzone